Help!!! I dropped it?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sand18f

Reaction score
I dropped a quart mason jar packed with C&D Bayou Morning...it was horrible...the beautiful jar...carefully packed full of C&D Bayou Morning...the stone, angry hearth...frozen time...the sound...oh my...ooooonnnnoooo.

I carefully picked up the remains...removed the big shards and slivers.

Any suggestions on what to do next? It has tiny glass specks in it.

I do hate to trash it.

Suggestions anyone.

sand18f":kglwska8 said:
the stone, angry hearth...frozen time...the sound...oh my...ooooonnnnoooo.
That's a tough one...
I hate throwing perfectly good stuff out myself, but I'm tempted to think that if it was anything but tobacco it would be an easy call, I mean, glass and inhalation is just not a good scenario. Are we lunatics for not seeing that there is only one, albeit difficult, choice to make here?
Hmm :scratch:

I think that the reasonable answer, after getting your emotional disappointment out of the way, is that it's reasonably cheap and readily available. Toss it.

If my ex wife smoked a pipe,,,uhhh,,,,nevermind,,,,

I wouldn't take a chance,,,toss it

Does anyone know the melting temperature of glass? I don't know, but if tobacco burns at a notably lower temperature than glass, and one was careful in the packing, would they not just be inert bits of silicone that would get dumped with the dottle.

Just a guess, and I'm not offering my lungs to test this theory.

Natch

Don't throw it out, mail it to me. I'll take one for the team and see how it smokes. This is bound to happen to one of us again eventually... :lol:

Dutch":ld2xedde said:
Don't throw it out, mail it to me. I'll take one for the team and see how it smokes. This is bound to happen to one of us again eventually... :lol:
And if not him, me. (not trying to snake you. send it to this guy. he got here first)

You aren't going to make glass go molten and release anything by smoking it. The dust and bacterial junk on the floor would worry me more than the glass.

Zeno Marx":y5m22md9 said:
Dutch":y5m22md9 said:
And if not him, me. (not trying to snake you. send it to this guy. he got here first)

You aren't going to make glass go molten and release anything by smoking it. The dust and bacterial junk on the floor would worry me more than the glass.
I work with a guy who no matter what the subject, he can answer any question with a 45 minute answer. I'll ask him about smoking broken mason jars tomorrow morning, and I should know everything there is to know by quitting time. :lol:

Dutch":fdaykmdu said:
Zeno Marx":fdaykmdu said:
Dutch":fdaykmdu said:

I work with a guy who no matter what the subject, he can answer any question with a 45 minute answer. I'll ask him about smoking broken mason jars tomorrow morning, and I should know everything there is to know by quitting time. :lol:
You have got a deal. We live so close, that we might do a dead letter drop. 8)
Sounds like this is one of the NASA guys that you're talking about...just guessing. :study:

I wouldn't worry about melting the tiny bits of glass, I'd worry about sucking them through and inhaling them. Ground glass can do terrible things to your insides, don't need a chemist to tell you that much.

How much is another (X)pound of that tobacco, and how much is even a simple doctors office visit?

Just sayin.

Send it to someone else to potentially suck into their lungs?....... Look up the word 'Liable' in the dictionary.

some hard puffers around here. can't imagine creating the necessary draft to inhale the actual chards.

sand18f":a84u05gp said:
Dutch":a84u05gp said:
Zeno Marx":a84u05gp said:
Dutch":a84u05gp said:

You have got a deal. We live so close, that we might do a dead letter drop. 8)
Sounds like this is one of the NASA guys that you're talking about...just guessing. :study:
Well, he says he welded flight hardware for NASA years ago, but he had to resign because it was much too stressful... :lol:

Gentlemen, I really never had any intention of smoking this stuff. It's been thrown into the trash.

Thanx for your concerns.

Bill