Favorite band/group/artists?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had to pick one, it would probably be Pink Floyd. Their body of work is extensive and varied enough to keep me interested and I rarely get tired of listening to Gilmour's guitar.

That said, I enjoy discovering new stuff just as much as listening to old favorites and more recent Floyd doesn't quite grab me the way the older stuff does.

Frost":wyopcusz said:
If I had to pick one, it would probably be Pink Floyd. Their body of work is extensive and varied enough to keep me interested and I rarely get tired of listening to Gilmour's guitar.

That said, I enjoy discovering new stuff just as much as listening to old favorites and more recent Floyd doesn't quite grab me the way the older stuff does.
I agree!!

Doc Manhattan":goqignra said:
GWAR may have the melodies, but for real middle-of-the-road easy listening, you can't beat GG Allin.

He's like the John Dever of his generation (if John Denver were exhumed several years after the plane crash, and catapulted into the crowd.)
ROFLMAO :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LEmL6tIaYWU" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I listen to a lot of different kinds of music (as do a lot of other brothers on here) so to pinpoint a favorite might be tough, but I'd say my all time favorite band would have to be The Beatles.

I've been listening to a lot of bluegrass lately, and if you're a fan check out videos from a young lady named Sierra Hull. She's been playing mandolin since she was about 8, and is flat out awesome.

I've also been listening to David Gilmour's 2006 cd "On an Island". I (like Frost) can listen to Gilmour's playing for hours. I think his second solo on "Comfortably Numb" ranks at the top of my list of all time great guitar solos. I still get chills listening to that.

Several folks have listed Jethro Tull. I love "Songs From the Wood" and "Thick as a Brick" especially, but the "Aqualung" album is also one of my favorites. I recently came across a youtube video of Ian Anderson playing some songs with a string ensemble; I think they were set up in his house. Particularly enjoyable were "Wondering Aloud" and "Life's a Long Song."

I also really enjoy the Stones, especially the years 1968-72, ZZ Top, Allman Brothers, CSNY, Jack White, Byrds, several others.

Mike

Johnny":ixrtla45 said:
Just wondering what everyone enjoys listening to.

I'm a big fan of classic rock. I can't say that I have an absolute favorite though. Pink Floyd is the one I would pick if I absolutely had to choose though.
I with you there! Pink Floyd rules!

Marvin Gaye
The Temptation
Four Tops
Duke Ellington
Count Basie
Grant Green
Wes Montgomery
Louie Armstrong
Ella Fitzgerald
Nancy Wilson

Hard to pick a few, but spontaneously an incomplete, inconsiderate short top ten list could look like this:

• Bach
• Robert Schumann
• György Ligeti
• John Cage
• Morton Feldman
• Karlheinz Stockhausen
• Steve Reich
• Hans Otte
• John Coltrane
• Ornette Coleman

The Allmighty Lynyrd Skynyrd. Pre 1977 that is. My mom and dad seen Skynyrd at the Knebworth Fair in Hertfordshire back in the 70's. Said it was a bad ass show. Left when the Stones came out but a good show none the less they said. Why they went all the way to the UK from Virginia to see Skynyrd is beyond me but should have been a fun trip.

B.B.
SRV
Clapton
Gilmour
CCR
Vince Gill
Knopfler
Allison Krauss
JJ Cale