DONE: Synjeco Group Buy Fall 2014 - SG Plugs, Schürch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo270r

Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

After the success of the first group buy, how could I not want to set up another one?!  :cheers: I'd like to try and get a Synjeco group buy together twice a year so folks who have to miss out on one have another chance without having to wait a whole year. I started the topic last December to gather interest with the actual purchase happening in the Feb/Mar time frame. For the second this year, I'm looking for it to kick off near the end of August or beginning of September. From here forward, I'll try and keep it on somewhat of a schedule of the actual purchase happening every 6 months in March and September. Hopefully, this will also allow people to plan if they're wanting to stock up on some blends.

Those who participated last time will know the oh-so fun time I had dealing with the wire transfer and exchange rate.  Thankfully, things should go a little easier this time around payment-wise, as I picked up an AmEx that may or may not have been a direct result of the first group buy :p

So everyone understands the total costs they will see with this group buy, here are the details:
  • International shipping charges for the order will be split among all members of the group buy. To fairly split this cost, each member's share will be calculated based upon the total weight of that member's order.
  • Domestic shipping charges will be calculated after the order is received by myself and is broken down into individual orders. In order to reduce domestic shipping charges, I can ship bulks like the 250g Samuel Gawith plugs without their box to try and fit them into a small flat rate box. This would obviously depend on the total size of your order. I will address this again once the order arrives and I'm figuring up all the domestic shipping charges.
  • There is an international transaction fee of 1% of the total transaction from AmEx. This will be split equally among all members of the group buy.
  • All prices will be calculated in CHF (Swiss Francs) and the final exchange rate will be calculated at the time the total payment is processed.
  • Payments will be accepted via Paypal Gift, Cashier's Check/Money Order, or Personal Check.

Here's a link to their pipe tobacco page: Synjeco Pipe Tobaccos

Start putting together your lists and let me know! I'm looking to place the order around the end of August to beginning of September. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me or send me an email.

Will you just be doing the SG plugs, or can we do some flakes as well? If so, I would likely go for one of the SG special flakes. . . . But I can understand if you don't want to mess with more than plugs!

DrT999":j2ovzrgb said:
Will you just be doing the SG plugs, or can we do some flakes as well?  If so, I would likely go for one of the SG special flakes. . . . But I can understand if you don't want to mess with more than plugs!
I'll order whatever you all want. I just put the SG Plugs in the title since they're usually harder to come by here and might grab some attention. I know last time we did get discounted pricing when ordering more than 500g of a particular blend. It ended up reducing the cost of the FV Plug and SJ Plug mostly last time.

nismo270r":f3xsduju said:
DrT999":f3xsduju said:
Will you just be doing the SG plugs, or can we do some flakes as well?  If so, I would likely go for one of the SG special flakes. . . . But I can understand if you don't want to mess with more than plugs!
I'll order whatever you all want. I just put the SG Plugs in the title since they're usually harder to come by here and might grab some attention. I know last time we did get discounted pricing when ordering more than 500g of a particular blend. It ended up reducing the cost of the FV Plug and SJ Plug mostly last time.
Great! I'll be in for something at least!

DrT999":sb07d19u said:
Great!  I'll be in for something at least!
Good deal! Spread the word, tell your friends! I have this posted here, on the TPC forums, and on the Cigarpass forums. If you have anyone not on the forums that wants to participate, shoot me a PM with their contact info and I'll reach out to them.

gismo - most bodacious! Thanks for picking up the ball again.

hp
les

Brewdude":dglnaz94 said:
Great of you to offer this again Chris.

Question for anyone - are the Synjeco House Brands all G&H stuff?

Cheers,

RR
I believe the Synjeco blends are all manufactured by G&H, but would have to confirm it with Daniel. I'll let you know...

fsu92john":vkr8xtjy said:
I'm interested. Will there be a minimum order per person?
No minimum order per person. No maximum either! :D Last time our total order was right at 5kg  :lol!: 

nismo270r":hn9j6752 said:
Brewdude":hn9j6752 said:

Cheers,

RR
I believe the Synjeco blends are all manufactured by G&H, but would have to confirm it with Daniel. I'll let you know...
FYI, Daniel is out of the office until July 15th...

nismo270r":spn1j3pj said:
nismo270r":spn1j3pj said:
Brewdude":spn1j3pj said:

Cheers,

RR
FYI, Daniel is out of the office until July 15th...
Roger that.

I'll stand by.

Cheers,

RR

Got word back from Daniel this past Thursday on the Synjeco blends:

Yes, Synjeco Blends are made either by Samuel Gawith (Mixtures) or by Gawith Hoggarth (Ropes)

I will post up the current order weight later today. So far only two folks who have given me specifics on what they want, but still plenty of time left!

nismo270r":ex7fkzm3 said:
I will post up the current order weight later today. So far only two folks who have given me specifics on what they want, but still plenty of time left!
Sorry, didn't know it was time to submit already! PM on its way soon!

DrT999":cf8ie1rd said:
nismo270r":cf8ie1rd said:
Sorry, didn't know it was time to submit already!  PM on its way soon!
No worries! You all can send it in whenever you're ready. I'm shooting to have them all in before the end of August so we can get a quote on everything to figure up shipping and all that jazz. Thanks!

Current order weight is at 2390g with 3 folks so far. Last order totaled out at 5kg, so this is one heck of a start! :)

nismo270r":k205w50i said:
Got word back from Daniel this past Thursday on the Synjeco blends:

Yes, Synjeco Blends are made either by Samuel Gawith (Mixtures) or by Gawith Hoggarth (Ropes)

Thanks for the clarification Chris.

Cheers,

RR