Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justpipes":8a7izp2v said:
Piet Binsbergen":8a7izp2v said:
Falconer":8a7izp2v said:
I doubt that Piet. Would God ever knowingly allow another Irish-Swede in this world? :lol!:
Impossible to live with, impossible to live without. Let's just go with impossible.
Ahhh ok Falcon a re incarnated sister maybe!!!!!
What are you doing up so early in the morning Piet? Enhancing your immune system with coffee! :lol:
:lol!: :lol!: JP, thats what happens when you drink to much of the stuff!!!!

>>>> Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*>>>>>

it seems all my one time vices are turning out to be healthy--

now if they just find that tobacco cures something :roll:

Hermit":z3roc265 said:
whitebriar":z3roc265 said:
>>>> Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*>>>>>

it seems all my one time vices are turning out to be healthy--

now if they just find that tobacco cures something :roll:
Here ya go...
http://www.accessexcellence.org/WN/SUA03/medical_tobacco.php
>>> Nicotine in tobacco form accounts for millions of deaths each year from cancer, emphysema and heart disease.

***** Yet, in certain neurologic and psychiatric conditions, nicotine can have useful therapeutic effects, reported scientists at the inaugural conference of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco.*****>>>

thanks for the link---i had stopped smoking and developed a nervous facial spasm--now that i have taken up the pipe once more, maybe the spasm will go away--wouldn't that be a hoot--wife hope it will work on the psychiatric part too--

Kapnismologist":o4jevcw0 said:
I believe it is said that Voltaire drank dozens upon dozens of cups of coffee every day (at the famous Procope Cafe in Paris, where all those Enlightenment era dudes hung out). He died at the ripe old age of 84, quite a feat in the 18th century.
On his deathbed, responding to a Priest asking that he renounce Satan, Voltaire stated "Now, now my good man. Now is not the time to be making enemies."

PanheadJack":d2ejqoon said:
On his deathbed, responding to a Priest asking that he renounce Satan, Voltaire stated

"Now, now my good man. Now is not the time to be making enemies."

i hate to admit it, but that has a certain logic!!

whitebriar":0uba6m7c said:
PanheadJack":0uba6m7c said:
On his deathbed, responding to a Priest asking that he renounce Satan, Voltaire stated

"Now, now my good man. Now is not the time to be making enemies."

i hate to admit it, but that has a certain logic!!

Yup. There was a man who knew precisely where he was going. Not good to tick off the boss.

BUMP!

I certainly hope that this study is true. I am presently suffering through a bout of health paranoia (no real reason) and this could help ease m'mind a bit.

And for those of you who do not drink coffee? Health aside, you are missing out on one of the most glorious palette pairings known to me: good, natural tobacco and coffee. Nothing pairs with the pipe like a cup of the dark, black stuff.

TRY IT!

When I was in college in the 70s, multiple studies showed that coffee caused cancer. During that same time there was a huge worry about global cooling, and scientists were sure we were nearing the next ice age.

Now, it's just the opposite! :lol:

Rad

Matthew":qyoecu05 said:
BUMP!

And for those of you who do not drink coffee? Health aside, you are missing out on one of the most glorious palette pairings known to me: good, natural tobacco and coffee. Nothing pairs with the pipe like a cup of the dark, black stuff.

TRY IT!
for sure, for sure!

I remember my 12th birthday. My folks had always given us kids coffee with milk so they didn't have to make hot chocolate too. It was more like milk with coffee added, but on that day my breakfast coffee was black. I said "What's this? My Dad replied, "You're 12 years old now you need to start drinking it like a man."
I can't/haven't gone a day without it since.

Yak":big0xv23 said:
Would God ever knowingly allow another Irish-Swede in this world ?
Married one.

Happily ever after after 21 years.

:face:
37 years for me Yak. they've got this stick-to-it-iveness about them don't they? she's a Calhoon/Lundquist what a mix!!!
but I love her still. :heart:

Dang! I am getting old. I just posted something on this thread a second time. It's like deja vu all over again. Well at least my postsare consistant. I guess Slow Puffs is right, I'm just another old fart. :no:

I certainly hope those studies are correct! I've been a 2 1/2 to 3 pack a day (sometimes more) smoker for most of my adult life. And, I've averaged drinking 12 to 30 cups of coffee per day during that same time period! :affraid: :affraid:

Robert

piet! you're back!!!

quick beer story. when i had my first beer (14 years old), the guy who gave it to me said, "matt, this is gonna be like kissing. at first you may not like it and wonder what the big deal is. but keep doing it. soon it will be one of your favorite things." true that, bro!

as the sleep medicince guy (but also an avid coffee drinker), i feel the need to state that caffeine stays in your system a good 6+ hours. factor that in if you're drinking cups and cups of it. also, even small doses of caffeine can cause PVC's. four cups of coffee is a lot of caffeine, 500mg or more. (that's more than no doze pills and/or diet pills.) if you feel your heart bouncing around, you're throwing PVC's. (hopefully starbucks didn't fund this study.)

hobie1dog i agree with you, every day we're bombarded with conflicting 'studies'. i remember coffee and eggs killing us a couple years ago.