Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not a problem Mike. If it would be easier than sending out new labels I don't mind sitting out. It really isn't a big deal. I will mainly enjoy seeing the followup posts as the pass progresses.

Justpipes":jqjunafq said:
It is not a problem Mike. If it would be easier than sending out new labels I don't mind sitting out. It really isn't a big deal. I will mainly enjoy seeing the followup posts as the pass progresses.
Duke,
I was curious as to why ol'Leroy was'nt takin part this year? :lol:

Best,
Dock

D.J. Perry":jbzu85b9 said:
Duke,
I was curious as to why ol'Leroy was'nt takin part this year? :lol:

Best,
Dock
He said that he was afraid that if he was involved and something happened like the package getting lost or something that somebody's ass would have to be whupped, so it's just best he be a spectator.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

YAHOO!

It's here and I am eager to dig into it.

As usual, Mike did a super job putting this together.

Thank you and all of the others who made contributions.

I'm going in!

Don't forget the safety rope!!!

If TJ doesn't come up for air in a couple days we'll form a posse 8)

God that was fast!.... Gy'de up babs....

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the box arrived yesterday. I am going to open it up in a few min. Man the box really smells good sitting here. More details later.

Piece out

Tried a bowl of four seasons earlier. It is a good smoke. A little differant but good. It is one of the better drug store blends I have tried.

I am smoking a bowl of Maltese Falcon right now. Man this stuff is a great smoke. I would definately recomend this blend to everyone to try.

I am wanting to try the tobacco twist in the pass. Can anyone tell me the best way to smoke it.

Eggman, the "best" way I have heard to smoke ropes is to cut into small disks. I guess some people then roll it up and put it into your pipe. I would think that it would need to be rubbed out though first. I haven't had the guts to give ropes a try yet. I know one thing, I would use a small flake pipe as everyone says the stuff can be pretty strong.

You may want to do it right before bed, in fact, you may want to do it while you're laying in bed so you won't have to try to find your way to the bed :lol:

It's pretty strong stuff :| Some say use a small pipe so you won't be burning so much of the stuff but a small pipe also concentrates the flavors which do not need concentrating :shock: I'd say use a group 4 pipe and be prepared to smoke half and dump half - or not. You may have much bigger cajones than I do :!:

Speaking of ropes,,,,,,,,,,,,,, somebody better throw TJ one.

Egg,

I take a very sharp knife and cut off a small piece. It is packed tighter than you imagine.a little produces a lot of tobacco. I then take the coin into quarters, finally I rub it out and let it sit on a paper plate for 4-5 hrs. This allows it to breath and dry a bit. I have stuffed coins and quarters in a pipe and I have rubbed it out and smoked it, none of the above works well without letting it breathe for a bit.

Its not as bad as everyone carries on, don't be afraid. IMO its not much stronger,nicotene wise, than Cumberland. I think people mistake the incradible strength of flavor for Nicotene strength. It goes well with an extra dark roasted coffee.

The G&H versions do hit me more than the Sam Gawith versions. But then, these flavors are only done by G&H.

I take a new pair of scissors and cut around the edge of the rope. I end up with small football shaped slices that rub out easily. After cutting around, I can usually cut the end square again as it's smaller.

I have a small maple cutting board just for tobaccos. I used to slice coins. That works also. I just prefer the scissors method.

I chewed a peice of Gawith rum rope once...... It almost killed me.... a unique smoking experience and agreed that you should smoke it in bed unless you want to sleep where you fall.