How much do you have cellared?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great thread and unbelievable stashes. I love it - my wife is horrified.

So what are we saving for - war with Korea, prohibition, radical price increases. Those pics are amazing. I have 5 - 2 oz plastic bags - so I guess I'm on my way to a pound. :oops:

woody":o7j8s04u said:
great thread and unbelievable stashes. I love it - my wife is horrified.

So what are we saving for - war with Korea, prohibition, radical price increases. Those pics are amazing. I have 5 - 2 oz plastic bags - so I guess I'm on my way to a pound. :oops:
You let your wife in on this???

You have to ask why???

War with Korea??? They don't produce tobacco.

:lol!:
Actually it's a disease, a highly contagious disease. Stick around here long and you'll have it too. :no:

midstream":kvmc3z6h said:
Somewhere around 400 pounds. Mostly Schurch Blends and proper English, for bulks, but have a little of most Latakias. Over a thousand tins, Dunhills, Exotique, Balkan Sobranie, Raven's Wing, mostly latakias, Dunhill light navy flake for my virginia fix.
Pictures, pictures, pictures - please!

A couple of years ago I took an inventory and the sum was 103#. By now I'm probably at 120 or 130#.

I have finished the other side and unpacked more boxes there is around 860 tins and jars and i just sold off 15 tins of dunhill 965 nightcap and emp so I will be adding more from the profits of that sale bought a pipe and placed a order for some baccy.

Steve

Yes, Woody, a lb would be the next step in TAD. Think of a tobacco that you really like that has a VA base, buy in bulk, jar it, and wait for the magic of a full aging cycle, 5 yrs. Of course you may not want to age it all- maybe put back half of it.

Another way to say this is to buy two tins instead of one, one to smoke and one to age.

Currently at about 115 pounds, most is in the 3 to 5 year range. This is a retirement cellar, it'd be a lot easier to plan if I knew just how many years I've got left ;)

I've stashed about 50 tins ,,,a wide variety, some I'm afraid I won't care for down the road as my tastes are changing,,,

I've packed away about 5 pounds of bulk, all Virginias,,

Very piddlin compared to even the most modest of hoarders here, :oops:

I guess I'm in the thirty pound range. Adding more all the time. i would just like to find a tobacco store with quantities like some of you have!

My cellar comes in just short of the 40 lb. mark once I jar the 9 lb. bulk order I placed today. I have 200+ tins and the rest is bulk packed in mason jars.

Interesting topic. It's fun to see the different lengths pipesters go to to feel secure. :drool:

Approaching 40 lbs mostly tins, less than 10 lbs in bulk so far. Although I have smoked a pipe for almost 40 years, this cellaring thing is new to me, only got started in about 2006.

With the proposed new tax hike on top of the recent one I decided it's time to go ahead and add some bulks to my cellar. I purchased a 5 lb bag of MacBaren's VA #1 and a 5 lb bag of McClellands 2015 and got them "canned" this past weekend bringing my cellar to 40 pounds and 8 ounces. I'm heading over to Statesville this weekend so will add some more from JRs (if the wife hasn't cancelled the CC yet). Buy it while you can, guys, it's just going up from here until they ban it altogether :shock: .

Im just under 165. Have a order coming by weeks end 20 tins of different size and a couple lbs of bulk.

I've settled in at a nice level of 15 lbs. I'll buy more when I have a job!