Dgting Anyone?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pipetongue1":m1wxsd26 said:
Bad form???I've left tabac in a pipe for a couple of weeks!! :D :tongue: Ken
Ken, obey the ten day rule, for the sake of your digestive track. Never DGT a pipe more than 10 days, especially a burley. Never DGT 5Bros, even for 24 hours. Hard to imagine but there was an urban legend of sorts that suggested Arctic explorers actually smoked a set aside briar from years before, pronouncing the smoke quite good. I'm not that adventuresome.

Muddler":tn06pbhs said:
I never intentionally DGT but fairly often pick up half an unfinished bowl. Generally only with Va's though.
Ditto Mudd!!!!
Or when the my wife calls to make me do odd jobs which happens often. In the evenings late I have peace and quiet to enjoy a full bowl, it is the highlight of my day!!

Funny that I read this when I did.. I just discovered a bowl of Marlin Flake from 2-3 weeks ago (when everything was quite chaotic).. keep in mind it hadn't been smoked at all, sonot true DGT, but kinda similar. Tastes quite nice.

PS, when I read this I thought Ken had started txting and was looking for some of the brothers to text lol :p

happypipester":87um7vh4 said:
Funny that I read this when I did.. I just discovered a bowl of Marlin Flake from 2-3 weeks ago (when everything was quite chaotic).. keep in mind it hadn't been smoked at all, sonot true DGT, but kinda similar. Tastes quite nice.

PS, when I read this I thought Ken had started txting and was looking for some of the brothers to text lol :p
Glad to see you back on the board and the pipe Lil' bro!! :cheers:

Thank ya Piet! It's good to be posting again! Goodness, there's been an explosion of activity on the board.. truly exciting!

happypipester":m0mfwkd1 said:
Thank ya Piet! It's good to be posting again! Goodness, there's been an explosion of activity on the board.. truly exciting!
We aim to please bro!!!

Hard to imagine but there was an urban legend of sorts that suggested Arctic explorers actually smoked a set aside briar from years before, pronouncing the smoke quite good. I'm not that adventuresome.[/quote]

Considering the paucity of supplies, resources, and fun "diversions" in the Arctic, a half-smoked pipe, regardless or age, might be quite a find! "hey look, a half-eaten ten year old tin of Spam! It's mine, I saw it first..." :lol:

Natch

In the past I always thought that DGT was a myth, at least for me. When I came back to the bowl the tobacco always tasted like sh*t.

But recently I've unintentionally only smoked part of a bowl, and when I came back to it an hour or two later, smoking through the top tobacco that still tasted like ****, I've found great tasting tobacco underneath.

Maybe the problem was that I didn't smoke through the top, foul-tasting tobacco to get to the improved tobacco. I dunno.

DGTing some Cairo now, it's crap this way, maybe not the right pipe, intersting point of view AB!!