How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to evacuate our home yesterday - along with (get this) a half a million other residents. Staying in a motel (very lucky) in Portland. A great number of outlying areas are GONE...burned to the ground. We were lucky to have left when we did. We were amid significant traffic but WAZE steered us around and through open roadways are we were able to make it to my Nephew’s place in North Portland and ultimately secured a motel room. Weren’t able to take much of anything. On the fire maps it looks like our place is OK so far...but a simple shift in the wind and we’re homeless! Pray for us.

Blackhorse":dw3cb3lo said:
Had to evacuate our home yesterday - along with (get this) a half a million other residents. Staying in a motel (very lucky) in Portland.  A great number of outlying areas are GONE...burned to the ground.  We were lucky to have left when we did.  We were amid significant traffic but WAZE steered us around and through open roadways are we were able to make it to my Nephew’s place in North Portland and ultimately secured a motel room.  Weren’t able to take much of anything.  On the fire maps it looks like our place is OK so far...but a simple shift in the wind and we’re homeless!  Pray for us.
Glad you and yours are safe Dave. Sounds apocalyptic! May you return to your unscathed home soon.

Cheers,

RR

Blackhorse":4arcnp4e said:
Had to evacuate our home yesterday - along with (get this) a half a million other residents. Staying in a motel (very lucky) in Portland.  A great number of outlying areas are GONE...burned to the ground.  We were lucky to have left when we did.  We were amid significant traffic but WAZE steered us around and through open roadways are we were able to make it to my Nephew’s place in North Portland and ultimately secured a motel room.  Weren’t able to take much of anything.  On the fire maps it looks like our place is OK so far...but a simple shift in the wind and we’re homeless!  Pray for us.
Yipe! I've been watching. I really didn't expect the order to evacuate.. I've got a candle lit for all y'all. Though you're probably not wanting more fire.

Best wishes for everyone out that way.

We got unexpected rain early and it's just been constant, but not torrential. I'm grateful.

Blackhorse":1kdmlj3v said:
Looks like we’re 4-5 days away from some light showers.  But the wind has really died down and the humidity has gone up.  Those two really help.
That's encouraging. Hope you can go home soon. I've been seeing vids of this and it looks scary beyond measure!

:no:

No Cheers,

RR

In NW Wyoming the days are at 80 and 30's at night. The smoke from the fires west of us is moving in again.

After ONE MILLION ACRES of Oregon burned...Evacuation orders eased in some parts of the county, including where we live.  Packing up tp go back home today.  Amazing stories of people helping people all around.  Air quality rated as the most hazardous in the world right now, but humidity has gone from 4% to 76% and winds from 35 mph to 4 mph.  That stops the fires from racing and jumping breaks.  So we should be OK.  Ocean air due to arrive tomorrow evening which will move most of the smoke eastward.  Sorry Idaho.

Edit Update: HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN, JIG A JIG JIG!

Can’t see two blocks down the street but we’re back home safe and sound...house and digs secure. The air inside the house is NOT smoky.

Blackhorse":d5n07z04 said:
After ONE MILLION ACRES of Oregon burned...Evacuation orders eased in some parts of the county, including where we live.  Packing up tp go back home today.  Amazing stories of people helping people all around.  Air quality rated as the most hazardous in the world right now, but humidity has gone from 4% to 76% and winds from 35 mph to 4 mph.  That stops the fires from racing and jumping breaks.  So we should be OK.  Ocean air due to arrive tomorrow evening which will move most of the smoke eastward.  Sorry Idaho.

Edit Update:  HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN, JIG A JIG JIG!

Can’t see two blocks down the street but we’re back home safe and sound...house and digs secure.  The air inside the house is NOT smoky.  
Good to read this! So, when you go outside remember to not inhale. Second hand smoke is deadly!

Slight uptick in daytime temps this week. Now in the mid-100's which is much more seasonable as compared to the 110+ we've been experiencing as of late.

However, nights have been down in the mid/upper 60's so it makes for a much more pleasant morning.

Cheers,

RR

Corncobcon":cp8gs7h8 said:
We had a little bit of rain during the night.  It's cool and damp this morning.  It's a welcome relief from the dry hot air we've had lately.
Getting that rain now. Brisk and damp!