Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for not updating... I was about to send it off but Lew said he was not going to be home until the weekend and thought it better I hold it. It's in the mail now though and should be there soon.

Don't have it with me... I think it's sitting on my desk at home though. Do the postal tracking numbers even work? UPS's work great but it seems like I always have the package before it's updated on USPS's site. :lol:

Sorry about not posting earlier, but it has been busy around here the last few days.
The box landed Friday, evening (or at least that's when I was able to but my grubby hands in it), but I have only had the chance to try a couple samples out so far.

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out what needs to go in. ;)

The Maltese Falcon is Yummy!

mdmiller5":y0qlz6p8 said:
Jeff, please read your PM's prior to shipping the East Box off to it's next participant. There has been a change to the routing. Thanks for your help.
Sure thing Mike.

I have been trying out a few different samples, and I think I know what I'll be trading. I should get the box off in the next day or two.

Afternoon All, I have surgery do next Wed. the 26th, so I felt Babs might be held up for some time, I'm going to be in hosp. for a min. of 5 days, so I am opting out, of this pass. I have alerted Mike, this will be the first pass I miss since I joined Knox in '03, ah well I'll just have to smoke some of my rarer tabacs myself! :lol: Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat:

Even tho I'm not in the pass I sure want to wish you the best on the surgery. Thoughts and prayers will be with you!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Ken, my best wishes on the surgery. You are not totally locked out of the pass. The West bound box will not be headed in your direction for close to two months. We will keep you on the list until then. Hopefully you will be fully recovered by then and ready to smoke.

Ken,

My hope is and I will be praying that everything goes well with your surgery!

Keep us updated when you can.

Mark.........oops.........I mean Leroy. :lol:

I've been working my way through a good number of samples, and have had more hits then misses, so that is all good. The Maltese falcon is good, I've sort of burned myself out on latakia blends lately, so I couldn't enjoy it as much as I will when I open my tins in a couple months...but man that Maduro cut cake is a real winner, I see myself stocking up on quite a bit of that.

I have to say I didn't really care for the Walnut, something about the casing and the tobacco choices didn't sit right with me, on the other hand the Edgeworth, and the Four seasons were surprising hits.

-Big smoker is the dominican glory a sample?

I can't find the tracking number but I did find the deliver confirmation slip so I can check that when I get home. I was hoping it would get to him by this weekend but I must have missed the mark.

Well, I brought the box into work today to send it out; unfortunatly, when I got here, I noticed that I had forgotten the books at home. I apologize for the delay, but I will get it out bright and early in the morning.

On the upside I had the opportunity to try the Dominican Glory, and that is some fine tobacco!

Take:
Solani 633

Puts
Samuel Gawith - Chocolate Flake
MacBaren - Honey and Chocolate (sample)
Pipes and Cigars - Trout Stream (sample)

I grabbed a little extra of the Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, I hope no one minds. One of my coworkers just picked up the pipe (this week in fact), and I was making him a sample/starter collection, but didn't have a good burly (OTC type) to put in, so the ERR was a perfect addition.

if you get a chance pick up the maduro Dominican glory... much better than the regular imo

I do not have the box as of right now due to the fact I am still in job training in the cities until Friday afternoon, though it should be sitting at home in Lisbon waiting for me as it was supposed to be brought in when it was delivered. I plan to pull out some samples and do puts/takes Friday night and send it out Sat morning. Looking forward to it though!