Dunhill Tins

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like some pretty good re-introductory pricing. Will be interesting to hear the reviews if these blends stand up to the old.

Got that same email and took a leap and made an order for the Navy Rolls and Flake. Just looked like the tobacco's I have been smoking so got some of each.

Hope it's good!

Skip

Very happy to see the labels did not end being 'dual use' as with a number of other Euro tins currently distributed in the US. The new Flake tin is interesting, isn't it (compared to previous 'Light Flake' tin); oh, and SM Mellow as well.

I got 12 nightcap and 3 EMP on the way from SP. I may have gone a little overboard on the NC so if anyone has sealed tins for trade???? If not I may try to cash in on eBay suckers.

No doubt.. If serious its unethical at best and down right theft at worse.

The hell of it is, people are so used to it around them, they're coming to accept it.

I'm sparing you two diatribes about the behavior of two banks we more or less have to deal with.

:face:

onabullit":aq757xz8 said:
I got 12 nightcap and 3 EMP on the way from SP. I may have gone a little overboard on the NC so if anyone has sealed tins for trade???? If not I may try to cash in on eBay suckers.
Not to be contentious, but there are a couple things to keep in mind: 1) spiteful hoarding, and eBay opportunism, takes away from some of us who are genuinely interested in smoking this stuff. Someone grabbing a load of tins means some of don't get a chance at a tin at all. I'd like a tin just to smoke, and I don't have the means to trade and get involved in some sort of tin game. (I don't know what I mean by genuinely, because I assume even the people spending $50 for a tin on eBay want the tobacco to smoke it at some point). 2) Thinking of eBayers as suckers is kind of undeserving and presumptuous. How can anyone be sure that they know of other outlets? I mess around online quite a bit, doing searches, Googling, etc. I didn't run into this board or Pipestuds, for instance, for a long time. Yes, some are lazy. Yes, some are stupid. But some of them just haven't been blessed with the right information or outlet options.

Just a couple things to consider. It's cool that folks got some tobacco they desperately wanted. I'm both envious of you and joyful for you.

EDIT: and this is greatly part of the fault of the retailer for not setting a tin limit per customer. I realize times are tough, so you take the cash when you can get it, but setting a limit on something as sought after as this is both smart and fair. The more happy customers, the more repeat customers.

Did they run out already? I was hoping to go back and pick up some 965 just to try it as I have never had any. However by the time I got what I wanted of Navy Rolls & the Flake which I added in a few of the Escudo to go with it I had spent enough. I really want to try the famous 965, but no way I will order again now.

I hope you can still get some. Oh just looked and some are gone; sorry about that. Maybe it will not be like FVF and come again faster? I would check to see if anyone else has some since they don't even have them listed and probably have to change their site I would call Mars and 4noggins to see. Guess I missed the 965 so next time, but at least some some Navy Rolls and Flake.

Heck I made so many orders this month I am going to catch it from my wife. I mean just bought 4 pipes and then I must have made about 5 orders at least. Every time I turned around there was something I wanted. It started with a couple things like after I tried the bulk 2015, and then a week later I saw the FVF there with limit of 2 I took them and added 2 more pounds of 2015 and a few other things. Now this is after probably 2 orders at least. Then I got the email for smoking pipes about Dunhill so had to make one there. On top of that I sent an email about the older tins I got from Mars and when I was told only a few of each left I had to make another order. I am done until after Christmas.

Oh did I tell you that I made a list of tobacco's I want for Christmas, LOL! I sent it to my wife and kids too.

Skip

Zeno Marx":3faufeph said:
onabullit":3faufeph said:
Not to be contentious, but there are a couple things to keep in mind: 1) spiteful hoarding, and eBay opportunism, takes away from some of us who are genuinely interested in smoking this stuff. Someone grabbing a load of tins means some of don't get a chance at a tin at all. I'd like a tin just to smoke, and I don't have the means to trade and get involved in some sort of tin game. (I don't know what I mean by genuinely, because I assume even the people spending $50 for a tin on eBay want the tobacco to smoke it at some point). 2) Thinking of eBayers as suckers is kind of undeserving and presumptuous. How can anyone be sure that they know of other outlets? I mess around online quite a bit, doing searches, Googling, etc. I didn't run into this board or Pipestuds, for instance, for a long time. Yes, some are lazy. Yes, some are stupid. But some of them just haven't been blessed with the right information or outlet options.

Just a couple things to consider. It's cool that folks got some tobacco they desperately wanted. I'm both envious of you and joyful for you.

EDIT: and this is greatly part of the fault of the retailer for not setting a tin limit per customer. I realize times are tough, so you take the cash when you can get it, but setting a limit on something as sought after as this is both smart and fair. The more happy customers, the more repeat customers.
I roundly second and applaud your remarks.

Why's everybody looking at me. :shock: I didn't buy them out. Didn't get any yet. The distribution chain will get saturated at some point.

Looks like most of the retailers are getting supplies in. The rolls, pricey as they are, are selling out quickly. More will be coming given time.

Ouch, that McCranie's is a bit high huh? I paid $11.47 for my Navy Rolls. Looking around they don't seem too much out of line, but on this Dunhill they are high end of price for sure.

Skip