"How Many/What Tins Do You Have Open?" (Part ???)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Weiss":7kk1s5ne said:
BurleyLegal":7kk1s5ne said:
Is that a wasp nest in the corner?
:lol: Sure looks like it! :lol:

Must be a Lat-wasp. I hear those things are ruthless. 8)
Sure looks like a paper wasp nest to me.

And yes, those little critters are ruthless.......

Remind me to tell you of this one time when they made their nest in my wind chimes just outside my back door.......

:x

Cheers,

RR

BurleyLegal":trvtcvi1 said:
Is that a wasp nest in the corner?
Good eye, Burley!

Kyle has it right...Polistes Latakiatus Syrianan. :affraid:

You can't imagine how long it took me to train these vicious guard-wasps!

DJ

Hurley Waldrip":8ircyafd said:
You can't imagine how long it took me to train these vicious guard-wasps
...oh, I can indeed imagine. I had to first train them to never say the phrase "Mayflower Family" ever again, that ice cream socials weren't the best way to shun the lower-class people from the neighborhood, and showing a little wrist and ankle never hurt anyone's shame. Other than that, they're ruthless little buggers.

gotten worse.

GLP quiet nights

GLP Chelsea Mornging

WO Larsen Signature

Mac Mixture Flake

Mac Roll Cake

havent popped the 3 oaks yet....................but i know it's commin.

camo

I just popped a heap of tins...

... In order to transfer them to mason/bell jars. I could smell my tins a leaking. Tins of Sammy G Squadron Leader and Perfection were the culprits. As a result all square tins got popped as well as a couple of coin twist types.

I also popped a 6 year old tin of 7 Reserve. Oh, it smells so good! When I popped that tin, tobacco flew out!

Oh man. I received an old tin of Wessex Brigade Classic Virginia recently that I thought was from 03. Turns out its from '98!

Leaking tins: acceptable opening reason (if not just to smoke them... :lol: )

Discovering your bacca is from '98: priceless.

The one thing keeping me from breaking open any tins is the number of Patton mixtures I owe some buying at 4Noggins (hopefully soon). Bulk: natures way of making sure your tins don't become the target of curious boredom before their time... :p

8)

Yeah, that '98 is the next in line after I finish a few other "open" tins.

I dont smoke much and have too many open tins.

F&K Merde de Cheval
Vauen Espressotabak
McClelland Christmas cheer 2011
McClelland BB Tawny Flake
Capstan Gold

Three of these are soon empty, from there i will have only two open at a time.
I am in a weird position, try to smoke more often but never find time or need. The rare smoke makes it very enjoyable tho!

-Ole

"Working" through a pouch of IRC Slices. Great VaPer Flake. I am taking a cue from Monbla's advice to begginers: smoke one blend, out of one pipe. Learn it. I dont smoke as often, and this hasnt slowed my TAD, but I am trying different packing methods (frank method works the best with this one) and I am REALLY happy with the result. I am going to switch gears in a few days and go with an english blend (IRC's house Gourmet English blended by mcclellands? Nightcap? Squadron Leader, Balkan Saseini, Balkan Sobranie?) in my pete and a VA (blackade runner? union square? my go to IRC VA Flake?) in its pipe and switch from the slices to Haddos or escudo for a nice three pipe rotation. three tins will be open for a three pipe rotation, for sure, but which three, ill never know till i hear them pop.... then again, I have a tin of key largo burning a hole in my pocket. I do have a couple of cobs sitting around...