Fear of heights?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you have Acrophobia maybe you shouldn't watch this!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f1BgzIZRfT8" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Cheers,

RR

I’ve watched that video before. I’m scared of heights and those videos like those tear me up. But I still watch them.

yeah . . . that job is a no go for me . . .

iu

Wow. How about a nice soothing walk?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZmDhRvvs5Xw" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Tim, that vid was a real nail-biter! Walking over those sections by stepping on a single rail was pretty gutsy. Where is that exactly?

Stick, gotta admit that takes the biscuit. How anyone can do that or want to is beyond me. Seems like a death wish!

:affraid:

Cheers,

RR

My limit is an eight foot step ladder, but at
least those tower climbers are pretty safe.
Have you seen "Free Solo?" :affraid:

Corncobcon":sgo9muf1 said:
Why did I look at those?
I'm sitting in my chair and feel like I'm going to fall off! :affraid:
Well, that six-pack of tall boys and the dozen shots of cheap tequila you just finished might have something to do with it? :lol:

I was a roofer back in the late 70s, could throw a flat of shingles on my shoulder, "run" up a 30 foot ladder, and dance across the peak of a steep pitched roof without a care in the world. Now I get 10 feet off the ground on a well-set ladder and my legs turn to jello. Guess with age comes the realization that falling could really hurt.

Natch

I'm afraid of heights. Think it is hereditary on some level. Genetic or learned? Not sure. I used to paint houses. I hate ladders. HATE LADDERS. They multiply the entire phobia. I'd rather do something stupid like hang over the gutter to paint the soffit than do it on a ladder. On the other hand, I've rock climbed and rappelled from hundreds of feet. I'm scared almost senseless, but I've truly enjoyed doing both. The "almost senseless" thing is key, because you can't be a rock climber worth beans if your senses are a mess. One of the biggest disappointments in my life that I can't be a competent mountaineer. It's a fascinating and cool hobby, and all I can rightly do is look up and admire others doing it.

Natch":cfx7bnnu said:
Corncobcon":cfx7bnnu said:
Why did I look at those?
I'm sitting in my chair and feel like I'm going to fall off! :affraid:
Well, that six-pack of tall boys and the dozen shots of cheap tequila you just finished might have something to do with it?  :lol:

:lol!: It was Miller Lite and bourbon! :lol!:

I was a roofer back in the late 70s, could throw a flat of shingles on my shoulder, "run" up a 30 foot ladder, and dance across the peak of a steep pitched roof without a care in the world.  Now I get 10 feet off the ground on a well-set ladder and my legs turn to jello.  Guess with age comes the realization that falling could really hurt.

Natch
My dad could do the same thing. Unfortunately, one day in 1969 he fell off the roof! No major injuries detected. He got back up and finished the roof! He was never really the same after that, then he retired. Four years later he passed away. :(

I experience a visceral reaction in all of the above videos, but this one does not.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gXXUGZvYdzE" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>
Needles to say, I ain't doin none of this stuff.