Favorite band/group/artists?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone enjoys listening to.

I'm a big fan of classic rock. I can't say that I have an absolute favorite though. Pink Floyd is the one I would pick if I absolutely had to choose though.

mastodon/neurosis/withered

if anyone is listening to the new high on fire album, let's chat!

The Doors, Paul butterfield, Canned Heat, Hendrix, Janis Joplin, 38 special, Cream, Guess who, Vanilla Fudge, ...oops, guess I'm sho'n my age. :roll:

Allman Bros, ZZ top, Steely Dan, AC/DC, Clapton, SRV, Doobies, Zep, Booker T , Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Johnny Winter, Steve Winwood, Derek Trucks,,,,

I'm not a huge fan of elo but I do also love to listen to Fire on high and Iron Butterfly's In the garden of eden.

bruins":xsr2pfgk said:

You are shitting me bro!!!!!

Ditto,
Metal, hard and heavy,
Love the old classics, Maiden being one of them, just imported the new ltd edition album "The final frontier"
What is hot for me of late is the new Scandinavian metal scene, Eluveitie, Equilibrium, Bodom, Demi Borgir, etc.
Dig In flames, Dragon Force etc.
Cool bro!!!

SOCIAL DISTORTION!!!!! :twisted:
also, metal / punk / NYHC / rockabilly-psychobilly

Piet Binsbergen":fgadxfo3 said:
bruins":fgadxfo3 said:

You are shitting me bro!!!!!

Ditto,
Metal, hard and heavy,
Love the old classics, Maiden being one of them, just imported the new ltd edition album "The final frontier"
What is hot for me of late is the new Scandinavian metal scene, Eluveitie, Equilibrium, Bodom, Demi Borgir, etc.
Dig In flames, Dragon Force etc.
Cool bro!!!
that's hilarious. i saw dragon force last summer. figures you'd be a metal head. the scandinavian guys i'm not so familiar with, except bodom. i'll have to check them out.

yeah, dragon force killed. you may or may not know, but american metal has shifted a bit towards a oneness with mother earth. the sound is earthy, 70's sounding, marshals are back in vogue, all the guys sporting super long beards, like coming down from the mountain looking guys. anyway, so dragon force comes out, long blowing hair, big 80's metal sound (they actually had fans on stage to blow their hair ala Yngwie Malmsteen like). yeah, it was some funny shit, but cool. then one of the guys came out in the audience and was rocking it out with us average joes. in the end, they won me over.

Bruins,
the vocalist was born here in RSA.
These guys are frikking mad, but some of the best duet guitar work I have seen in years.

Up the Irons Bud!!

Dover, rock on bro!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

my top 10...

1. Black Sabbath
2. Dead Can Dance

to round out a top 10, but in no particular order:
Zoviet France
Einleitungszeit
SDS
Voice of Eye
Bolt Thrower
Minor Threat
Man is the Bastard
Grateful Dead/Phil Lesh & Friends

some names that came to mind in the process:
Assuck, Bad Influence, Capitalist Casualties, CFDL, Charlemagne Palestine, Contropotere, The Cosmic Jokers, Deathside/Paintbox, Despise You, Discharge, Disclose, Enslaved, Forward, His Hero is Gone, Roscoe Holcomb, Incapacitants, Jefferson Airplane, JLIAT, Misery, Hermann Nitsch, KK Null (water period), Rorschach, Rot, Slayer, Stars of the Lid, Svart Sno, Unruh, The Doors, Deep Purple (live only), Neil Young, Youth of Today, Venom, Vivenza.

Piet, never would have imagined.....

I love Misfits, Danzig was better that Michael Graves but the latter was still great!

Piet Binsbergen":w1m9t3q4 said:
Bruins,
the vocalist was born here in RSA.
These guys are frikking mad, but some of the best duet guitar work I have seen in years.

Up the Irons Bud!!

Dover, rock on bro!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:
i nearly forgot, dragon force started their set with fart sounds, great big huge long farts coming through $50,000 worth of sound equipment. it was pretty damn funny and sounded better than some of the other bands i saw that day (i'm talking about you disturbed!)

Clapton, Zeppelin, SRV, Dire Straits, Doors, Beatles, Skynyrd. Also like some country, Toby Keith, Shanai Twain, Sara Evans, Lady Antebellum,

Johnny":qik4ncfw said:

I love Misfits, Danzig was better that Michael Graves but the latter was still great!
Cool bro!

Johnny":wvskw4uk said:

138!!!!!!!

Pat Metheny
Gino Vannelli
Boston
Maynard Ferguson
Chase
Blood Sweat & Tears
Pedro Aznar
Allen Vizzutti