How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stick":rtk9toux said:
I guess you wouldn't be liking this then Rande...!

You have that in one mate!

In fact we're poised for a winter storm which will arrive tomorrow through Fri, which is expected to bring up to 12" snow to my area! And if that isn't enough, there are moderately strong winds associated with this system - which combined with the snow on the trees will undoubtedly spell power outages.

Did I mention I hate this time of year?

:no:

No Cheers,

RR

Rande, sounds like freezing rain in the Willamette Valley too. I won't miss that.......

Snow predicted here too, though scant amounts compared to you. Well below freezing though, with a helping of wind chill.

I'm already packed for a hike through the forest tomorrow. There are some things I need that can be better found this time of year, and the extra clothing will be welcome.

Looks to me that you are enjoying an adventure, Stick!

Just Miserable! :fpalm:

Never thought I'd say it but, I'm waiting for summer to return.

Ozark Wizard":zgpsdmis said:
Looks to me that you are enjoying an adventure, Stick!
Somewhere in the Scottish Highlands, can't recall exactly where but looks like typical white out conditions. I do recall that the group I had were 'keen beans' and kept me on my toes all day!

Liking your Av update Wiz!

Well, the storm came in later than expected - to my area at least. The prediction was for up to 11" in the Cascade foothills and wind gusts up to 50 mph. That's a recipe for power outtages.

As it turned out we only had about 3" Thurs and the winds largely missed my area but clobbered other areas.

And when I went into the brewery this AM it was just a bit breezy and not snowing. But by 11AM there were blizzard/whiteout conditions! Left early and crept home at 20-25 mph. Barley made it up my hill - it was touch and go for a while as I lost traction many times, and I have an AWD small SUV.

In fact very nearly didn't make the last short/steep grade into my 'hood as the roads had neither been ploughed or sanded. I feel lucky to have gotten home and was thinking I might have to spend a night at the brewery!

Fortunately power is on here so don't have to start up the genny. And all total there must be 9" on the ground right now at 27F and still snowing! Did I mention I freaking HATE this time of year?!

:x

NO CHEERS,

RR

yikes, Rande! :affraid: Just plain cold here today and tomorrow (compared to other parts of the US, a high of 39 and a low in the mid-upper 20s might not be awful, but for this part of NC? too cold!!!)

Having to spend the night in the brewery...............

You make it sound like a bad thing....................

:lol!:

10 inches in my neighborhood but was in places today that had up to 16 inches

Northeast Ohio, smack in the Lake Erie snow belt.

4" at home, 10" at work (the two are only 12 miles apart and the terrain is flat between the two, if that tells you anything about the insane weather patterns we get until the lake freezes over).

High of 27 here.

Edit: Since I have a part of the house where pipe smoking is permitted (no cigars indoors), this is a great time of year to light up and watch the weather blow in.  Not so great if you're relegated outdoors to smoke, though.

Ozark Wizard":fyg3zk5q said:
Having to spend the night in the brewery...............

You make it sound like a bad thing....................

:lol!:
ja ja, alvays mit ta chokes!

Actually there's been occasions when camping out at the brewery is the only option. Have a folding cot which has been pressed into use in extreme circumstances. Always ready to trot it out, but never a first choice.

I'm just glad to be home...oh look, here's the local news/weather. Gotta run!

Cheers,

RR

Well the good news is that I managed to get into town today to do my grocery shopping as the main road in my subdivision had been ploughed down to bare pavement. Getting out to it was a little exciting though, as my cul-de-sac still had about 9" rutted snow and the adjoining roads were like driving on ice. But hey, I grew up driving in snow back as a cheesehead so no problem! Heh!

No doubt the ski hills here are loving this, and the Summit at Snoqualmie sells our beer so it ain't all bad.........I guess!

:|

Cheers,

RR

Got a Seattle day here......

Cloudy, drizzle until late afternoon when it started to form drops. A balmy 42F, dropping to mid 20's by morning.

But I'm walking on Sunshine!! :cheers:

Was in the mid 70's today, like Springtime. Now it's dropped to 40's with wind chill and will be getting much lower tonite, in the 20's no less.
Well, at least we got a reprieve for a day and I made good use of it to. ;)

It reached 55 degrees here in NC today and tomorrow should be a high of 70, not bad for mid December :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Bitter cold here. Highs in the upper 20's, lows in the teens. Snow showers today, with some little accumulation expected Sunday into Monday. Should break into more or less "normal" seasonal temps early this coming week. Which means above freezing and rain.

My cul-de-sac is like an ice rink since the county doesn't plough it, and the friggin' garbage men won't enter into it under their Union contract. Even the mail delivery was suspended for a couple days. So much for "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds".

There, I feel better........

No Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":btnk0pzg said:
Bitter cold here. Highs in the upper 20's, lows in the teens. Snow showers today, with some little accumulation expected Sunday into Monday. Should break into more or less "normal" seasonal temps early this coming week. Which means above freezing and rain.

My cul-de-sac is like an ice rink since the county doesn't plough it, and the friggin' garbage men won't enter into it under their Union contract. Even the mail delivery was suspended for a couple days. So much for "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds".

There, I feel better........

No Cheers,

RR
Hey BD, I'm waiting for ya buddy, you can bunk in my shop, it's temperature controlled. ;)