Ed Burak's Connoisseur Giants

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denholrl

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Ed Burak would sometimes design extra large pipes if he was able to get large ebuchons of exceptional briar. Here are a few I've been able to acquire during my 25 years of collecting Connoisseurs. I've included a bent Dublin panel of a more usual size, for comparison purposes.

Attachments

• IMG_5730.JPG
    IMG_5730.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
Ed Burak would sometimes design extra large pipes if he was able to get large ebuchons of exceptional briar. Here are a few I've been able to acquire during my 25 years of collecting Connoisseurs. I've included a bent Dublin panel of a more usual size, for comparison purposes.
I like big pipes and I can not lie

A couple times a month I do an ebay search for his pipes, just to see the various ideas. Even when I liked massive pipes, I never went for his because he really liked a tall pipe. I do not. Love his Alice in Wonderland perspective though. So many of them look like they'd be right at home at the tea party.

Nice pipes. Even though I'm personally not really a big fan of full-bent pipes, I'd make an exception for a few of these. Burack certainly had his own style.

Last edited:
They are beautiful pipes den!! I like the large pipes also as many are my regulars. Are they classed as Magnums? Forgive my lack of knowledge even with Connoisseurs?
Ed Burak never used the term "magnum." If you mean "magnum" as in the 10-inchers Rich Esserman collects, no, they're not nearly that big. They are just oversized versions of his "regular" pipes.

Very Impressive Collection! There was guy who was a regular at my local pipe shop who worked part time at The Connonissure Shop while he went to college in NYC. He had lots of Ed stories.