GLP Haddo's Delight FLAKE

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ireland

Reaction score
I love me some Haddo's. I love the flavor. I love the aroma. I love the mouthfeel and I love how well it ages.

Are there any other Haddo's groupies out there that have wondered what this blend would be like as "Haddo's Delight Flake"? Or even "Haddo's Plug"?

The same blend, the same "exclusive process" top note, just pressed and sliced.

Is it possible, Greg? Or am I just crazy?

s.ireland":gnkmppew said:
I love me some Haddo's. I love the flavor. I love the aroma. I love the mouthfeel and I love how well it ages.

Are there any other Haddo's groupies out there that have wondered what this blend would be like as "Haddo's Delight Flake"? Or even "Haddo's Plug"?

The same blend, the same "exclusive process" top note, just pressed and sliced.

Is it possible, Greg? Or am I just crazy?
Possible? Yes, it would be. Sort of. It would certainly be different, for the same reasons that JackKnife's two forms, the plug and the ready-rubbed, are as different as they are. I may just have to do a little exploring, here. My biggest concern would be driving the retailers crazy. Then again, if it stimulates more sales, it's probably a problem they could live with. So could I...

I'll play with the idea.

Not that's an idea.............something I never though of in that form. Let us know if it becomes promising Greg. :sunny:

glpease":vjrsef68 said:
Possible? Yes, it would be. Sort of. It would certainly be different, for the same reasons that JackKnife's two forms, the plug and the ready-rubbed, are as different as they are. I may just have to do a little exploring, here. My biggest concern would be driving the retailers crazy. Then again, if it stimulates more sales, it's probably a problem they could live with. So could I...

I'll play with the idea.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Awesome! I realize it would be a different beast in the end but when I close my eyes and imagine what it would be like... Ohh man! Delectable.

Please let us know the outcome of any and all experiments, Greg. I for one am already excited.

As far as retailers, I think it would be a strong seller. Flakes and Plugs are totally "in" right now ;)

OOOHHH! Now that is exciting! I will take 30 or so tins to start with!lol!

Haddo's is the closest there is to a "desert island" blend for me. Well, that or Fillmore. But yeah, Haddo's - I love it...I would probably eat it if I could. 8)

So, if the illustrious Mr. Pease ever puts out a Haddo's flake or plug, I'd be a buyer for sure.

I was rather recently introduced to Haddo's, & the initial joy & novelty still haven't worn off. Its stout, flavorful, & has enough complexity to continue revealing more of itself over time without being overbearing or pretentious. I would be thrilled if I could get it in a flake.
:cheers: Great idea! :cheers:

Haddo's Delight Flake: BoB Special Release?

Hell, I'd buy a bunch of it! :twisted:

The interest here in a project like this is certainly encouraging. There are some technical issues which might get in the way of doing precisely a Haddo's based flake or plug, but they're not insurmountable. I'll work on the right formulation to get the end result where I'd expect it to be, and see how it goes.

So, yes. I'll work on it. It's an exciting project!

You Perique guys and your...blasted Perique... *shake fist* :lol:

...actually, it's a cool idea. I love flake and plug form, and I wish there were more options for it out there. 8)

glpease":dqkp1msg said:
The interest here in a project like this is certainly encouraging. There are some technical issues which might get in the way of doing precisely a Haddo's based flake or plug, but they're not insurmountable. I'll work on the right formulation to get the end result where I'd expect it to be, and see how it goes.

So, yes. I'll work on it. It's an exciting project!
Exciting indeed! Let us know if you need any taste-testers... :cheers: