How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stick":wecn1xq3 said:
Brewdude":wecn1xq3 said:
Ended up spending Mon night at the brewery since the internal streets in my 'hood were not ploughed and there's no place for me to park my car and walk to my house. Slept on a cot we keep for situations such as this, and it's not the first time.

Now home but had to get a ride since the streets are still not ploughed! And will have to get a ride back tomorrow morning.

My cul-de-sac is a mess. over 12" of rutted and crusty snow which is now turning to ice with the drop in temps. Rain forecast for the next few days so hopefully it will turn more to slush.

In fact there's heavy rain in the forecast for Wed evening so that could well mean serious flooding, and the brewery is a stone's throw away from the Snoqualmie River. Yikes!

No Cheers,

RR
Well, stroll on the summer Rande.  

First signs of spring in the 'shire.  Snowdrops are brightening the verges, the sun is above the skyline during my morning commute, and I've even seen some sun.  We're just lacking a bit of warmth.

It'll be your turn soon enough Rande.
Not soon enough mate. NOAA now says the heavy rain will be Wed night through Thurs, accompanied by moderately high winds. If that isn't a recipe for disaster I don't know what is....

One just has to wonder what the breaking point is, and I'm about reaching the end of my tether. And OK, it isn't here yet so why worry about what might be.....right?

So far this winter is on the books for one to remember, and not in a pleasant way. Frankly, retiring to southern Arizona looks more and more attractive to me every day.

No Cheers once again........

RR

Same here. Went from Hawaiian silk shirt and shorts to camo 'onesie' overnight...

Good times........ :lol:

Another beautiful day here in NC. It's sunny and 73 degrees outside. Going to enjoy another pipe on the front porch. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Ploughs came through late yesterday and now have access to my driveway. So back at home. Still much rutted and crusty snow in areas, including and especially on the internal streets in my 'hood. In fact there's only a one car wide strip in my cul-de-sac ploughed.

Snow piled up to 3' deep where the ploughs came through. Chunky stuff which is now frozen with the dropping temps. Wish I could take a pic and show you all. It's very impressive!

It's only been once since I've lived here in all 19 years that it's been this bad, and having lived in Wisconsin for 30-odd years this is all to familiar to me. And yet it shouldn't, if you see what I mean.

Weather says that the temps will warm and we can expect heavy rain tonite into Thurs. The winds have been downgraded (thankfully), but now the river flooding is something to be concerned with.

And yet the news now says the Cascade mountain passes will expect a heavy snow event tonight. And that will ultimately affect us here in the valley!

Retiring in southern AZ looks more and more attractive to me everyday!

:pale:

Cheers?

RR

Weather has been a little kinder to me. Warmer temps and rains have melted most of the snow and can now get my car into the garage!

Flooding hasn't been an issue locally, but other areas in the Pac NW aren't so fortunate. Thankfully this hasn't been a major flood event, although it could have been as all the conditions were in place.

Looking forward to some more stable weather patterns in the days ahead. Lord knows we need it!

Cheers,

RR

Edit to add that all folks in the New England area are now getting hit pretty hard with the adverse conditions. Be safe all of you!

:silent:

Well, here in NC today on February 12th it's a sunny 82 degrees. Time to sit out in the shade and enjoy another pipe:cheers::cheers::cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

What a contrast to a week ago at this time. Had sun and temps in the 40's today. Last few days have been showery but no snow, at least at my elevation. In fact the 12" of snow that fell last Sun/Mon is mostly gone now except for some of the mounds the ploughs created at the side of the road.

Sure hope this crap is now behind us and we can get into a more normal weather pattern for this time of year. This week looks pretty mild, with more sun tomorrow and showers/light rain predicted for later this week.

Cheers,

RR

Sunday it was a balmy 82 degrees and right now it's 28 and to darn cold to relax outside.  Serious pneumonia weather!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Brewdude":85ug2nlw said:
What a contrast to a week ago at this time. Had sun and temps in the 40's today. Last few days have been showery but no snow, at least at my elevation. In fact the 12" of snow that fell last Sun/Mon is mostly gone now except for some of the mounds the ploughs created at the side of the road.

Sure hope this crap is now behind us and we can get into a more normal weather pattern for this time of year. This week looks pretty mild, with more sun tomorrow and showers/light rain predicted for later this week.

Cheers,

RR
Sounds like you're out of the woods there Rande old bean. I think like you I'm eager to see the spring and feel the warmth of the sun again. It's been very overcast here in the 'shire over the last few months with probably only a few hours of sun. Not good for the soul, that.

Still, I sense a change is on the horizon. Snowdrops are out in force beckoning warmer temps and birds are getting restless. Our local blackbird has selected a song station in the oak in front of the house and gives me a heart warming lift as I step out to start my day. My boy and I stood and listened together this morning, 'it's good for your soul son!'

Ugh. Record breaking heat for a couple of days, now 38 and raining......

Reminds me of a Friday Harbour spring day alright.

Quite pleasant these past few days. Plenty of sunshine and moderate temps for the time of year. Upper 40's/low 50's daytime and upper 30's overnight. I can get used to that in mid-Feb! Looks showery for the rest of the week though.

I've also been following the hammering our brothers in the NE seaboard are getting, with 2' snowfalls and high winds. Sure hope Banjo and others in this region are OK. Looks like Boston through Maine are affected.

Cheers,

RR

T'was fine fine so far today, with temps in the lower 40's and sunbreaks. But am currently awaiting another snowmageddon event.

7" predicted overnight, and another 3" through Sunday. With a further couple inches Mon and Tue!

Without a doubt, this is the meanest Feb I've ever experienced here in the Pac NW. Might as well be back in Wiz-gon-sin!

:x

No Cheers at all..

RR

Not out of the woods yet. May get another 7" overnight as the convergence zone is upon us as I speak.... which is a meteorological condition that affects certain areas in the greater Puget Sound area. This time it's stretching down from Bellingham near the Canadian border through south of Tacoma. And the foothills are more impacted than those at sea level. Guess what area I'm in?

Really, this is getting a bit much......

:middlefinger:

NO Cheers.......

:x

RR

Tornados. Here.

ttyl

All Bomber Pilots!

Check your clocks! There may be a communications blackout from Beta Command.

Time of message 22.22 Zulu............

Hunker down and stay safe Ozzie. Get that storm cellar provisioned and ready.

I ended up getting at least 6" more snow yesterday. Hopefully it'll start melting in the next few days as rain is back in the forecast. At least I didn't lose power - there was a large section of the neighbourhood near me in the black as I crept into work this AM.

Cheers,

RR

Whew!

Enjoy your snow event! Sounds like a light one....

I realize that the shelter needs updated crackers and kippers.... But I did discover a small stash of tobaccos........ :cheers: