Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well gents after sampling the generously provided sample I must concur this stuff is very, very special! What an amazing aroma and the flavor is outstanding! Oh and be prepared for the tiniest little plug of super dense tobacco goodness. Ozzy you are the man!!!

Jim

Salty Dogs is the cats meow. An Ulu knife is an excellent tool for plugs.

21qLrliL4kL.jpg

DrT999":g4x7b7ai said:
You can always easily peel a layer off and cut that up as you please.
You don't want to do that with pressed blocks. I believe it was Mr.Pease who commented on someone recommending doing this, and he said that when blocks are made, they're done in layers, so if you peel off a layer, you aren't experiencing the entire blend. He said to always cut, or break downward, through the block to experience it how the blenders intended.

If someone remembers differently, please correct me.

Zeno Marx":epgnrfx3 said:
DrT999":epgnrfx3 said:
You can always easily peel a layer off and cut that up as you please.
You don't want to do that with pressed blocks.  I believe it was Mr.Pease who commented on someone recommending doing this, and he said that when blocks are made, they're done in layers, so if you peel off a layer, you aren't experiencing the entire blend.  He said to always cut, or break downward, through the block to experience it how the blenders intended.

If someone remembers differently, please correct me.
That actually makes a great deal of sense. I've always tried to cut through the layers to get a sampling of everything.