Escudo?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolero

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered a tin of Escudo with my new Peterson from 4noggins. Their site says it's A.C. Peterson's, Tobaccoreviews.com says now it's Stokkebye's.

First is the tin I get from 4noggins going to be Peterson's or Stokkebye's, and second is there any difference? I've not smoked any version of the weed, and I'm a newbie to all of this anyways, BUT I wouldn't want to get hooked on something I can't get anymore, now would I?

Not sure if it's just my noobishness showing here or not but the only Escudo I've found so far has Peter Stokkeby's name in the fine print on the back of the tin

Stokkeby is the newest manufacturer for this blend. Here's the notes from tobaccoreviews.com.

Produced by the Cope brothers from 1870 to 1936, at which point they were bought by Gallaher. Gallaher produced Escudo until 1994. A & C Petersen began production in 1997, with the original presses. Now blended by Peter Stokkeby Toaksfabrik A/S, imported and distributed by Villager Stokkeby International.
So basically it's the same stuff, just being produced by a different company now.

You may be able to still find some of the old stock, on the shelf of local stores. The
bigger E-Tailers. Burn through inventory fast so if they have it at all. it's going to be the new stuff. I'm down to my 25 tins, bought in 08'

I have 5!
Hope the blend stays exactly the same.
Have not smoked any of late as I have put them in cellar. This is good to know guys, I have clearly not been paying attention!
Long live BOB!!

I haven't tried this one yet but I do have a couple of tins from '07. I would like to get a fresh tin try first though? Is there something wrong with me :oops: or am I becoming a hoarder?

Smokntaz":161gs9n6 said:
I haven't tried this one yet but I do have a couple of tins from '07. I would like to get a fresh tin try first though? Is there something wrong with me :oops: or am I becoming a hoarder?
do you have goat paths rambling through your house? i don't think you can be a hoarder without goat paths... :D

bruins":s5nvg67w said:
Smokntaz":s5nvg67w said:
do you have goat paths rambling through your house? i don't think you can be a hoarder without goat paths... :D
Hee hee, this TAD obsession might get me there yet! :cheers:

Smokntaz":y6tl7sbo said:
bruins":y6tl7sbo said:
Smokntaz":y6tl7sbo said:
Hee hee, this TAD obsession might get me there yet! :cheers:
I have Elephant paths!!!!

As long as the path has no droppings, nothing to be concerned with. :D

hobie1dog":0loa406h said:
As long as the path has no droppings, nothing to be concerned with. :D
No one thought of that Hobie!!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Piet Binsbergen":1dyme5ir said:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
piet, this i think must be an american phenomenon, but hoarders (in the USA) are people who fill their houses with crap (not real crap...purchased items they don't need) until the house is so full of junk they can only maneuver around the house through 'goat paths', these narrow walkways with junk stacked up to the ceiling on both sides. reality shows about these hoarder people are in vogue right now in the USA. (i've seen them clean these houses out and find dead pets the owner had forgotten about...) hope that brightens your day! :D

I've got Beaver paths at my place
beaver.gif

bluedigital":wko3q3es said:
I've got Beaver paths at my place
beaver.gif
actually, that sounds kind of nice. (i am thinking thoughts which are dirty...) :D

Beginning sometime halfway through last year (At least as far back as August 09), the tins changed from saying A&C Petersen to Skandinavian Tobacco Group. The tobacco is the same.

Jack Straw":ma4y7eiy said:
Beginning sometime halfway through last year (At least as far back as August 09), the tins changed from saying A&C Petersen to Skandinavian Tobacco Group. The tobacco is the same.
Thanks for the info Jack!

bruins":zzw6iuye said:
Piet Binsbergen":zzw6iuye said:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
piet, this i think must be an american phenomenon, but hoarders (in the USA) are people who fill their houses with crap (not real crap...purchased items they don't need) until the house is so full of junk they can only maneuver around the house through 'goat paths', these narrow walkways with junk stacked up to the ceiling on both sides. reality shows about these hoarder people are in vogue right now in the USA. (i've seen them clean these houses out and find dead pets the owner had forgotten about...) hope that brightens your day! :D
Still have elephant paths.................. bruins do I look stupid to you bru??????? :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
How many beavers BD???????