GLP Sixpence NEW

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glpease":siqjf3mz said:
As for Sixpence's details, all will be revealed in the next couple weeks, but for now, rest assured that it's all New World tobaccos.
Hopefully in time for those Secret Santa orders to the eTailers. :sunny:

glpease":l9t6wg7r said:
NO PUMPKIN! NO! NEVER! GAK! I love pumpkin pie, and I love pumpkin cream sauce over nice ravioli, but I can't even imagine it in a pipe tobacco that I would consider smoking. *shudder* And, no ketchup. Not me.
I don't find myself reaching for an aromatic very often and generally can't stand the pumpkin craze that happens in the fall...BUT, I have to admit, I had the privilege of smoking a blend that caught me by surprise. Straus Tobacconist had a seasonal blend called Sleepy Hollow that was just plain delicious. Pumpkin-y, cinnamon-y, spicy goodness! The only bad part is, it's done for this year and due to some interesting publicity via some YouTube folks, who knows if it will be back next year. If anyone is curious to try a sample, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Simple Man":cwa4avvf said:
Sutliff Pumpkin Spice is also good. It's not overdone at all. Very nice aromatic.
I like that one, too. I was a taste tester for it, and even though I don't like pumpkin, I liked this blend.

So this is NOT a latakia blend? I sincerely hope so!

Make no mistake, I do smoke latakias but I'm 95% into VA's and VaPers and would love to try a GL Peace product.

Looking forward to the no-pumpkin, no latakia blend.

Monbla is like that crazy uncle that comes over for Sunday dinner every so often. You never know what he's gonna say, he's probably lost his hat for the fiftieth time, his stodginess is only eclipsed by his stubbornness, he tells that same story even if the characters all switch places, and no, it probably wouldn't be the same without him.

Sweet Jesus, I think I just described myself, too. :albino:

Meanwhile, Pease is coaxing me to smoke something with Perique in it. The silver-tongued devil. :heart:

Thank goodness it isn't entirely true...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/tampax.asp

8)

I miss my crazy Uncles and aspire to be one too.

I'll have to try Sixpence when I can order some and thanks for the info on pumpkin blends. I like a few Sutliff blends, 1849 is in heavy rotation, so I'll give that one a try. I really love pumpkin.  8)

And as always thanks for the chuckles gang. :lol:

The news of the new blend is welcome bliss to my ears!!!! Seeing the "Dark Lord" posting again on this site is even better!!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Just checked back for an update. Not yet brothers. Still eagerly waiting.

juanmedusa":9kz0a057 said:
Just checked back for an update. Not yet brothers. Still eagerly waiting.
Best way of knowing when it's in stock would be through an email from Smokingpipes.com. They'll most likely have it first since they're tied to C&D.

I'm excited to try Sixpence. I have a baccy order to make but am waiting to include this in my order.

I just updated my page. Yes, Sixpence is finally shipping! I can breathe, now...and sleep.

sixpence600a.jpg

glpease":uk1pq5d8 said:
I just updated my page. Yes, Sixpence is finally shipping! I can breathe, now...and sleep.

sixpence600a.jpg
Not sure about the 'delicately kissed with special spirit,' but the actual tobacco blend sounds more than interesting enough to give it a try when it launches.

"And in Old London Town, rejoicing is heard in the streets. For a ship has just arrived from the colonies. Heavily laden with the Devils Weed."

My interest is high with this news. Will have to grab some. Sounds like a new GLP gem to me. The pipe shall decide.