Bulldog Pics

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!
My old computer died, and I was in no rush to get a new one, and using my phone just
wasn't as much fun.
I did get a lot of stuff done around the house during the hiatus, though.
A lot!
My gross bedroom is nice and tidy, no giant guitar amp monoliths blocking my window view either.
But it is nice to be back. I really did miss you guys.

Welcome back! That Castello is a beauty.

I've added a few bulldogs recently:

Ashton Pebble Grain 1999

Ashton_Pebble_Grain-99_Gallery.jpg

Ashton Pebble Grain 2000. This one is for sale on Briar Bid if anyone is interested.

http://www.briarbid.com/ashton-pebble-grain-taylor-bulldog-xxx,name,100524,auction_id,auction_details

Asthon_Pebble_Grain_00_Gallery.jpg

GBD #549 New Standard

GBD_New_Standard_549_Finished.jpg

Hooray! It's easy to forget how attached you are to the folks on this forum until someone is gone for a while and you find yourself missing their presence. Welcome back!

Welcome back Chris! You really have great taste in the bulldogs you add to your collection brother! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Harlock999":km91xlsk said:
T
My gross bedroom is nice and tidy, no giant guitar amp monoliths blocking my window view either.
But it is nice to be back. I really did miss you guys.
We missed you too, seriously.

And pictures of a tidy bedroom, or it didn't happen. :lol: :cheers: Can't have my expectations being ruined, or my brother in hoarding music and pipe clutter going "clean" suddenly. It just...ain't right.

8)

Oh, Harlock, how we'd be good friends if we lived in the same town.

1) You did a great job cleaning up... I'm impressed. You kept "good stuff." :lol:

2) I have that same Panasonic stereo receiver that looks like the dashboard of a Camaro. :lol: One channel has a filter cap that's blown on it, which really bummed me out... so I've been cannibalizing it for parts. If you need parts, or want it, please let me know before I shitcan it...there's plenty of good switches, knobs and stuff. Primary reason why I refused to fix it: it has about sixteen layers of panels, screws and armor surrounding it.

3) Korg made a white Microkorg XL? :scratch: Weird. Expensive little things for how cheap they seemed to be made... how do ya like it? I have an MS2000R so I can get all knobby and crazy with it--same basic sound engine, though.

4) Your Wurli Electric Piano is a treat. I have the wood "spiner" grandma-can-play-church-hymns version. Needs the amp re-wired, but...you know...eventually.

5) Really glad to have you back...no joke.

8)

Cool little view into your world. Eclectic is always interesting, a lot of that stuff takes me back, especially the record player and the old stereo.

Thanks Kyle!
And thank you for the Panasonic offer. The "old" me would be driving to Reno right now to pick it up.
The "new" me is still tempted... 8)
The white Korg may have been a limited edition. I had a friend who worked (worked) at the local Guitar Center, and he got me a "deal" on that one. They kept looking at him funny though, probably wondering why the guy from the bass dept. was ringing up a sale in the keyboard room. I'm a complete amateur when it comes to synthesis, but it's a fun machine.
My Wurli needs work as well.
My dad is 91 years old, and he's trying to come to terms with decades of hoarding, and some of the stuff around my place was his. I just don't want to end up the same way... :roll:

Fair enough, brother. My mother is the same way. She's not quite burying herself, but she's in a constant state of "her stuff owning her" rather than the other way around. I have my tendencies, too. Comes with the territory if you're off-the-beaten-path, intelligent and multifaceted. Double-edged sword, that whole deal. :lol: If you want that stereo, I can salvage parts for you and send them. Not trying to enable you, but dials, switches and fix-it stuff for things you actually use is akin to a car guy with rare stock not being able to find the right parts...ergo, not hoarding :p . It's totally yours (or specific parts therein) if you just say the word. I'll ship any and all.

Glad you're liking the MKXL... they're easy to get good sound out of, but those keys...those blasted tiny keys... :lol:

8)

Puff Daddy":ub9azmqc said:
Cool little view into your world. Eclectic is always interesting, a lot of that stuff takes me back, especially the record player and the old stereo.
Thanks PD!
Unfortunately, in the past, eclectic and eccentric acquisition disorder has also meant lots of
dust and silverfish, and I am done with silverfish!
I think I was fated to be a collector, as my dad is one as well.

And Kyle, I'm sure we would have been good pals, but we also would have been rivals
for the same thrift store junk!
(I think you can just make out the Goodwill price tag on one of the FM receivers, and the
one on the bottom is from my other favorite store, Salvation Army... 8)

In a big town like yours, though, no sweat. I have to get pretty creative to talk down the hipsters from buying crap they'll throw away after they have their theme parties. Usually it's, "Oh...bro... you gonna buy that? It's totally busted...I tested it out before you got here...there's no returns either..." They, not knowing much, usually go put whatever it is back, and I go grab it. :lol: Then again, I'm a jerk. *shrug* :lol:

Slim pickins in Reno. :p

8)

Harlock - you have some truly beautiful pipes! I love the Il Duca with the green stem, (it makes me think of malachite.) Also, I can't remember where you posted it, but the Peterson bent bulldog with the amber stem is gorgeous. I'm planning on sweet talking the wife into letting me get a new pipe for my birthday, could you tell me the specifics on it? I really like it and I don't have a Peterson yet.

Harlock, check yer dang PMs. :| I ripped apart that stereo and have parts for whenever, if ever, you want 'em. :lol: I hoard so you don't have to. :cheers:

8)

Nick Fox":g2b79zqj said:
Harlock - you have some truly beautiful pipes! I love the Il Duca with the green stem, (it makes me think of malachite.) Also, I can't remember where you posted it, but the Peterson bent bulldog with the amber stem is gorgeous. I'm planning on sweet talking the wife into letting me get a new pipe for my birthday, could you tell me the specifics on it? I really like it and I don't have a Peterson yet.
Thanks, I really appreciate it!
I believe the Peterson you're referring to belongs to PuffDaddy, and can be found somewhere in the Random Pic(s) thread:
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t16750p75-random-pics
And it is a nice one!

It's great to see you back, Chris!

A few months back I lost all my numbers or I would have called..

.. And can you believe who's coaching my club now?!?! We were only the champions of Europe for a few months before it all came crashing down