Bye

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What?!

If this is true, all I can say is take care John, you're a stand-up guy.

Chris

Wow. Just ran across this and am incredibly saddened. I hope all is okay. A genuinely good guy and great brother. Kind, generous, open and honest. One of the good ones.

I never expected to see this :(I really like John. I don't think there's much I can add about him that hasn't already been said here. I will definitely miss him and really feel I made a good friend abroad. John, if you do check back in and see this, I hope all is well and thank you for the friendship and support to not just me but everyone here on the forum.

John...saddened to see you leave...I'll wish you the very best!

Has anybody heard anything on John and if he's alright? I have his address and was thinking I might write or send him a Christmas card in hopes that he will let me know he's ok. Not sure if that would be crossing the line though? Any thoughts?

Boulder&Briar":fz3jtk5z said:
Has anybody heard anything on John and if he's alright? I have his address and was thinking I might write or send him a Christmas card in hopes that he will let me know he's ok. Not sure if that would be crossing the line though? Any thoughts?
I wrote him a pm that has gone unread. The forum shows his last login time shortly after that post.

I was thinking of sending him something too. I guess it has more to do with how well your personal relationship is with him.

Hmmm. A bye without a good in it. Inauspicious. I hope you are just hibernating with the rest of the bears and hope maybe we'll hear from you again come Spring. Best wishes to you.

Personally I am a bit worried about him. Definitely not your typical rage-quit and his last posts showed no signs of confrontation with another member. Most mysterious indeed.

Well here's to hoping that he's up in the North Pole keeping the elves in line....

While my concern as well as curiosity has been raised, it looks as though this was not an issue with another poster here on BoB. At least as far as I can see.

So that leaves it up to his personal issues, which should probably just as well be left alone IMHO.

While some of us may have more or less of a personal connection with John, he chose to delete his membership on BoB. For his own unspoken reasons.

I personally find that a tragedy, since he always fit in so well here and was respected. And rightfully so.

Equally, there are real life issues that mitigate one's attention and perhaps John's issues were one of them. In any case it's his personal decision, and while we may bemoan his choice at the same time perhaps we should respect it....

And hold our distance too. He may be facing a time where he needs to focus on his primary concerns. Whatever they are.

Don't want to make this melodramatic. Perhaps I just did. Yet that was not the intention.

Someone wants to go. OK. Thanks for the laughs, time, and fellowship.

John was one of the best!

:sunny: 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":iqvar4xs said:
While my concern as well as curiosity has been raised, it looks as though this was not an issue with another poster here on BoB. At least as far as I can see.

So that leaves it up to his personal issues, which should probably just as well be left alone IMHO.

While some of us may have more or less of a personal connection with John, he chose to delete his membership on BoB. For his own unspoken reasons.

I personally find that a tragedy, since he always fit in so well here and was respected. And rightfully so.

Equally, there are real life issues that mitigate one's attention and perhaps John's issues were one of them. In any case it's his personal decision, and while we may bemoan his choice at the same time perhaps we should respect it....

And hold our distance too. He may be facing a time where he needs to focus on his primary concerns. Whatever they are.

Don't want to make this melodramatic. Perhaps I just did. Yet that was not the intention.

Cheers,

RR
Well said!:cheers: 

Brewdude":po902ctn said:

Cheers,

RR
This exactly^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

Some nights when I couldn't sleep I'd catch John online here while he was at work. We PM'd each other on several occasions and from what I learned about him I don't believe he would just drop away without good cause. I haven't a clue why John left as suddenly as he did but I know him well enough that his reason for doing so is valid and not meant to be an act of disrespect toward anyone on this forum. We all know him to be one of the nicest and most gracious members here. Good people like John will be missed. John was part of our family and it's sad that he chose to leave. I've wanted to write him a letter thanking him for all the really nice things he sent me during this last bombing mission and to ask him why he left but I respect his right to be left alone and not have me intrude into his private affairs after he cut all ties to this forum. Like so many of you I hate it that he's gone and would like to know that he's OK. If any of you want to write to him then do whatever you think is proper. Just my thoughts on the matter. :) 

AJ

Just to clarify. His account has not been deleted. When we do that threads look odd because then you see "Guest" posting. John may come back whenever he likes. Or when he's ready. I simply hope that it was something misunderstood and not a personal problem. He hasn't PM'ed any of the mods so we are kind of in the dark. Just as you guys are. This mode of communication isn't always the best because it's hard to "hear" humor or intent.

John and I are good friends on FB. He is fine and I don't feel at liberty to discuss why he left.

Briarbabe":8u87oedn said:
John and I are good friends on FB. He is fine and I don't feel at liberty to discuss why he left.
Good to know, and of course you're right on the second point

Carlos":x8gw78gv said:
  we are kind of in the dark.   
I think that's the point. I get a kick out of these drama queens. If you wanna go, just go. It's NBD turnover is a fact of life on the pipe boards. :shock: 

Briarbabe":8x1f6eut said:
Good to hear he's fine..Thanks