How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
77 degrees and sunny, here in north Floriduh. Sunday night supposed to drop to 46. Inside with a pipe is the place to be.
Be careful you guys in the midwest...bad weather coming your way.
Walt

Dodged a bullet last night here. Others to the south and east were not as lucky. Severe storms, high winds, and possible toradoes. I hope everyone is ok. Haven't heard from OzWiz yet. Hope he is ok, too.

Made it through fine, though an elderly couple across the hollar came by saying their house blew over, and spent the night. We looked at their place this morning and other than having the roof blown off and siding missing, their deck in the creek, the place is salvageable. Tarps going on and I'm looking over their electric panel, testing circuits. Power went out in the valley, but has been restored. Seems like I'll have company until the water crossings calm down and they can get to family in Springfield. It's cold and windy today.

Wiz,
Glad you are OK and the folks near you. Tornadoes scare the crap out of me.
Walt

Ozark Wizard":xxybsffl said:
Made it through fine, though an elderly couple across the hollar came by saying their house blew over, and spent the night. We looked at their place this morning and other than having the roof blown off and siding missing, their deck in the creek, the place is salvageable. Tarps going on and I'm looking over their electric panel, testing circuits. Power went out in the valley, but has been restored. Seems like I'll have company until the water crossings calm down and they can get to family in Springfield. It's cold and windy today.
Sounds pretty serious to me Ozzie. You dodged a bullet and they took it apparently!

Good on you for helping as only you can.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Whilst hand washing the silk Hawaiian shirt I wore two days ago, I looked out the window and see it's snowing. :suspect:

April 29, 3” of heavy snow on top of 1” of ice, Sleet falling at the rate of an inch per hour...Enitre area shut down.

Ozark Wizard":fbdn41cq said:
Whilst hand washing the silk Hawaiian shirt I wore two days ago, I looked out the window and see it's snowing. :suspect:
:lol!: The images thou doth conjure up!

Under cloudy skies with temperature at 81 degrees we’re expecting rain with thunderstorms this afternoon and heavier rain and more violent thunderstorms this evening. We’re under a Tornado Watch until 11PM tonight. The storms that hit Arkansas yesterday are coming our way. Lord protect us all. :)

AJ

Got the tail end of what AJ is getting now...heavy rain and thunderstorms with chance of tornadic winds...yes, Lord protect us all.
Walt

AJ":xjgkp91m said:
Under cloudy skies with temperature at 81 degrees we’re expecting rain with thunderstorms this afternoon and heavier rain and more violent thunderstorms this evening. We’re under a Tornado Watch until 11PM tonight. The storms that hit Arkansas yesterday are coming our way. Lord protect us all. :)

AJ
Take care, you and Walt both. It's a wicked front. My thoughts and prayers to you all.

Spring is in full swing here in the Pac NW. Sunny skies, temps in the mid-70's. Might get to 80 tomorrow!

The rhodies are blooming, the apple trees and cherry trees are in full bloom. Doesn't get any better than this. I'm loving it. Even washed the car!

Later this week though, temps will return to seasonal norms with showers. It was good while it lasted.

Cheers,

RR

Tallahassee, Fl. 78 degrees and cloudy. Great weather to smoke on the porch.
Walt

Thunder boomers! And this after a way great series of sunny and warm weather days. Always a concern. Lightning strikes can mean wildfires!

:shock:

Cheers?

RR

Picture perfect day in the Pac NW....

Crisp morning with clear skies. Bright sunny day with temps in the mid-70's. Opened up all the windows at home and am enjoying the gentle breeze.

No yard work to do, no Saturday brewery responsibilities for a change. So having a lazy day, puffing a few bowls, and doing some reading. Now listening to some tunes as type. Doesn't get much better than this!

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR

Dark, cloudy and rain falling...under a slow moving subtropical depression. All those with arthritis are suffering.
Got a whole week of it coming....just another day in Paradise.

Walt