DONE: Synjeco Group Buy Fall 2014 - SG Plugs, Schürch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great idea Rick, the more the merrier! Current order total is at 2740g!

I would like to have everyone's orders in by August 25th, then I will contact them to get things rolling that week.

As of today, the order is at 3740g! A few more days to get your orders in and I'll be contacting them next week, thanks!

lestrout":d2lc6ab7 said:
Yo nismo - how full is that box getting to be?

hp
les
Hey Les, it's still under 5kg, but I have to get online after I get home to get the exact number. I'm waiting to hear back from a member of another forum, so I most likely won't be reaching out to Synjeco until closer to the end of this week. Just let me know what you'd like and I'll get it added to the list!

lestrout":nrkib0dx said:
Yo nismo - how full is that box getting to be?

hp
les
Just added everything up and we're currently sitting at 4890g. Let me know if you want to jump in Les. I'm going to contact them once I hear back from you, thanks!

With the addition of groovesmith75, we're up to 5450g! Les, if you can let me know by the end of the weekend, I'd like to reach out to them at the beginning of next week at the latest. Thanks!

Yo gismo - I thought 5 kg was the limit? I wanted to help you top off the box. Otherwise I'm good for now.

Thanks for all your coordination. Much appreciated here.

hp
les

lestrout":cquwhdl5 said:
Yo gismo - I thought 5 kg was the limit?  I wanted to help you top off the box.  Otherwise I'm good for now.

Thanks for all your coordination.  Much appreciated here.

hp
les
Not a limit, over 5kg just puts the shipment into the next shipping category is all. If you still want something, just let me know I'm the next day or so and I'll tack it on, sorry for the confusion!

Yo Chris - hope I didn't make you overly delay this project. I am good to go. Just wanted to help top off the box if that's what was needed.

hp
les

lestrout":q7w0t5rl said:
Yo Chris - hope I didn't make you overly delay this project.  I am good to go.  Just wanted to help top off the box if that's what was needed.

hp
les
It's all good Les, just wanted to make sure we didn't miss anyone that wanted to get in on the buy. I'll be working on this tonight and sending the email out to them shortly!

Update! Getting things wrapped up with Synjeco on the final cost. Should be getting this wrapped up within the next week or so!

nismo270r":5hvgde1n said:
Update! Getting things wrapped up with Synjeco on the final cost. Should be getting this wrapped up within the next week or so!
That's good to hear!

I don't know how I've missed this thread - it's only been around for months :x

Obviously I'm too late to the game to get something this time around, but in the first post you'd mentioned this being a twice yearly sort of thing...is that still the plan? If so, I'm definitely in for the next group buy.

idbowman":ybsg083b said:
I don't know how I've missed this thread - it's only been around for months  :x

Obviously I'm too late to the game to get something this time around, but in the first post you'd mentioned this being a twice yearly sort of thing...is that still the plan?  If so, I'm definitely in for the next group buy.  
Hey Ian,

Yeah, sorry a little late but I can try to see if I can add what you're looking for. PM me what you were wanting and I'll try to see if they can update the order. If not, I am still planning on putting this group but on twice a year regardless if I'm ordering anything for myself. Next one would be mid-spring or so next year though.

I'll look for your PM and we'll see what we can do this go around for you!

Just spoke with Daniel this morning and submitted payment and he said he should be able to ship it out tomorrow!

As soon as the transaction goes through, I will know what the exchange rate we'll have to use is. Shipping was 107.00 CHF and each person's share will be determined by the total weight of their order. I will wait until the order arrives and calculate everyone's totals with the domestic shipping included so you all only have to submit one payment.

I'll keep you posted and let you know when it arrives! :cheers:

Thanks for all the work you are doing to get this done, I am looking forward to the arrival!

Please educate me on the special qualities of Synjeco. With this order, are you guys saving money or finding tobaccos that are not usually available elsewhere?

Fatman":tu6w0z7r said:
Thanks for all the work you are doing to get this done, I am looking forward to the arrival!
No problem Fatman!

J Soshae":tu6w0z7r said:
Please educate me on the special qualities of Synjeco. With this order, are you guys saving money or finding tobaccos that are not usually available elsewhere?
Not really any special qualities, just the fact that they carry things we can't find here like:

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Plug
Samuel Gawith St. James Plug
All the Synjeco blends
All the Schürch blends
Other various Euro OTC blends

nismo270r":9yzbs71h said:
Fatman":9yzbs71h said:
No problem Fatman!

J Soshae":9yzbs71h said:
Not really any special qualities, just the fact that they carry things we can't find here like:

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Plug
Samuel Gawith St. James Plug
All the Synjeco blends
All the Schürch blends
Other various Euro OTC blends
Upside -- access to blends we can't get here; downside (besides price) is that some have to be ordered in larger quantities than you may want just to try them

DrT999":vwztn7yk said:
Upside -- access to blends we can't get here; downside (besides price) is that some have to be ordered in larger quantities than you may want just to try them
True, on the SG Plugs, 250g is the smallest quantity they can be ordered in. Some folks have split plugs in the past, and I can divvy them up once they arrive stateside to send to different addresses if needed.

Prices are a bit more for SG bulks as well. 50.00 CHF (approximately $53.00 USD) for a 250g plug works out to $10.60 per 50g, which is closer to our tin prices. Some of the other blends are roughly around what we see here though. Synjeco blends range between $10.60-$13.25USD / 50g. Schürch blends are around $10.60USD / 50g.

The shipping is a bit pricey, but I split it up by how much each person orders. So someone who orders 250g isn't paying the same as someone who order 3000g. I take the total tobacco weight of the order and calculate out how much shipping is per gram. For instance, this order shipping was 107.00 CHF and the total tobacco weight ended up at 4910g. This breaks down to 0.022 CHF / gram. So the share of shipping for someone who order 500g would be 500*0.022 = 11 CHF (around $11.67). I won't know the exact exchange rate until the transaction actually processes through, since they change constantly, but it's usually pretty close to what online currency converters show.

If you ever have any questions about getting in on the group buy, just hit me up. I will start a thread for the Spring 2015 group buy around the beginning of February with the order being placed around  the end of March or beginning of April.