Getting released today, hopefully

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BriarBeagle":149ey92y said:
Hope I didn't offend you in any way with my comments, Bob.

Given the humor you have maintained throughout this ordeal, I underestimated the extent and severity of your injuries.u will keep you in my prayers, sir.
Nope, no offense taken at all! I wear my shadows where they're harder to see, but they follow me everywhere. Guess that means I'm traveling towards light. I guess something you said made me remember that. I guess I'm saying thanks for that!

I do tend to understate bad news, most likely because it rarely is as bad as it seems whilst in the thick of it. Maybe it's just shock. I dunno.

No worries! :D

Back in 1979 I was living in Georgia to receive the best care at the time for my fiancée. She was diagnosed with colon cancer and at that time Emory University & Hospital was the best in the country for advanced colon cancer. My fiancée needed surgery ASAP and their top surgeon took over the case.... to this day I still remember his name and will until the day I die! Dr. Angier Wills, he set up the surgery and the team of his choice, which I did some checking also and he chose only the best. On June 24th 1979 my fiancée was scheduled for surgery, we were both extremely nervous, we both just hugged for over an hour before her surgery. A terrific nurse and anesthesiologist knocked on the door where we were staying in the hospital and said " it's time for us to go to the OR ". We kissed goodbye and said " see you later ", we both cried like babies. She was and always will be " the love of my life , my soulmate " and she felt the same about me, we were also best friends. The surgery was suppose to last for tops I was told 2 to 2.5 hours. Well 4 hours passed and I was pacing for what seemed to be an eternity. I kept asking a staff member to please let me know what's going on, but still no word. Mind you at this time I had no family or friends at the hospital for support. After just over 6 hours the surgeon comes out and tells me with his right hand on my shoulder and said " I'm very sorry to have to tell you this but there was nothing WE could do for her " and just walked away from me. Well, I fell to my knees back at the room, did not know what to do next... the love of my life is gone. I had to call her parents first back on Long Island and tried to talk without having a nervous breakdown. We hung up because they both were inconsolable. Now I had to try and talk with my parents and explain the bad news. We were all grief stricken, I could no longer speak and just hung up the phone. Less then 20 minutes later a nurse comes into the room where I was and told me " it will be at least an hour or so before you can see your fiancée ". I said...excuse me, Dr Wills told me " I'm sorry there was nothing WE could do for her " and just walked away. Mind you, my fiancée was bleeding internally before the emergency surgery and we both knew the possibilities but never crossed our minds death. I still remember the nurse explaining to me..." the cancer has spread and is inoperable, therefore chemo and radiation treatments were to be discussed and now the only option. The Dr handled this situation totally inappropriately as he's done prior "! Well the first thing I had to do was call her parents and mine very quickly and explain how the Dr BOTCHED his explanation and the charge nurse was immediately writing him up for proper discipline. The nurse was warm and extremely apologetic. Now I had to gather myself quickly together and think, where is this so call doctor with no personality and totally lacking bedside manner. I went searching and asking other doctors and nurses. Well, I was finally told he's in the doctors lounge having lunch. You never saw someone run so fast. I quickly found the doctors lounge and stormed thru the doors. I was yelling profanities at him, telling his peers how he explained the outcome of the surgery he just preformed on my fiancée. The other 3 doctors sitting alongside him had that " oh my God look on their faces ". I said to Dr Wills...are you finished with lunch, he replied yes. I proceeded to tell him...stand up. So he did, and told him now take another shot at me! He said I'm very sorry, I should have explained what I meant and sat down with you. Please understand I was exhausted "!! All I said was " you were F--king exhausted and I took the biggest swing ever with my right arm and a closed fist and knocked that doctor out cold. Two of his peers applauded me and said " it's about time someone stood up to him "! Hospital security surrounded us like lightning and helped the doctor up. All the doctor said is " leave Mr Zinn be, I'm not pressing any charges ". All in all did I feel much better within my inner self afterwards.
OW, after reading what happened to you today I wanted to share an experience in my life similar to where I had to strike a healthcare provider. But, this doctor deserved more than a bitch slap! He never crossed my path again and the administrator of the hospital met with me and gave my fiancée a private room and a bed for me to sleep next to her and gave me meals also and was told " you will not be receiving any bills for this hospital stay or the surgery that was preformed nor any further treatments deemed necessary ". I never did see a bill, not even for the phone or TV. We were both treated like King and Queen. I guess the administrator thought we would file a lawsuit, my fiancée and I decided we needed no more stress or aggravation at the time.
We had exactly ten months together and everyday possible we spent it together. I lost my soulmate on March 24th 1980 at 6:13am. That day my life changed forever and I never loved another woman again.

TO THIS DAY I DO NOT TRUST DOCTORS

OW

After all you've been through recently your thoughts are greatly appreciated, more than you know. Hope you sleep well :sleep:

GET WELL REAL SOON!!!

Tomorrow at 10:00h I get to emotionally dance with a mental health physician. So far, everyone here has been unusually hushed, and though I was seen outside smoking a cob full of 40th anniversary by the caravan of first church baptists returning from services, there was no lecture.

Curious...... :suspect:

OW":k0tjd49z said:
Tomorrow at 10:00h I get to emotionally dance with a mental health physician.
So now your " healthcare providers believe your fall caused mental health issues.... :scratch: :scratch: Just tell them you were that way prior to your fall.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Please post the outcome after you meet with your doctors. Wish you ALL the best.

KEEP ENJOYING YOUR PIPE!!!

OW
Dear OW, My husband was sharing some of your posts. I am so very sorry that you have been injured. I hope that you continue to grow strong and that your pain remits to tolerable levels.
Sincerely,
Luci

Well, I did have a bad concussion when I was brought into the hospital. Whether or not it knocked any sense into me remains to be seen, I suppose.

Now that made me laugh Wiz, though I must say that I too thought you were joking at first. Well, I bet it wasn't the first time she's been on the receiving end and I doubt it'll be her last. Like you said, it's a human, perhaps animalistic response to being hurt.

My thoughts are with you Bob. Your injuries have made for troubling reading.

Take care of yourself fella.

Well, it seems no matter how hard I try, things tend to work out. That was only one of the many occasions on which I met my death, an experience which I don't hesitate strongly to recommend.

WAIT.....WAIT......WAIT....So, is Bub....Luci  :scratch:  :scratch:  :scratch:

OR was Bub's BoB account hacked by Luci???

I MUST HAVE A CONCUSSION!!!

Bub":7dkgmjrw said:
OW
Dear OW, My husband was sharing some of your posts.  I am so very sorry that you have been injured.  I hope that you continue to grow strong and that your pain remits to tolerable levels.  
Sincerely,
Luci
Thank you ma'am. I'm sure I will get on with life as soon as possible.....

Ozark Wizard":s1o968gu said:
Tomorrow at 10:00h I get to emotionally dance with a mental health physician. So far, everyone here has been unusually hushed, and though I was seen outside smoking a cob full of 40th anniversary by the caravan of first church baptists returning from services, there was no lecture.

Curious...... :suspect:
Ozzie, I can only suspect that your "mental health physician" is compensated largely on the basis of how many patients to which he can subscribe prescription meds, which are addictive and debilitating in nature. Or at the extreme end of the spectrum, being involuntarily committed to a "long-term rehabilitation facility" (doctor-speak for insane asylum).

And while that's the cynical view of this ol' bassard, I'm quite sure you're fully aware of the dance you're about to make. And I'm also quite sure you're more than a match for any of their devious ways.

So you're in the realm of the First Church Baptists. Snake handlers, are they? Makes me queasy just thinking about it.

Get thee outta there asap brother! As soon as you're truly able, on your terms, and abilities.

Cheers,

RR

Geez Oz, you've had some trials and tribulations lately, can fully understand your response to being treated like that too, a bit of a warning prior might serve her well in future.

Mend up mate. 

Cheers

Tim

WAIT.....WAIT......WAIT....So, is Bub....Luci

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NIMgEEASoWQ" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Bub, brings back memories...even if you are Luci...lol Or a man named Lucy....as long as your a happy person then it makes no difference what your gender is!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote, thanks for your kind words and thoughts.
I am trying to think of ways to save what reputation I have.
Tonight I cooked dinner and did the dishes and Luci is ordering stuff on the computer.
But she is the one with a big heart.
I know that we both hope that OZ gets back to normal as fast as possible.
Bub and Luci

FREEDOMMMM!!!!!!!!

And a merry little dance it was this morning. From Freud, to Skinner, around with Jung, sashay past Jamison straight into a waltz with Bandura and his social cognitive theories of personality.

I assured the doctor I was not going to play Bobo dolls with him......

It was a wonderful 2 hour session that went into overtime. It was nice to speak with someone that seemed reasonably intelligent and was less than willing to divulge his purpose or conceptions of what our meeting was to become, or what the results of the meeting were to be. It was so cool to work around his walls and eventually get my ticket to go home. Truly a wonderful time....... We even talked about meeting again in a more social setting and just yapping in the future. The whole thing was like having a favourite meal, and then having the best bowel movement later. Just lovely!

So. I am home. I have my critters, my leaf, my pipes, fresh clothes, rabbit in the oven, and getting ready for a Farscape marathon.....

Life is once again grand in the Shire...........