Fashion faux pas? You decide...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oxman":fthim3in said:
he fact that a pipe smoking community have dedicated a couple of pages of discussion to an unknown cycling team proves that the marketing has worked!
Exactly.

i.keenum":91cuprcu said:
Lack of moral fiber doesn't bother me.
:lol!: I'll remind you of this if you ever catch me breaking into your house.

Yeah, they look like girdles or something. On young wimmin. Eeew!

Oxman":sazd8dqc said:
MichaelM":sazd8dqc said:
Did anyone notice the girl on the far left appears to have 2 right arms?  There is something not quite right about this picture.
Mike.
There is someone standing behind her - you can see their legs as well.
I was trying not to look down there. Where is the persons head??

Yes, inappropriate. However, I see other stuff around the web that that's downright insulting, so these women with their weird outfits is tacky but not a concern.

I've come across cigar ads where women that I'm supposed to think are hot (photoshopped mannequins more than likely) are holding and smoking a cigar like they are doing something "else." When I used to shop at pipesandcigars.com they always had some monthly "tobacco babe" in the front page in underwear or something. I recently came across an ad for pipe tobacco that has some "classy looking guy" with a photoshopped pipe in his mouth and a lady next to him that I'm supposed to think is hot. What's wrong with all this? I am a guy who wants a tasty smoke, I might be crazy but I consider myself a man, not a "dude" with a high testosterone problem who acts like a monkey when watching a football game. It's crap like that why many people perceive that men are pigs, gentlemen don't exist, men only think about this or that, etc. In short, I resent those ads, they are insulting.

Women wanting to show (or pretend to show) some camel toe? their problem.

Oxman":u1whgwre said:
definitely, BUT the fact that a pipe smoking community have dedicated a couple of pages of discussion to an unknown cycling team proves that the marketing has worked!
Yup, I've never thought of women cycling before I clicked on a story about this photo on Yahoo a few days ago. Outrage is a great low/no dough marketing strategy. Clicks = $$$$ :shock:

False nude outfits are a pet peeve of mine. It's so stupid to me. I especially notice it on ladies figure skating outfits. If it's too cold to wear a deep v fronted top then wear an appropriate top, without a false nude v. Believe it or not, I'm not titillated by beige fabric. When I see false nude outfits anywhere all I see is someone saying "I want to appear as though I'm wearing less than I'm willing to." This translates directly to "I'm an idiot."

Actually, fellas, one of the girls designed the uniform because the team could not afford to have a pro do it.  The design was even approved by government body that sponsors them!  Both the impromptu designer and the bureaucrats involved have stated that they didn't realize the gold/tan color would look like a flesh tone and create the unfortunate result it did, they just wanted to incorporate the national colors (yellow, blue and red) into their outfits.  When the controversy started overseas, it was quickly picked up over here, and everybody jumped in on it, from sporstcasters to news columnists, and even a few politicians.  The girls were made fun of on TV, radio, and in print.  They insisted repeatedly that the obvious shortcomings of the design were accidental, and that they wished people would talk about their athletic performance rather than their (lack of) design skills.  The outcome of this ridiculous fiasco was that they are getting proper uniforms from now on, and they will NOT have a part in designing them.