car got stolen last night

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stuff that people take to work, go to the doctor, etc. That's my only qualm. :| I have a soft spot for tools of anyone's trade, even if it's a box of pencils for a sketch artist. To have them ripped off is a particularly sour taste. It isn't the materialism, it's the hindrance of productivity. It's offensive. *shrug*

8)

the rev":g60lckb4 said:
we have had 8 bikes stolen in the 4.5 years we have lived here in Long Beach
Is this North Long Beach we're talking about?

no we live on the east side of Long Beach, not quite as rough. We border the ghetto and the artist district.

rev

Hmm...
Well, I guess it doesn't really matter. Having your stuff stolen sucks no matter where you live.
I used to play at The Prospector occasionally, and hang out at The Pike, also on occasion. LB is cool, but it's a big place.

That stinks, hoping for a good outcome for you. Having supplied two girls with cars, I feel your pain.

That is such a bummer rev, I can't stand a thief, but it seems that there are more now than ever. :x

Harlock999":laaypcyl said:
Hmm...
Well, I guess it doesn't really matter. Having your stuff stolen sucks no matter where you live.
I used to play at The Prospector occasionally, and hang out at The Pike, also on occasion. LB is cool, but it's a big place.
dude, the pike is my favorite pub, and the prospector is across 7th from my house :)

rev

Dutch":y8u5josz said:
That is such a bummer rev, I can't stand a thief, but it seems that there are more now than ever. :x
the governmental and corporate thieves are worse to me, they effect more people, and only serve their greed not their need.

rev

We had our Accord stolen some years ago. A friend in law enforcement told us that if it was stolen by professionals it was already in pieces ready for fencing. If it was stolen by amateurs, we'd probably get it back, but likely would not want it.

They finally found it. A big chunk had been chiselled out of the steering column so they could start and move the car. It had several big dents in it from their joy riding. And we found a rap CD in the glove compartment that was not mine. [YUK] :twisted:

By that time we had already settled with the insurance company and had bought us a "new" old car, which (ironically) I like better than the one stolen.

Good luck. These days I drive a manual transmission, which at least cuts down on the numberr of folks who can even make it move, let alone steal it.

Just coming late to this thread now - so sorry for your troubles Rev. The people that commit these crimes rarely think of the distress and annoyance they cause to their victims.

I hope things work out ok. I'll try the prayers brother.

Fraternally

Jers

cops caught the guy driving the car, we have the car back. Apparently, though we don't know for sure, all that is wrong is the ignition has been pulled, which is an easy fix.

thanks for your thoughts and prayers,

rev

I'm sorry you had to endure a theft bro but I'm glad it sounds like everything will be ok after all. I know how it feels to have something stolen and it makes me sick to know anyone ever has to go through that. :no: :pale:

Still sending all the good vibes I can your way. 8)

You're lucky rev. Most jacked cars get stripped down for parts.

Years ago a co-worker had his 60s pickup jacked from a park-and-ride lot. The vehicle was kind of a rat truck, but it got jacked anyway. The engine and tranny weren't worth much.

Months later he discovered parts of the body in some remote field he happened to be driving by.

No telling what motivates these bastards. Hangin' is too good for 'em!

Hope there wasn't much damage.

Cheers,

RR

the rev":l7ojwim0 said:
Harlock999":l7ojwim0 said:
Hmm...
dude, the pike is my favorite pub, and the prospector is across 7th from my house :)

rev
Fun spots!
And great news on the recovery! :cheers:

Great news! :cheers: :cheers:

Fantastic result Rev - I'm really pleased for you.

I'd advise getting a new car alarm / Immobiliser switch fitted asap.

Fraternally

Jers