Getting released today, hopefully

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OW
It's great hearing from you!! After what you've been through the best thing right now is to stay in that rehab facility for another 7 to 10 days. You need to ride a 4X4 to get back home and right now the ride could put you in much worse pain. Feel better, rest and you'll mend up faster!!
Once your back home your way of life will also be diminished for a few months. I wish you ALL THE BEST :sunny: :sunny:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

MisterE":ez56dxxj said:
Hang in there Oz! Good vibes being sent ...
Thank you sir. Though it might seem a bit self indulgent, I went ahead and lit a candle for myself today. I figure if it works for others, perhaps it will work for me.

What the heck, right?

OW
I've had a 4 day candle lit to thank God your still here on this Earth and for a speedy recovery.
Be well young man :sunny: :sunny:

DAY BY DAY YOU WILL HEAL, also need time for your mind to heal as well, for your mind heals your body

Geez, I hope you mend quickly. I know about broken tail bones and being thrown by horses.(yeah, I might have been born in Jersey, but I always wanted to be a cowboy in Kansas!) If you need someone to talk to or help with anything, I'm not all that far away, maybe a couple of hours or so. I can always make it a kayak trip down the Ozark river and beyond! There are some beautiful places down in MTNP. I hope you can get back there soon.

Good grief, Wiz! I don't know how I missed this post until now! I sincerely hope you heal up quickly AND properly!

But I think it's time to tell the truth... You were trying to ski down the mountain on dirt again, weren't you?

Hmmm. you need to smoke off campus only. Health care; subject to interpretation... Perhaps if you get a pot prescription and need to cut it with pipe tobacco to make it more palatable, you could smoke closer.

(Or don't cut it. Who am I to say?)

kaitlyn3837":qf6s7azs said:
Good grief, Wiz! I don't know how I missed this post until now! I sincerely hope you heal up quickly AND properly!

But I think it's time to tell the truth... You were trying to ski down the mountain on dirt again, weren't you?
You caught me on the helmet cam again? Dammit! Yah, I guess rock surfing is a young person's sport....... :D

Fazby, my "organic health care consultant" is busy feeding my critters, drinking my beer, and swiping my debit card like there is no tomorrow.....

(But the brownies he delivered today more than....... wait, what was I saying?)

Wizard — I’m glad you’re on the mend and hope your recovery continues without interruption, if you’re looking for reading material may I suggest Annie Proulx, particularly her three collections of short stories. They’re all set in Wyoming and much of it is about ranching life. Annie doesn’t sugar coat anything. Her characters are as tough as the country they live in. Sometimes they’re very funny and other times they’re not. GWS.

Well, Thursday came and went. The therapist meeting started off well enough.....

"How is your pain today?"

"Well enough, I'm able to move about better, I'm feeling my left leg again and walking around the building at least once a day."

"Are you taking your medication?"

I smiled. "Probably not always on time, but when the discomfort dictates I do."

"OK, We're going to do some range of motion tests. Are you comfortable with that?"

"As long as I don't have to play Twister I'm down."

"Excuse me?"

"Yes Ma'am, I am comfortable with your tests" (Rolling eyes)

Leg lifting, pelvic rotations, turn left, right, look left, right, bend over, look up, etc.

"Any discomfort?"

"Yes, but I'm OK."

Then a shiny hammer came out. It struck my lower back like a ten pound sledge hammer, making me slightly nauseous.

"Does that hurt? Did you feel that?"

I turned around and slapped the therapist in the face, smiled and asked, "did you feel that.?"

I'm still here at the facility. My appointment with a counselor is scheduled for Monday. I suppose the consensus is I am not ready to be released. Go figure...... They should be grateful I didn't get my shot with the hammer......

OW

I wish you ALL THE BEST and hope your back home by mid next week at the latest. Just try and go SLOW once your home, pace yourself and by all means NO HORSEBACK RIDDING FOR A WHILE! Next time you do hold onto the reins :cheers:
You've been in my Prayers and I lit another candle tonight so by next week you'll be home for sure, these candles never failed me yet :king:

GET WELL SOON!!!

Yikes, Wiz.

That sucks. I'm sure you're anxious to be in the comfort of your own space, and with your critters to keep you company. At least none of them hit you with a hammer.

I'm able-bodied. If you need me to fly out there and physically lean on some of your tormentors, let me know. I'm not afraid to step on toes and poke some eyes on your behalf until you are well enough to do it yourself.

Thanks guys.....

Loren, I can poke fine. Apparently, after being assaulted by a physician, one should not 'return the favour'..... I was just caught off guard and my reaction was instinctive. My theory of human interaction is that violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.... I suppose I might be considered ethically skewed by my reaction to my health care physician.

LC, thanks for the candles and thoughts. If the general diagnosis holds true it may be quite some time before I am able to ride. As it is, feeling is returned to my left leg, but the right is still numb. Walking is like being on stilts, you throw the leg out and lean forward and thus walk. Faith is the order of the exercise. I do have a cane I have used occasionally, but only when there are drastic weather changes or I feel particularly whiney about my aches and pains on a particular day. I think it's by my front door.

AT HOME.

I just hope I don't have to suffer through another battery of PTSD tests... Hate that stuff...... Like playing a game of wits with psychs either dreaming of retirement or writing a paper.

If only I had taken my beating like a good boy I would be home now........ OK, whining over.

I thought you were joking... you hit the health care provider?!?! You just achieved something we have all wanted to do but never had the gumption to make happen

Thistleoak":t4giu2es said:
I thought you were joking... you hit the health care provider?!?!  You just achieved something we have all wanted to do but never had the gumption to make happen
Like I said, it was instinct. I was about to throw up from the pain from the hammer test, and just wanted to stop being hurt. I have been seen punching my legs to get them to work right, and notes get taken..... It's like I every move I make is being monitored....

Nice folks here, and I'm sure they have my best interests at heart. They are surely going to dive me insane though...

Hope I didn't offend you in any way with my comments, Bob.

Given the humor you have maintained throughout this ordeal, I underestimated the extent and severity of your injuries.u will keep you in my prayers, sir.