How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got calls from a son and a daughter in Portland OR and heard they were drowning up there the last few days. The weather here? Think Lahaina, Maui, this time of year. Sunny, warm breezes, no chemtrails, frosty cold beverages at hand....

Sorry to hear the Pineapple Express is swamping the Northwest. Ducks and Beavers, living together, Seahawks wearing Gortex, total mayhem.....

The UK has had it pretty bad over the last few weeks with exceptionally high levels of rainfall. The Lake District has been hit especially hard with many towns completely flooded out. Come to think of it, I wonder if it will affect baccy production? Any way, big news here in Blighty and little sign of easing.

No tornadoes today :roll: but, the rain is rising, hope it clears Monday like they said and I can get back out to the shop and continue making sawdust. ;)

It's in the 60's here in State College, PA. Chance of thundershowers this afternoon too. While everyone is running around yipping about how happy this weather makes them I'm scrooging it up trying not to punch someone. I want some freaking snow! It's December for crying out loud! This weather is unnatural! I want my damn snow and cold weather already! Bah! Humbug!

Briarbabe":ed6afdhw said:
It's in the 60's here in State College, PA. Chance of thundershowers this afternoon too. While everyone is running around yipping about how happy this weather makes them I'm scrooging it up trying not to punch someone. I want some freaking snow! It's December for crying out loud! This weather is unnatural! I want my damn snow and cold weather already! Bah! Humbug!
It's set to be 16 degs C (61 degs F) here in Blighty by the end of the week. Ironic really as Obama signs up to new climate promise...

Humid, misty, very windy, and warm, but considering what others got from this front, it wasn't too bad! Hopefully the really foul weather will hold off until at least New Year's in the southeast....

Just arrived home to find about 2" snow in my 'hood. None on the valley floor where the brewery is though.

Looks like the Cascade passes are set to get up to 3' today. In fact I-90 going up to Snoqualmie pass is closed right now.

At least I still have power (for now anyways).

Cheers,

RR

Holy Moley, I-90 eastbound was literally a parking lot from exit 32 all the way east as far as the eye could see this afternoon due to all the snow over the Snoqualmie pass. Exit 32 is the one to North Bend, which is literally 32 miles east of Seattle. And one in which is just below the climb to the pass a few miles later.

Going home from the brewery traveled over local roads and when passing over the bridge on I-90 at exit 34 I saw literally hundreds of cars and trucks at a standstill. In fact the big rigs were pretty much lined up on the shoulder! Impressive!

North Bend downtown (and I use this term loosely), usually a quiet little backwater town was inundated with cars looking for lunch or perhaps overnight stops. It was like rush hour in Seattle!

Hope the I-90 eastbound gets open soon.

:shock: 

Cheers?

RR

Rande,

I marvel at the way snow causes such disruption in some parts of the world. Take England for example. 2 inches of snow brings the south to a complete standstill, whereas in Norway they positively thrive on 3 feet. I was fortunate enough to work in the Highlands for a while where a good dump of snow is pretty much guaranteed each winter. This really taught me how to drive in some testing conditions.

In other news...

Temperatures in north Devon set a new high last night as the warmest night in December on record... 57 degs F.

Mid 50s and sunny. Christmas is to herald lower 60s.

I am planning a Hawaiian Christmas Party, all religious denominations are invited, even Sith Lords!

Roasting a pig, (no, not a county Sherrif), a prime rib on the Barbi,(yah, she's that hot), making Baklava, fresh broccoli, peach pies and a pound cake, (though it actually probably weighs three and a half pounds when finished.) Kiwi, papaya, mango, all kinds of tropical fruits, (including Jim and John, moving at the pace of summer..)

The work van will be the projector screen for the movies after dark. The 7x12 white sided box works great! Playing will be......

The Nightmare before Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas(The original cartoon)
It's a Wonderful Life
And of course.....

A Charlie Brown Christmas

No llama pulled sleigh rides this year, but plenty of target practice available. Bring your weapon of choice and enough ammo and libations to make you a threat. Spare sheets are welcome for triage if required.....

MUAH!!

Ozark Wizard":g9iku527 said:
Mid 50s and sunny. Christmas is to herald lower 60s.

I am planning a Hawaiian Christmas Party, all religious denominations are invited, even Sith Lords!

Roasting a pig, (no, not a county Sherrif), a prime rib on the Barbi,(yah, she's that hot), making Baklava, fresh broccoli, peach pies and a pound cake, (though it actually probably weighs three and a half pounds when finished.) Kiwi, papaya, mango, all kinds of tropical fruits, (including Jim and John, moving at the pace of summer..)

The work van will be the projector screen for the movies after dark. The 7x12 white sided box works great! Playing will be......

The Nightmare before Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas(The original cartoon)
It's a Wonderful Life
And of course.....

A Charlie Brown Christmas

No llama pulled sleigh rides this year, but plenty of target practice available. Bring your weapon of choice and enough ammo and libations to make you a threat. Spare sheets are welcome for triage if required.....

MUAH!!

Oh, that I could be there for that Ozzy!

:alien:

Cheers,

RR

Been snowing to beat the band for a few hrs. Wet and heavy stuff. Got about 3" so far and looks like this may be a big dump. It'll be very interesting getting off my hill tomorrow AM!

Oh well, winter solstice and all. Looks like a white Christmas will be had this year!

Did I ever mention I freaking hate snow? Like with a passion!!

:x 

No Cheers,

RR

It was 45*F and dry. Changed the oil in my wife's car. Figured it was the last day I'd be able to do it for awhile.

68 degrees F here today. Got the pig dressed, the pineapple and other fruit delivered, picked up the Jasmine rice, etc... Plenty of Hawaiian music dropped on the drive for the music before the movies on Christmas eve....

A little pakalolo would make it a done deal....

Shorts and t-shirt weather. Johannesburg SA Christmas......

Lots of rain here today. So far a good start to season for certain parts of California. Lots of snow in the Sierras.

It was cool and wet for the entire 800 mile drive to New Orleans, where it is supposed to stay pretty much the same while I'm here. Still better than traveling in ice or snow!