GLP Haddo's Delight FLAKE

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody starts hyping a blend. Others join in. Pretty soon, 50 people decide they'd better go long on it since it seems like it must be that good.

For one recent example, that's the story of the last two years with FVF. Often sells out within hours of arrival @ retailers. Some even limit quantities because there are ass clowns who'll snatch the whole shipment up & then brag about it.

Same supply glitch happened when we started bandwagoning Embarcadero a while ago.

The hype (legitimately deserved) feeds on itself and avalanches --> Sold Out until the next batch can be made & shipped.

While people b*tch & gripe about spotty supplies of it.

The pipe pond is small enough that people can create unusual waves in it.

:face:

It's been going on for a whole lot longer than two years. I don't know, but it would be interesting to know what the import levels of those items this happens to have been over the past 10 years. I think less is being received now that 'back when'...which just adds to the thing.

Be that as it may, if we followed YAK's 'plan' we'd have to close down certain sections of about 6 Pipe Forums...mum's the word...can't chat up tobacco blends cause it will cause a run! No fun there, I'm thinking.

I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to press Haddo's into a crumble cake like c&d's hermit's honor blend. Perhaps that simple an approach wouldn't yield a product different and exciting enough to be market worthy.

The forum tobacco reviews and demand on tobaccos keeps the doors open on many businesses. High demand is a good thing.

Last I heard when Mr. Pease was trying to make a flake from Haddos he couldn't because the tobaccos wouldn't adhere. I suggested an HO Cumberland flake instead; he wrote back enthusiastically about that prospect, minus the HO.