Escudo sale coming up at 4Noggins.com

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered 10 tins, and then proceeded to fill the cart so i could get free shipping... grrrr Stinkin TAD. :lol!: 

All I can say is I am glad these sales seem to do well. If they are a success, hopefully Rich will keep having them!!!

d4klutz":i6r7zl1a said:
I ordered 10 tins, and then proceeded to fill the cart so i could get free shipping... grrrr  Stinkin TAD. :lol!: 
It's good to see some folks have enough $$s to do this!! I'm doin good to be able to order TWO tins of anything a month!!  :twisted: :twisted: 

Brewdude":s7r59ffc said:
SOLD OUT @ 1PM PST.

No I didn't order any!

Cheers,

RR
I am proud of myself, and did not place an order. I was tempted. Very, very tempted but I actually really do need to start buying less tobacco, oh and smoking more.  :D 

DrumsAndBeer":xmwifjt5 said:
Brewdude":xmwifjt5 said:
SOLD OUT @ 1PM PST.

No I didn't order any!

Cheers,

RR
I am proud of myself, and did not place an order. I was tempted. Very, very tempted but I actually really do need to start buying less tobacco, oh and smoking more.  :D 
Ya I was sorely tempted as well, and was looking at what I could add to make the free delivery. Then I reminded myself that my discretionary spending needs to be directed in another direction for the present due a project I'm working on. Sure was a great price though.

I'll also be interested to hear from those who purchased some of this, or any of the latest releases to see if Escudo has any of that off-quality that Cart and others found a while back.

Cheers,

RR

And NO! I didn't order any. Almost but, after seeing that it cost just as much with shipping as I pay for it now I decided against it.
I have plenty now, besides I order once a month from another retailer with free shipping.

Cartaphilus":60ci1gmh said:
And NO! I didn't order any. Almost but, after seeing that it cost just as much with shipping as I pay for it now I decided against it.
I have plenty now, besides I order once a month from another retailer with free shipping.
I wish I could get in on the free shipping deal. I pay $20 for shipping 8 oz and even with the exchange rate it's still alot cheaper than what I can purchase here with all the taxes. Oh well sounds like were still better off than alot of the places over seas.

Hawker":2ke5gr4n said:
Cartaphilus":2ke5gr4n said:
I wish I could get in on the free shipping deal. I pay $20 for shipping 8 oz and even with the exchange rate it's still alot cheaper than what I can purchase here with all the taxes. Oh well sounds like were still better off than alot of the places over seas.
Our R/$ exchance rate sits at R10.74 for each and every dollar.
Free shipping is for the US of A only
Shipping for me is $29.00
Ten tins of Escudo plus shipping = $96.50=R1,036.41

I'm getting pretty good at dealing with PAD and TAD, but I succumbed to this deal and got my 10. Escudo just happens to be one of those tobaccos that I crave, as opposed to just liking or appreciating. I think I must have a thing for perique, since every tobacco I actually crave has it in it, sometimes quite a bit. Would love a Haddo's Delight sale like this.

By the time I scraped enough geetus together to order a couple of tins it was all gone. Too bad. Soooo sad. Thas awright. I've got a tin jarred.

These sort of "deals" make me glad there's Dunhill's Deluxe Navy Rolls. Same stuff, made by the same folks, Tastes and smokes the same though it is more expensive but it's ALOT easier to get ahold of !!  :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":zrtbswho said:
.... glad there's Dunhill's Deluxe Navy Rolls. Same stuff, made by the same folks, Tastes and smokes the same though it is more expensive but it's ALOT easier to get ahold of !!  :twisted: :twisted:
It's the only one we can get in the UK so I'm more than grateful for DLNR but £6.75 a tin would be a dream let alone $6.75  :) 

Adam

monbla256":ofw3o6ry said:
These sort of "deals" make me glad there's Dunhill's Deluxe Navy Rolls. Same stuff, made by the same folks, Tastes and smokes the same though it is more expensive but it's ALOT easier to get ahold of !!  :twisted: :twisted:
Don't follow that Michael. From my POV Escudo has been readily available for quite a long time on multiple sites.

Now, I haven't had the Dunnie product so can't speak to experience there. I do see it's more expensive though. So my question to you is this - has it gone through the same change in quality as claimed by others here who smoke Escudo regularly?

Cheers,

RR

My guess is that, like with the pipes, you are actually paying a lot of money for the name DUNHILL on the tin.

DUNHILL pipes are but soso but because of the name, it's very expencive. Same goes for the tobacco  :twisted: 

Brewdude":fvfvqfk4 said:
monbla256":fvfvqfk4 said:
Don't follow that Michael. From my POV Escudo has been readily available for quite a long time on multiple sites.

Now, I haven't had the Dunnie product so can't speak to experience there. I do see it's more expensive though. So my question to you is this - has it gone through the same change in quality as claimed by others here who smoke Escudo regularly?

Cheers,

RR
I can't really make a valid comparison as to previous iterations of either blend as I don't smoke them often. ( my preference is for other VaPers) But I have smoked Escudo back when it was made by Cope Bros, and have had the 4 iterations of DNR from Dunhill through McConell, then Murray's and now STG/Orlik and my impression is all these firms did good jobs of maintaining the original profile of the blends. My recent experience with DNR vs Escudo ( last year I was given a tin of each ) was that I was smoking basically the SAME tobacco , just packaged in two different tins. JMHO  :twisted: :twisted:

Mitch":y7jl1p0i said:
SpeedyPete":y7jl1p0i said:
Mitch":y7jl1p0i said:
Good for you, my young brother!!  That's one very nice haul you've made there.
Thank you, and if you look close you will see a beautiful Peterson pipe I got too.  I'm so happy with my purchase
Helluva nice haul there brother! Rock on........

:king: 

Cheers,

RR