How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't envy you your situation Richard. Looks pretty dire. Hopefully you can at least hang onto your power until the ploughs can do their job.

I feel your pain brother! :no:

Cheers,

RR

Finally got a break from a week+ of rain. Sunny/partly cloudy today with temps near 50 today. What a welcome break from the dismal weather. Snow level hovering at around 5000' so no concerns about that for the time being.

Hope all our members in New England are fairing better today.

Cheers,

RR

Wow.........

Lightning just hit my solar system and fried the main router buss. Also took a hit on the short wave antenna, fortunately didn't have anything hooked up to it. The cat is sleeping through this, but the dogs are cowering in a pile next to me on the couch. Tried the hard line from the power company but no joy there either. Had to get the ginny gassed up and running. Good times.

Made an attempt to get into town today, but found fish swimming in the county roads and the river washes blown over with muddy flows. Once the rain tapers off I'm going to do some dip netting for supper.....

Shields are down to 50%, but holding..... Time for a bowl of Marlin Flake!

Been raining in OKC like a "Sum Bitch" for the last 24 hrs. or so. Last nite the lightning never let up. Looked like I/we were in a room with constantly blinking lites!! Thunder banged for hours without a letup. If "April showers bring May flowers" is true; we're gonna' be up to our azzes in Indian Paint Brush by the end of the month!!!!! Ozzie, this stuff was sorta headed your way. Might be what got your solar system. :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":vmzvi31h said:
Last nite the lightning never let up. Looked like I/we were in a room with constantly blinking lites!! Thunder banged for hours without a letup. Might be what got your solar system. :cheers: FTRPLT
Yuppers, came right outta your end of the cosmos! :lol!:

Ozark Wizard":6oklr8rf said:
ftrplt":6oklr8rf said:
Last nite the lightning never let up. Looked like I/we were in a room with constantly blinking lites!! Thunder banged for hours without a letup. Might be what got your solar system. :cheers: FTRPLT
Yuppers, came right outta your end of the cosmos! :lol!:
I apologize for such rude behavior on the part of Mother Nature :lol: :lol: :cheers: FTRPLT

Got a little wild around here today....

Left the brewery around noon and it was raining so hard I had to have the windshield washers on high most of the way home. Once home the winds picked up and had to be at least 40+ mph. Lights flickered but didn't lose power. Fully expected to though. Lasted for like an hr or more. Very unusual this time of year.

Now calm and overcast. And we had plenty of sun and warmer temps in the 70's the past few days. Back into the 50's and rainy!

Cheers?

RR

Here we are its mid May and what's the weather here? Freaking snowing!!!! Yup we've got a good 6-8 inches on the ground and it's not letting up anytime soon. NWS is predicting upto 14" here. I'm going back to my warm bed and piles of blankets to wait it out. lol I probably wouldn't need the blankets if I shut the dadburn window and turned off the box fan. Ah yes ain't it great to be crazy?

Jim

I got a weather alert pushed to my phone regarding that winter weather advisory there... A friend in Utah complained it was 28 this morning. Here, it was 78 degrees by 8 AM, and humid. Got to 90 this afternoon, and storms are on the way.......

Hard on the gardens there, yes?

We're getting close to Famine, when does Pestilence come?

Take care, stay warm...

Snow in Wyoming, tornadoes all over tornado alley, monsoon rains in MO. Not good at all. Hunker down you folks.

And a day or two ago there was a rash of tornadoes in NW Wiz-gan-sin. Being an ex-pat Cheesehead I don't ever remember them occurring that far north in the state.

:evil:

No Cheers,

RR

Wiz. Only a few folks bother with a garden here until end of May or early June. Those that do use grow tunnels or greenhouses. Makes for a very short growing season for sure.

Jim

A friend of mine in Lake Geneva said the sirens went off, but his place was spared...

Huff, Short growing season is for sure!

Guess my garden is going to get rinsed out again. Big wall of red splotches headed this way on Doppler. Tornado warnings too.....

swell............. :suspect:

Picture postcard perfect day here in the Pac NW. Plenty of sun all day, and temps into the upper 70's. Got outside for a while and even washed the car for the first time in like months!

This weather pattern will continue into mid-week, with daytime temps getting to the 80's! Cool at night in the 50's. Perfect sleeping weather.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Rain, rain and more rain today. Flash floods stuck me at home, but the lightning was a great display. No power outages, leaks, other than the regular water weeping out of the flooring in the barns. Nice thing is I don't have to worry about fires from errant fireworks!

Well, was suppose to rain all day here but not a drop until after 8:00pm and stopped after 10 minutes. A great day :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Here in NC it's a bit hot for me to sit outside right now. It's 91 degrees and humidity is not bad at 56%. Looking forward to when the sun goes down. Me, when I was younger, I was a beach person. Now with all the meds I'm on the sun is a BIG NO!!
Will enjoy a few bowls out on the front porch after 8:00pm.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

We've had over 7" of rain in the past 48 hours here in Western MD. That's more than we had in all of June. My plants/bushes & grass are grateful.