Hitting the 100 lbs. Milestone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed an order tonight that put me
past my last goal - 100 kilos.
Currently, I'm sittin' on 224 pounds.
That oughtta do it unless I'm still smokin'
more than ten pounds a year when I hit 80. :lol:

Hermit":9bglpfoi said:
I placed an order tonight that put me
past my last goal - 100 kilos.
Currently, I'm sittin' on 224 pounds.
That oughtta do it unless I'm still smokin'
more than ten pounds a year when I hit 80. :lol:
A hearty congrats!

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a tin of Balkan Sobranie today...

Seriouly though I'm a young sprout with many years of puffing ahead. How do I get written into your wills?

Doc Manhattan":s6lyoz6h said:
Young pipemen, take note, that's the way to go about building a deep cellar--with thought and method, following taste buds and not trends.
Kap, I salute you and your careful palate--here's hoping there's always more than enough in your cellar.
Totally agree!! Well put!

I know whats next...you invite all the members of BoB to your house and we will smoke about half of what you have that way you can continue buying tobacco...just a thought?

Man, first kudos to you Kap, but there seem to be so many on this board who have been deep-cellaring. How much physical space does a 100bs cellar take up? Someone mentioned that they reached 100 kilos. I can't even imagine the storage room you need for that kind of inventory.

I on the other hand, buy as I can, one tin at a time. My wife is funny, she always says, "Don't you already have enough tobacco." I just sigh, nod, and continue to buy "as needed." LOL

Quite impressive.

I look at my meager cellar and I think that I need to investigate a possible TAD attack in the near future.

I'm busy defining my Top100 blends for the cellar. A blend in this status is then stocked in a one pound quantity if bulk or 5-10 tins. Some I've got are at higher levels - several pounds or maybe a few dozen tins, especially if I fear it's going out of production. Then there are several which I stocked up but then lost their status in the Top100, but which I will still puff up.

As part of this quest, I somehow ended up (so far) with over 800 blends, usually in 2 oz or 1 tin lots. Then there are some that I decided not to categorize in the 100 but still have multiples of tins.

If I get snowed in for several days, I might try to calculate how all these translate into specific poundage. I'm not aiming for any particular poundage target. However, I'm starting to get concerned since the majority of my 100 are Latakias, and I gather they might not age as well as the Virginias, and my puffing rate is only 6-9 lbs per year.

hp
les

Wow, I'm impressed. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to deep cellar if I continue living in HK. The space constraints, shipping costs, and need to keep shipments small to avoid a heft tobacco duty wouldn't allow it unless I struck it rich.

Congratulations Kap. I know from experience how good it feels to hit the 100lb mark. Right now Im one the verge of hitting 200lbs and I thought I would have stopped at 100.

Damn you guys that actually keep track and know what you have!!! :p I think I've been over the 100 mark for a few years now, but really have no idea, as there is a box here, and a few at the office, and several in the back of the filing cabinets, and several more among my backpacking stuff, etc. Every couple of months I get the notion to actually catalog/record all of it, but I always start with the 120 quart iglooador (old cigar storage) where I keep a lot of my older McClelland tins, and I also store several quarts of older Bourbon there as well, and those bottles keep getting in the way!

You know, it's very hard to look around a nice bottle of bourbon to see what's on the other side, and if you pick it up to look behind it, well, you know what happens then...

Natch

And the problem with that is?

But heck, I haven't even thought about kilos as opposed to lbs. That means I'm only at 36 or so, got to lay some more in. :)

Congrats to all of you guys. I do consider it to be an investment against the future, as it's a smart bet tobacco is going to become more expensive and more restricted.

Alas, I have about 16 pounds right now. But I'm working on it!

I have a little bit north of 30 lbs. 100 lbs is the goal, but my rate of consumption has risen and my disposable income hasn't so it may take a lot longer than I thought!

Right now I have probably only a pound and a half of tobacco not smoked but in over 40years of smoking I KNOW I've SMOKED at least 100 pounds! :p Does that count ?

Hater":pv77a9qe said:
what does 100 lbs look like?

thumbnail.aspx

Not mine but I can dream, can't I?

I would think that at your age, you might dream of OTHER things :twisted: