How many bowls {pipe Tobacco} do you get to Enjoy per week?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natch":m1p3yrep said:
Between 12 & 15 per week. Usually two a day and perhaps an extra one on the weekend. But most weeks there is a rushed day or two and I miss a morning bowl. Don't know that my mouth could handle more. If I do 3 or 4 on a Saturday and again on Sunday, it becomes a bit sore for a day or two.

Natch
Ditto what Natch said

I depends on my work load. Sometimes I'm too busy to step outside and can go weeks without smoking. On nice lazy summer days I may smoke 5 or 6 bowls in one day. All I can say is in 2009 I smoked just about 6 lb of pipe tobacco. An average of 3 g per bowl yields a consumption of 17 bowls per week.

Wow! I've been averaging much less than that lately.

Wet Dottle":tpwnawg8 said:
I depends on my work load. Sometimes I'm too busy to step outside and can go weeks without smoking. On nice lazy summer days I may smoke 5 or 6 bowls in one day. All I can say is in 2009 I smoked just about 6 lb of pipe tobacco. An average of 3 g per bowl yields a consumption of 17 bowls per week.

Wow! I've been averaging much less than that lately.
As long as your happy with the work load and satisfied with the amount of weedage.

Bet it increases, Spring is around the corner. :)

Only about once a week, on average.

Geez, I feel like such a slacker.....

Warwick":x9sc4s6u said:
Only about once a week, on average.

Geez, I feel like such a slacker.....
My question was intended to generate answers that allow me to determine if I am over indulging. There isn't a contest, just wondered what other brothers are comfortable with.

Thanks for ALL the replies:
Ed

Until the past year or so, I would often go days or weeks without a pipe. Due to my fondness for virginias, smoking that infrequently was sometimes painful, my tongue and mouth sometimes took the worse of my occasional smokes. Now that I smoke at least one bowl a day, bite is much less of a factor and I find that smoking is a much more enjoyable experience.

Wow, you guys smoke way more than I do! In the winter, I'm lucky to have 1 bowl a week, if that. In the summer, perhaps 5 or so per week, give or take depending on the weather, my schedule, etc.

-Andrew

adauria":m0vgg9vu said:
Wow, you guys smoke way more than I do! In the winter, I'm lucky to have 1 bowl a week, if that. In the summer, perhaps 5 or so per week, give or take depending on the weather, my schedule, etc.

-Andrew
We need to report this guy to the authorities for neglecting his Pipes and Tobacco. :p :p
Ed

Usually one bowl each evening when I get home from work. I probably miss 1-2 nights per week, though. I plan to smoke much more when I retire, but that's 20+ years away. ha ha

adauria":jho7v3p3 said:

-Andrew
I'm in the same sorry boat. I've started resorting to partial smokes throughout the day. Unfortunately, with my 10-15 minute commute, I barely get it stoked up to full steam before I have to put it down again.

I try to get in at least 1 bowl a day, 2 on good days... so I guess probably 7-12 bowls a week.

Not as much as I'd like to. Usually 1-2 a day, always one on the ride home. 2-3 on weekends and now with the nicer weather probably a solid 2 a day. Between 14 to 18. I plan to incorporate a morning pipe into the equation at some point. Peace-Mike :cheers:

Well, maybe I am the over-indulgent one. I usually have a bowl in the morning, another in the afternoon, and another in the evening. If the evening streches out, that might be 2 before bed. That works out to 21-24 bowls a week. Perhaps I should listen to my dentist and cut back a bit, every time I see him he lectures me on the state of my palate...

Cheers!

Juan M. Villaveces

I average about 21 bowls a week. Sometimes a bit more if im off work and have time to smoke more =p.

Way to many.... but hey, who's counting? :lol: Sorry Ed, I really cant answer that.............

Depends: as few as 7, more like 15-20 on average. Working from home can double that :)