Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a personal level, I'm in good hands. I have my buddy James (jacuqesdubois, here), my pipes and baseball. Sounds stupid, but it's a great distraction when my hands are tied. Otherwise I'm cleaning up the empty house, or running around visiting the afflicted. I've just never been in a position like this before.

It seemed easier when I was the proverbial lone wolf, just caring for myself and getting by, but that's not true...you get support and love when you allow people in, but you also have to be there for them. Which is fine, that's good balance--it's still a struggle to find equilibrium and try and take care of not just yourself or not just others. Not used to this stuff. It's probably a momentum and method proper families use all the time, and I'm learning a little late. My view of "family" and how and why they do what they do is pretty messed up. Trust is hard to earn and lend out, and now that I have...I gotta figure out what the next level is.

Yeah. So, that got said. :lol:
facepalm.gif

Kyle, I know what you mean by the 'lone wolf' idea. It's best we keep going . . . one reason why I took the pipe back up was to deal with the kind of stress that comes from no longer being one :roll: So believe me, lots of us (or at least a few of us) understand

DrT999":azdpktbp said:
Kyle, I know what you mean by the 'lone wolf' idea. It's best we keep going . . . one reason why I took the pipe back up was to deal with the kind of stress that comes from no longer being one :roll: So believe me, lots of us (or at least a few of us) understand
Amen, Brother!

Kyle, I know what you mean by the 'lone wolf' idea. It's best we keep going . . . one reason why I took the pipe back up was to deal with the kind of stress that comes from no longer being one
My oldest son went to college and got married. I find the pipe provides me treasured moments of reflection. There are days when I wish I could sit in that chair all day.

Kyle, I love the reference to the "Lone Wolf". As a camping person that howl give me shivers. :)

Well, thanks guys. Dad's out of the hospital, bounced back pretty quickly, he couldn't get out of that place fast enough.

They'll still trying to figure out these "attacks," and he has a few underlying health issues that...just come with genetics and being 65 years old. He's on a lot of medication to treat various things, and it's starting to become likely that some medication changes are in order and might be the cause.

In other news, someone asked how Zack is doing... he got his arm cast off on Thursday, but can't put any weight on his leg for another month. That caused some emotional outbursts and squabbles with his family, because I guess they all expected him to "head home" Thursday. Not sure why they got that in their heads, so more feathers and voice of logic and reason from me. Unfortunately they began taking it out on me (they get tired of taking sh*t out on each other--they know the tactics of one another, and to get a reaction emotionally, weakness is key... :| ) and I had to leave yesterday. The problem with taking care of people and their emotions is once you do it well, you get expected to do it all the time. Sometimes all you can do is take off and let people breathe on their own. *shrug*

Few afflicted realize it, but things slowly get better. I have to remind myself of this every day.

Life is fascinating. (saying that a lot lately)

8)

Kyle - good news that your Dad is out of hospital and well done walking away from the confrontation with Zack's parents. I'm sure it cant be easy for Zack if his parents are constantly fighting.

I'm glad you are getting a bit of good news.

Regards

Jers

I'm happy for you on both fronts Kyle. Your dad is getting treatment and health figured out, and Zack is recovering well it sounds. Hopefully the stress will start to wind down for you brother.

Hey Kyle - Glad to hear that things are starting to head in the right direction. We hadn't seen a report on Zach recently, so thanks for sharing the report.

Emotional outbursts and emotions can make family life a living hell - as you well know. But in the end, we just have to remember why we're there in the first place. And it's not to support the family, but the one that needs the help.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: :mrgreen:

fingers.gif

Hahaha, Rob that's gonna get you a stern "talkin' to." :p You deviant.

It is good to hear that your father is out of the hospital. I hope he stay out for a long time, and my wife and I are keeping y'all in our prayers.

Kyle,
Glad to hear things are looking up ! Thanks for the updates,and be assured the prayers will keep coming !

Thanks all. One day at a time.

Oh, and for anyone concerned about Rob and his clowning, it really is just that. I respond well to playful abuse when applied properly. Rob's a Brother, and I'd have him no other way. Yeah, times are tough, but about the only thing that would set me off is generic insincerity, kind of hits me about the same as people who "kiss-kiss, let's do lunch, darling." Makes me retch.

Rob knows me pretty good though, and I'll accept a middle finger, an "eff you," a smile and a cyber brother-hug any day...along with the kind words and prayers you all have given me. Takes all kinds. I'm...unique. :)

I wouldn't know what to do without this place. Boy do I have some "paying forward" to do when the Universe swings back in my court.

8)

(...and then some...)

Kyle Weiss":5ctz5ppb said:
I wouldn't know what to do without this place. Boy do I have some "paying forward" to do when the Universe swings back in my court.

8)

(...and then some...)
You just being here and being one of us is "paying it forward" enough. Stay well my friend.