Can anyone recommend a good pipe refurbisher?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cartaphilus":l56vc11m said:
DrumsAndBeer":l56vc11m said:
monbla256":l56vc11m said:
HE does ALL kinds of bit work! OEM to custom. I've had several P-lips replaced with fishtail by Walker. They do BIT work !! :twisted: :twisted: 
Cool. So he uses the existing stem I take it? That would be great.
Not that, that couldn't be done but I must assume that they change the bit for a fishtail type. Much less work involved.
Hey Drums. Have you looked over at smokingpipes? They carry replacement Peterson stems in fishtail and p-lip. Looks like they carry the animal you're after but are currently sold out. You might want to see when they expect more in.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe-supplies/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=125561

Trifecta13":xowt47y3 said:
Hey Drums. Have you looked over at smokingpipes? They carry replacement Peterson stems in fishtail and p-lip. Looks like they carry the animal you're after but are currently sold out. You might want to see when they expect more in.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe-supplies/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=125561
Thank for the link. The stem I am looking to have replaced is not on a system pipe but rather a midgrade 338 shape. I did however recently replace a P-lip on a System 314 with an aftermarket fishtail that I bought from 4noggins. They're right when they say that the taper is a bit different. The fishtail fits but not quite as well as the original P-lip. It's still very much functional though.

George Dibos. I haven't had any contact with him for a couple years, and not sure where he is living now. He is a real craftsman. I think someone else previously posted a link to him at precisionpiperepair.
Mike

hagley":gzr7hteh said:
George Dibos.  I haven't had any contact with him for a couple years, and not sure where he is living now.  He is a real craftsman.  I think someone else previously posted a link to him at precisionpiperepair.
Mike
Like Bob Davidson, George has suffered some major issues. He's living around KC. I've spoken to him at at three pipes shows this year but I was talking to a guy in Vegas and he reported that George will not return calls or emails and has his pipe sent to him when he was staying in ND. All the guy wants is his pipes back. :shock: 

daveinlax":327a2twk said:
hagley":327a2twk said:
George Dibos.  I haven't had any contact with him for a couple years, and not sure where he is living now.  He is a real craftsman.  I think someone else previously posted a link to him at precisionpiperepair.
Mike
Like Bob Davidson, George has suffered some major issues. He's living around KC. I've spoken to him at at three pipes shows this year but I was talking to a guy in Vegas and he reported that George will not return calls or emails and has his pipe sent to him when he was staying in ND. All the guy wants is his pipes back. :shock: 
That is puzzling. I know he does fine work, but not aware of the issues you mention. I wish George well, and hope the fellow you mentioned gets his pipes back.
Mike