Have things just gone too far?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread....sort of.

Never was much of a potato chip guy, even though I favor salty foods over sweets.

Only potato chip that ever held any interest for me were the salt & vinegar ones. Liked them just fine.

Alas, I cannot partake of these anymore due to hypertension.  

Oh, and the Chicken and Waffle ones wouldn't interest me anyways. So I got that going for me!

:joker: 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":cndhthc4 said:

Never was much of a potato chip guy, even though I favor salty foods over sweets.

Only potato chip that ever held any interest for me were the salt & vinegar ones. Liked them just fine.

Oh, and the Chicken and Waffle ones wouldn't interest me anyways. So I got that going for me!

Cheers,

RR
Sorry to hear about your Hypertension BD, don't know much about it. Is it the salt that affects it?

I myself am Hyperactive, caused by a number of things that all have different names nowadays, most initials. LOL!

JKenP":a2k6pass said:
ftrplt":a2k6pass said:
Had good ol' rattlermeat in USAF survival school. Little salt and pepper, roasted over a mesquite fire, damned tasty!!!!!:D FTRPLT
Salt? :affraid: 
Pepper? :affraid: 
Cooked? :affraid: 

Survival Dilettante
Hey!!! We in the USAF had a few pleasures even in survival school!!! The GB's and SEALS can eat'em raw if they wish!!!:cheers: FTRPLT

The artificial flavoring is most irrelevant.. it's not like bbq flavored is any less artificial..

The true killer hiding in our food is high fructose corn syrup.. not the flavorings.

Who knew there where so many hippies on this board! :p :twisted: 

MSG is just like Cyprian latakia lads - wave of the future! If a little's good then more should be better, eh? :roll: 

tqvsgvE.jpg

kfVgGzT.jpg

b5YVZDc.jpg

We have a restaurant (I use that term loosely) here in College Station, Texas that specializes in Southern fried bacon.  They bread it, fry it bacon grease and then serve it with a side of bacon gravy.  The owner tells me he sells all he can make.  Hardening arteries in deed. :)

Having actually had chicken 'n waffles, I can say it's pretty good. Those chips however are just disgusting sounding. No thank you.

puros_bran":w5yx72ax said:
The artificial flavoring is most irrelevant..  it's not like bbq flavored is any less artificial..

The true killer hiding in our food is high fructose corn syrup.. not the flavorings.
Yep. The stabilizers, artificial binders and other crap, mixed with that...

...I'd still eat a snake out of the bush any day.

No commenting, PeeB. No. :no: :lol:

8)

Kyle Weiss":5cl75yz1 said:
puros_bran":5cl75yz1 said:
The artificial flavoring is most irrelevant..  it's not like bbq flavored is any less artificial..

Yep.   The stabilizers, artificial binders and other crap, mixed with that...  

...I'd still eat a snake out of the bush any day.    

No commenting, PeeB.   No.   :no: :lol:

8)
And you just broke the teenaged boy that lives in my head. :lol!: 

I gotta leave the door wiiiiiiiiide open for PeeB or he won't bother. Keeps him entertained. :p

Nothing will ever top you slipping that pink stick in my box before I knew what you were up to... Just a shame it was so small.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9CdVTCDdEwI" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cartaphilus":5mc19k5i said:
Brewdude":5mc19k5i said:

Cheers,

RR
Sorry to hear about your Hypertension BD, don't know much about it. Is it the salt that affects it?

I myself am Hyperactive, caused by a number of things that all have different names nowadays, most initials. LOL!
Yes. Need to avoid high sodium foods. And potato chips are all stupid in the sodium content.

It's pretty easy to avoid chips. My downfall is hot sauce. They all contain mucho sodium!

:evil: 

Cheers,

RR

puros_bran":e10sc588 said:
Nothing will ever top you slipping that pink stick in my box before I knew what you were up to...  Just a shame it was so small.
There is nothing worse than a small pink stick. Well, except not knowing what to do with it.

I'm with you! I like the big long ones that hang out of both sides of your hand. Especially if the can last all night without needing to recharge.