Favorite band/group/artists?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hobiedog,

I actually PEED with Allen Vizutti once! In separate urinals of course...

I like Maynard a whole ton (being a trumpet player myself) but other than that...

Harry Connick Jr.
Miles Davis
Herbie Hancock
Don Drummond
The Skatalites
Westbound Train
the specials.

just to name a few.

I listen to everything from smooth jazz to Prog rock (porcupine tree, floyd, old Dream Theater, king Crimson), to stuff like Opeth, King Diamond, Mastodon, Dysrhythmia, Cynic, Death, Periphery, some Megadeth, because to me, they were Metallica w/ better melodys and better musicians.
I even dig a little old rap/hip hop, when the mood strikes me.

greasemunki85":2ivrwoc4 said:
I listen to everything from smooth jazz to Prog rock (porcupine tree, floyd, old Dream Theater, king Crimson), to stuff like Opeth, King Diamond, Mastodon, Dysrhythmia, Cynic, Death, Periphery, some Megadeth, because to me, they were Metallica w/ better melodys and better musicians.
mastodon! seen 'em five times, shared a pint with brann and brent. love those guys. (yes, i'm name dropping to impress you.)

greasemunki85":09z3roj3 said:
The sign I'm ancient...I ain't never heard of any of those groups
icon_scratch.png
So none of those groups opened up for Dean Martin?
icon_lol.gif

bruins":kaevp2k7 said:
greasemunki85":kaevp2k7 said:
mastodon! seen 'em five times, shared a pint with brann and brent. love those guys. (yes, i'm name dropping to impress you.)
Mastodon is piss cool!
Bruins, take me to your leader bro!!

bruins":q0qsai10 said:
greasemunki85":q0qsai10 said:
Seen em twice, first time I saw em' I really didn't know who they were, at all. I was playing pool w/ my bass player at the time, and these two guys walked up (Brett and Bill) and started up a convo, bought us a couple of beers, and were pretty cool, like I said this was 02', I really didn't know who they were at the time, and then they got on stage and proceed'd to amaze us, been a fan ever since. Great bunch of guys.

greasemunki85":b6cqcmxl said:
Seen em twice, first time I saw em' I really didn't know who they were, at all. I was playing pool w/ my bass player at the time, and these two guys walked up (Brett and Bill) and started up a convo, bought us a couple of beers, and were pretty cool, like I said this was 02', I really didn't know who they were at the time, and then they got on stage and proceed'd to amaze us, been a fan ever since. Great bunch of guys.
yeah, that's the thing about them, here we are 8 years later, awards galore, and they still play 400 capacity venues, they still go to the local watering hole afterward. pretty damn cool. troy is a little standoffish, and bill is quiet, brann is extremely friendly, brent is usually drunk. last show i saw, few months back, brent was so drunk he could hardly perform and sang horribly. he sounded like a 90 year old pirate. bill was in the hospital sick, but rather than cancel the show. they recruited one of the intronaut guys to fill in, which he did brilliantly.

Jeez favorites hey well here goes,

Sinatra, Martin, Crosby, Ray Charles, Neil Young, Lenord Cohen, Gordon Lightfoot, Johnny Cash, Corb Lund, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, The band, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and the Heartbrakers, The Pogues, The Cheiftans, The Dubliners, Tom freaking Waits, The Stones, The Who, The Guess Who, Sublime, Allsion Krauss, Etta James, Old satchmo!, The Piano Man, Elton John, Floyd Cramer, Mozart, The White Stripes and countless more! :cheers:

Anders And":shn759d9 said:
My all-time favourites are: Jethro Tull, Billy Joel, Runrig.
Bro, Jethro Tull, Songs from the woods is the best everlasting album ever made!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Piet Binsbergen":bahu1r3e said:
Anders And":bahu1r3e said:
Bro, Jethro Tull, Songs from the woods is the best everlasting album ever made!!!! :cheers: :cheers:
I just listened to that album yesterday morning, Piet! Awesome, awesome album!

Johnny":62f82rom said:
Piet Binsbergen":62f82rom said:
Anders And":62f82rom said:
DUDE, Sweet, it has been my no1. Album while painting in the studio for the past 10 yrs. Gets a spin at least twice a week!!!

Piet Binsbergen":4mu04ald said:
Johnny":4mu04ald said:
Piet Binsbergen":4mu04ald said:
Anders And":4mu04ald said:
DUDE, Sweet, it has been my no1. Album while painting in the studio for the past 10 yrs. Gets a spin at least twice a week!!!
Well, I have absolutely no talent when it comes to painting but it was great while scrubbing out some estates!

Godsmack, Seether (Go SA Artists), Depeche Mode, Kris Kristofferson .... quite an eclectic mix I realize... Just like me :D

Piet Binsbergen":gxc40dhk said:
Johnny":gxc40dhk said:
Piet Binsbergen":gxc40dhk said:
Anders And":gxc40dhk said:
Agreed! It’s an absolutely fantastic album! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

In fact, Songs from the Wood is the first JT album I ever listened to! I discovered it 17 years ago in my parents’ record cabinet and decided to give it a try because I kind of liked the cover. After that, I played it again and again until I really got hooked and began collecting other JT albums as well.

And now I know what I will put on my playlist after finishing my lunch break! :D

Piet Binsbergen":sj9pircd said:
Anders And":sj9pircd said:
i was a big fan of their heavy horses album.

We seem to be in good company here!!!!!!
Love the whistler and Velvewt green on Songs from the woods!!!!!
Heard it for the first time when I was 12!!!!!

James Brown?
Nick Drake?
Townes van Zandt?
Elliott Smith?
Paul Simon?
Mice Parade?
Old Crow Medicine Show?
Yonder Mountain String Band?
Chet Atkins?
Jose Gonzalez?
The Sea and Cake?