How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":hgivk46n said:
Stick":hgivk46n said:
The first real spring sun today so sat in the back garden and experienced a strange thing... getting progressively warmer whilst being outside.  It's been an unusually long winter here in Blighty.  Only one thing to do at a time like this... yup, fired up a bowl of McC's 40th Anniversary.

Splendid.
Jolly nice bit of 'baccy there Squire, innit.....

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR
Nice day in west central Florida 75F partly cloudy with a slight breeze. Lanes TK6 in a bent no name Italian.

Happy puffin,
John

Weather report calls for flooding tonight, so went into town to grab a few things. Got to drive a gocart thing the store provided. Too slow to have fun though. Got there and back using the modified car with the hand controls. I'm getting the hang of it, but it's tough on dirt roads. I miss my truck.....

So, going to be surrounded by water in the morning! :cheers:

Ozark Wizard":8p0kel5l said:
Weather report calls for flooding tonight, so went into town to grab a few things. Got to drive a gocart thing the store provided. Too slow to have fun though. Got there and back using the modified car with the hand controls. I'm getting the hang of it, but it's tough on dirt roads. I miss my truck.....

Geez, stay safe Ozzie!

:shock:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":cw20ogc9 said:
Ozark Wizard":cw20ogc9 said:

Geez, stay safe Ozzie!

:shock:

Cheers,

RR
Safe and warm, dry, and well rested. It's about all I do these days. Watching the days roll by, endlessly pulling me into the future. I'm up in elevation, so I'll just have a Moat for a few days. Better to plan ahead for a few days of provisions, and it's getting close to the first of the month...

Just had the only thunderstorm in the lower 48. Awesome! Supposed to freeze tomorrow. Happy Easter! :cheers:

It rained a bit this morning so I couldn't finish up cutting the lawn. No big deal, I didn't want to do it anyway! Now I can feel the front moving through, it is getting colder already. By tomorrow the temp is supposed to be only in the 30's with a possibility of snow! I hope the bunnie's cotton tails won't freeze! Happy Easter all!

There forecasting 2-3 inches of snow this afternoon so if thing go the way they usually do by morning we should have 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow lol.

Jim

huffelpuff":b8iag29g said:
There forecasting 2-3 inches of snow this afternoon so if thing go the way they usually do by morning we should have 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow lol.

Jim
Criminy Jim, you just can't seem to catch a break!

:no:

Beautiful sunny day here in the Cascade foothills. Temps in the 50's.

My back yard needs it's annual raking to get rid of all the pine cones and small branches from the winter storms. I'll be using a local landscaper for this task, as it creates issues with my right shoulder with all the repetitive motion. Only a couple hr's work so not a huge expense.

Cheers,

RR

What a difference 24 hrs makes..........

Headed to bed Sun eve and saw that there was "lumpy rain" on my rear deck. That is, something that resembled small hail. I thought OK, interesting, and headed to bed. Imagine my surprise when I got up Mon morn to see 4"-5" of snow! :shock:

It had stopped by then and the roadways were passable, in a slick sort of way. No problem getting off my hill even though it hadn't been ploughed. Temps then were in the lower 30's but rose to the low 40's so it's already melting.

There always seems to be one more snowstorm lurking around Easter, and this year was no different. But one of my rhody's are blooming so Spring is officially on its way!

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR

4-5 inches of snow and it's not let up yet. Will have to see how long it lasts.

Jim

Snow on the way here. Everyone laughed at me for not planting last week. Ha ha!

A perfect early Spring day here. Sunny, warm temps in the upper 50's.

Could get a little breezy and rainy overnight. Typical blustery Pac NW weather, at least in my area.

Cheers,

RR

It started out nice and sunny with blue sky and warm (50's) temps. I got the old lawn mower out and cut the front yard, finally! By this evening, it was cooler and windy. Now it's down right cold. Snow is predicted along with cold temps in the 20's. Yikes! :affraid:

Okay, who's the Wise Guy?

86 degrees yesterday and sunny. Going to be freezing tonight after some severe weather storms. Maybe thunder snow. Tornado warnings already north of here.

My bones ache. This'll be a good time :drunken: The wind is blowing so much I thought I saw Toto fly by.

Brace yourself there Bob and baton the hatches. Keep your head down and stay safe.

Stick":5fp1yr74 said:
Brace yourself there Bob and baton the hatches. Keep your head down and stay safe.
Thanks! The crew came out and secured the solar array, closed up the barn vents, and dragged the garden starts into the greenhouse. Branson Missouri is about to get assaulted with a huge system, and the system is tracking right at me. I might have to call on the Ozark Plateau to break the storm up.

We are in a tornado watch, but nothing. It's just warm and windy, with a lot of clouds. The air does feel strange, but according to the weather radar, I don't think any severe weather will hit us until after midnight.