Escudo sale coming up at 4Noggins.com

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monbla256":knz9xjez said:
Brewdude":knz9xjez said:
monbla256":knz9xjez said:
These sort of "deals" make me glad there's Dunhill's Deluxe Navy Rolls. Same stuff, made by the same folks, Tastes and smokes the same though it is more expensive but it's ALOT easier to get ahold of !!  :twisted: :twisted:
Don't follow that Michael. From my POV Escudo has been readily available for quite a long time on multiple sites.

Now, I haven't had the Dunnie product so can't speak to experience there. I do see it's more expensive though. So my question to you is this - has it gone through the same change in quality as claimed by others here who smoke Escudo regularly?

Cheers,

RR
I can't really make a valid comparison as to previous iterations of either blend as I don't smoke them often. ( my preference is for other VaPers) But I have smoked Escudo back when it was made by Cope Bros, and have had the 4 iterations of DNR from Dunhill through McConell, then Murray's and now STG/Orlik and my impression is all these firms did good jobs of maintaining the original profile of the blends. My recent experience with DNR vs Escudo ( last year I was given a tin of each ) was that I was smoking basically the SAME tobacco , just packaged in two different tins. JMHO  :twisted: :twisted:
You have your right to your own opinion sir but, I find that DDNR and Escudo are as different as chalk and cheese and are only similar because there both coin cut Vapers.
And I smoke both on a regular basis.  ;) 
There was a rumor about a year ago, fact or fiction that they were both made on the same machines. I say maybe but, that doesn't say they were blended the same way or with the same ingredients.

As if another opinion mattered (we all know what opinions are like), here's mine: I think they're the same tobacco sold under two different names.