Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it is said that Voltaire drank dozens upon dozens of cups of coffee every day (at the famous Procope Cafe in Paris, where all those Enlightenment era dudes hung out). He died at the ripe old age of 84, quite a feat in the 18th century.

I hope the tests that led to those results were not performed exclusively a the Folgers Lab. I drink lots of coffee and would love to believe that the study is reliable. I also learned that they found that five cups a day keeps Alzheimers away.

I also learned that it keeps Alzheimers away.

Also, they say it prevents Alzheimers.

Alzheimers it prevents...

Alzh..it... prev.. coffee

I know reputable studies say also that it keeps adult onset diabetes at bay (sensible, since if you drink the reocmmended dose of a 4+ cups a day you likely pass a lot of water!)

If coffee is not your thing, Maté tea is supposed be awfully good for you. I like both, so in theory I should live forever.

There are just too many studies out there.....I don't know what to believe anymore, it's all so confusing. :lol:

Doc Manhattan":hxj4heyl said:
If coffee is not your thing, Maté tea is supposed be awfully good for you. I like both, so in theory I should live forever.
Coffee used to not be my thing, then one day, I suddenly loved it. Now, I drink it daily if I can. :D It's kind of like beer. It's gross the first few times and then, you're suddenly enlightened. You see the truth: it's the best beverage ever invented.

Doc Manhattan":7o0jfq5l said:
in theory I should live forever.

Also, according to your theory, Doc, you are living forever. There's no proof to the contrary. =P

I've never been able to get my taste buds around coffee. It smells so delicious, too.

The only exception is with Bailey's Irish Cream. I can drink it that way heartily in the winter months.

I also love the Bailey's in hot chocolate.

I've seen a similar study many years ago (more than 10). The caveat then was that the "good" compounds are volatile and are present in the coffee only up to 30 min after brewing.

I remember back in the day when I was still a young'n, One morn I went down to breakfast and there was a cup of black coffee at my place setting instead of the usual hot chocolate. I said, "what's this?"
My dad replied, not removing the newspaper from his face, with "Your 12 years old now, it's time you started acting like a man. You'll drink coffe from here on."
47 years later, I still drinking it black but I don't know if I always act like a man. At least that's what the wife claims. She says I'm just a big kid with lots of toys. :shock:

Falconer":4ttux6ss said:
I remember back in the day when I was still a young'n, One morn I went down to breakfast and there was a cup of black coffee at my place setting instead of the usual hot chocolate. I said, "what's this?"
My dad replied, not removing the newspaper from his face, with "Your 12 years old now, it's time you started acting like a man. You'll drink coffe from here on."
47 years later, I still drinking it black but I don't know if I always act like a man. At least that's what the wife claims. She says I'm just a big kid with lots of toys. :shock:
Falcon....... I think we are married to the same person!!! :lol!:

I doubt that Piet. Would God ever knowingly allow another Irish-Swede in this world? :lol!:
Impossible to live with, impossible to live without. Let's just go with impossible.

I fell in love with coffee at sixteen, at my
second job at the Golden Bear Pancake House.
Drank the stuff by the gallon.

Falconer":ckec3b37 said:
I doubt that Piet. Would God ever knowingly allow another Irish-Swede in this world? :lol!:
Impossible to live with, impossible to live without. Let's just go with impossible.
Ahhh ok Falcon a re incarnated sister maybe!!!!!

Piet Binsbergen":uwt2ldgl said:
Falconer":uwt2ldgl said:
Ahhh ok Falcon a re incarnated sister maybe!!!!!
What are you doing up so early in the morning Piet? Enhancing your immune system with coffee! :lol:

I have to have two or three big, strong cups every morning, but don't drink it later in the day. I seem to be so addicted to the caffeine that if I have a late night and don't have to get up early, I'll have a roaring headache by 7 or so and have to get up, throw down a cup or two, then I can go back to bed!

Not a good thing, is it?

Natch