How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozark Wizard":91fu9r0u said:
Whew!

Enjoy your snow event! Sounds like a light one....

I realize that the shelter needs updated crackers and kippers.... But I did discover a small stash of tobaccos........ :cheers:
Crackers and Kippers you say? Love me some smoked Kippers on wholemeal crispbread. Pair that with your PebbleCastle, and I'm in like Flynn!!

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":eg6irxv1 said:
Ozark Wizard":eg6irxv1 said:
Whew!

Enjoy your snow event! Sounds like a light one....

I realize that the shelter needs updated crackers and kippers.... But I did discover a small stash of tobaccos........ :cheers:
Crackers and Kippers you say? Love me some smoked Kippers on wholemeal crispbread. Pair that with your PebbleCastle, and I'm in like Flynn!!

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR
Getting ready for another round of severe stuff to roll in around 03:00.

The crackers are Kavli rye crisps. Jarlsberg swiss and pepper havarti cheeses. Kippers, a few cream stouts, IPAs, and Cabernets . I'll have to make some more Pebble Castle though. The stash is all from last year. Escudo, ODF, Incestuous Blend, and a few choice ropes is about it.

:roll:

Can't sleep so I'm sitting on the front porch. It's 68 degrees and HUMIDITY @ 88%, hope it rains soon!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just sitting around here watching the snow come down. NOAA says less than an inch but I say 4-5" at this rate.

What a wonderful winter we're having here in the Pac NW. Great for the ski hills, must be a banner year, and we sell our beer up there.

Beyond that, I'm sick to death of this crap!

:x

NO CHEERS,

RR

Got another band of tornado watches tonight. So, watching Oz, The Great and Powerful on the hard drive player. Got my bug out bags in the shelter. Solar array is secured and online. I won't know if the power goes out until the neighbors show up....

And the hits just keep on comin'...........

Got 3" yesterday, and now snowing like anything once again. 6" on the ground right now and could be at least that much before I leave for work tomorrow. Oh how very wonderful!

:x :no:

Gemme the hell outta here.

RR

Can anyone guess what it's doing outside right now.............

...................go ahead, guess...............

.............................yup, it's snowing again to beat the band! Great big flakes coming down like gangbusters.

images

No Cheers,

RR

Looks like you got all of our snow this year, and we got all of Maui's. There is a slight chance of snow this weekend here, but just a trace.

Stay warm, Stay safe! Stay sane!:rendeer:

Tornados again....

BORING!!!

I'm hooking up a paddle to the mixer and getting the winds to make my semolina batter to make pasta. The folks next door are in the storm shelter now. With the whole family, (three generations), it's a bit crowded. I'm in my Hobbit house, and since I am without company, I opted for smoking inside as an exceptional time. Pebble Castle Special Reserve burning in that bent Sav from Kaitlyn, apple moonshine and listening to Tibetan Monk chants and bells. All the lights are off, enjoying the flash of lightning..... Just supped on rabbit, wild rice and volunteer asparagus. What a wondrous, wild night of solitude!! :cheers:

Yesterday was bright and sunny upper 40's, today is low 30's and snowing.

Jim

Well, something is afoot here! Light rain mixed with snow and have complete signal loss! Something wicked this way comes........

Cripes Ozzie, not sure how long an average Tornado lasts, but is this still the one from Friday giving you grief? From your description of the Hobbit Hole you almost made it sound cosy and a relaxing experience.You definately seemed to be taking it in your stride. Any damage topside?

A quintessential spring day here in the 'shire. Glorious sunshine with daffodil disciples all paying homage. I'm looking forward to being able to sit outside and truly soak up the sun's warmth. You know the sort of warmth that penetrates your very core. Not long now. ...

Wind storm Wednesday, gusts above 60MPH. Power has been out here since Wednesday. Thankfully have a Generac whole house emergency generator. Though I would prefer to not have to run it for as long as it has been. Temps in the teens, light snow. A week till Spring!

To all our brothers and sisters in the cross-hairs of the NorEaster currently bearing down upon you, I wish safety and refuge in this trying time. Check in when and if you can.

:shock:

No Cheers,

RR

The winds subsided, now still cleaning up debris. A rather large tree destroyed the satellite dish pole and all the hardware. Resorting to using Verizon 3G as a connectivity hub. Lots of wood debris, various trash that blew in. Today it snowed big flakes all day long, and is still snowing, but nothing sticking to the ground... Lows in the teens tonight with added wind chill...

With the rain prior and quickly falling temps my solar array is still locked down, so had to spend a few hours on the exercise bike with the generator hooked to it to top off the cells. Maddening peddling the equivalent of ten miles and getting nowhere! Jammed out to Danny Elfman and Oingo Boingo for inspiration....

The East coast is getting dumped on from the same storm. Those poor folks are really getting their butts handed to them!

Already March 15th and with Spring right around the corner it's 26 degrees here in NC. We had a much warmer February. Mother Nature's cycle is a bit off, must be that time of the month for her.... :scratch:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Brewdude":vqcqfzta said:
To all our brothers and sisters in the cross-hairs of the NorEaster currently bearing down upon you, I wish safety and refuge in this trying time. Check in when and if you can...
Thankee, me lad. But it's too late. The rest of you go on without me. Remember me every time you remember me, or something.

Seriously, I've been snowed in for a day and intend to remain that way for another 24 hours. The roads are almost passable, I understand. This storm reminds me of the old days, when storms were storms and men were men. Now men cower in their domiciles and eat wienies or whatever they can find in the recesses of the 'fridge, in my case hoping a strong woman, preferably blonde, comes along to sweep me up in her arms and rescue me. If you never hear from me again, it's because I've run off with her to Barbados.