I may be a Flake Guy!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love flakes too! My first was MacB Navy Flake and I got hooked immediately.
I always try to fold & stuff them if they’re not pressed to tight, that’s the way I like them best.

FVF has always been somewhat of a craps shoot, and has really been one in recent years. Batches of it really vary. It can be a utopian experience, or taste like a bad cigarette. The last 2.5 pounds I've gotten have been in the latter category.

The good news is, it just needs flipping AGE in a sealed container. If it doesn't initially impress with its depth, richness and mellowness, allow it two years in (unopened) tins, or more than that (to use the air up) in a jar -- resisting the temptation to open it to sample how it's developing (which is about like pulling a plant out of its pot to see how the roots are growing). (As with any Virginia, more is better where age is concerned). It WILL be a landmark experience -- the only question is when.

:face:

Yak":um9rs7ym said:
FVF has always been somewhat of a craps shoot, and has really been one in recent years. Batches of it really vary. It can be a utopian experience, or taste like a bad cigarette. The last 2.5 pounds I've gotten have been in the latter category.

The good news is, it just needs flipping AGE in a sealed container. If it doesn't initially impress with its depth, richness and mellowness, allow it two years in (unopened) tins, or more than that (to use the air up) in a jar -- resisting the temptation to open it to sample how it's developing (which is about like pulling a plant out of its pot to see how the roots are growing). (As with any Virginia, more is better where age is concerned). It WILL be a landmark experience -- the only question is when.

:face:
Many thanks Yak.. I shall sample my 8oz batch when it gets here and follow your directions. I think I will store most of it anyway or even buy more to store for a rainy day a few years down the road.. :cheers:

Well I got some email today.. Not good email..

Hello Mr. Rewalt,

We are currently out of stock on the SG Full VA Flake that you ordered and have been for about 6 months. It is on back order with the distributor and we have not received word as to when to expect the new shipment. Would you like to make another selection or have me cancel and refund for this order?

Ha. Hum Bug.. Oh well I will await the day when it is on site to order.. Thought I may have gotten lucky.. Until then I will try to figure out what Flake Blend will work instead.. Any help Piet ??? What should I order to fill my bowl with until SG FVF is easy to get again ?? Oh also did my email today to order a Pietenpauw... Will await a reply.. Going to start out slow with my first new pipe choice.. And smoke it slow when I get it.. Thanks Mudd.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck..

Chuck, I read on SF that SG have a "huge" shipment of bulk on its way to the US. So keep your eyes open! In the interim, I'd suggest you try a tin of GLP Union Square - it's excellent.

Muddler":wkudevy4 said:
Chuck, I read on SF that SG have a "huge" shipment of bulk on its way to the US. So keep your eyes open! In the interim, I'd suggest you try a tin of GLP Union Square - it's excellent.
Thanks Mudd.. Will go find and order a tin.. Oh Jean got back with me.. On the list.. Thanks so much for your help... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck..

I`ll chime in too! I`ve been smoking almost exclusively flakes since the summer began and I love it!! My current ones ar PS Bullseye, PS Luxury Twist, Solani 656, PS Navy Flake. Been enjoying them a lot over the last couple of weeks. 8)

MisterE":3v3cz70u said:
I`ll chime in too! I`ve been smoking almost exclusively flakes since the summer began and I love it!! My current ones ar PS Bullseye, PS Luxury Twist, Solani 656, PS Navy Flake. Been enjoying them a lot over the last couple of weeks. 8)
Falconer just sent me some Solani 656, first bout with it this morn, Bloody 'ell the stuff is great!!!!!!
It is up there with one of my corner stones: OJK
Solani is fantastic quality stuff indeed!!

Well MisterE & Piet... I have tried the gifted Navy Flake and its great.. I will put the Solani 656 on the first order list and give it a burn.. I am sure I will enjoy it.. Just got my Peoria Canadian Sitter in today and am heading out right now to burn some gifted Germain's Brown Flake which I really am enjoying also. I am in aw at all the great baccy's out there.. I have a long list of blends to try out but have my Suggested list and that makes up most of my first buy list.. Thanks again for the great feedback.. Wonderful place to share.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck
Picture of me last year just after a very long drive to visit my younger sister out in Colorado.. I think I has a bit of ice with the Vodka... :D

Nice one Chuck!!!!!!
Just to piss on your battery a little more, add Butera Kingfisher to your list.
It is just fantastic as I found out yesterday! Just added it to my next shopping list along with the Solani aged burley flake!
Kingfisher is a VAPER with burley. Crumble kake flake, loads easy burns fantastic!!!!

For Falconer's sins he has been instructed to buy up all he can lay his hands on!!
:cheers:

Piet Binsbergen":5wq6ijx6 said:
Nice one Chuck!!!!!!
Just to piss on your battery a little more, add Butera Kingfisher to your list.
It is just fantastic as I found out yesterday! Just added it to my next shopping list along with the Solani aged burley flake!
Kingfisher is a VAPER with burley. Crumble kake flake, loads easy burns fantastic!!!!

For Falconer's sins he has been instructed to buy up all he can lay his hands on!!
:cheers:
:lol!: Hey Piet.. I have it on my short list already.. I heard them crowing about it last night.. Looks like Falconer's doing his job well.. Not many places that have any left.. :lol!:
Those will be the first two on the list to try.. Thanks Piet.. I am fully charged now..

VE, hear this........
Falconer better find that stuff or he may end up missing certain vital body parts, get a brother hooked on the good SH*T and leave him high and dry!!!!!!!
What sort of dealer would that be?????? :lol!:

Piet Binsbergen":za5ejgac said:
VE, hear this........
Falconer better find that stuff or he may end up missing certain vital body parts, get a brother hooked on the good SH*T and leave him high and dry!!!!!!!
What sort of dealer would that be?????? :lol!:
Well Piet... Falconer has VISION... I think he predicted certain withdrawals might happen if someone ran out last night... :lol!:
I am going to be keeping my eyes pealed for the next few days.. This stuff must be good..
Until then this guy is also going to help me keep an eye out for ya Bro...

Brilliant, his name chuckkie............!!!!!!!!!
Does he drink Vodka and ice too??
:lol:

Piet Binsbergen":orx7ulz5 said:
Brilliant, his name chuckkie............!!!!!!!!!
Does he drink Vodka and ice too??
:lol:
Aye Piet he goes by chuckkie when he has had a few.. He will drink Vodka if its chilled well but he is a brew type lad on the whole. Ale and Malts keep him dancing and he is always asking me for baccy .. But he is my friend.. But his nick name is tipahfew... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck..

Piet Binsbergen":z9k2d7am said:
MisterE":z9k2d7am said:
Falconer just sent me some Solani 656, first bout with it this morn, Bloody 'ell the stuff is great!!!!!!
It is up there with one of my corner stones: OJK
Solani is fantastic quality stuff indeed!!
Yes it is! I want to get some Siver Flake on the next order too!! Do you know this one??

I started my AM with 2015 but will hve som 656 before the day`s done for sure....

velveteagle":p39hdxfb said:
Well MisterE & Piet... I have tried the gifted Navy Flake and its great.. I will put the Solani 656 on the first order list and give it a burn.. I am sure I will enjoy it.. Just got my Peoria Canadian Sitter in today and am heading out right now to burn some gifted Germain's Brown Flake which I really am enjoying also. I am in aw at all the great baccy's out there.. I have a long list of blends to try out but have my Suggested list and that makes up most of my first buy list.. Thanks again for the great feedback.. Wonderful place to share.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck
Picture of me last year just after a very long drive to visit my younger sister out in Colorado.. I think I has a bit of ice with the Vodka... :D

Niiiice! Wish I coulda been there to hang with u guys! Congrats on the Canadian- they are my "weapon of choice" too. ;)

peterson UF flake...............good

MacBaren Mixture flake.......good

like the flakes.

have some pease quiet night on the way to fully immerse myself.

gone to the dark side i fear. flake force strong it is.........strong flake way of jedi knight.

camoham

*camoham":ihir6q0h said:
peterson UF flake...............good

MacBaren Mixture flake.......good

like the flakes.

have some pease quiet night on the way to fully immerse myself.

gone to the dark side i fear. flake force strong it is.........strong flake way of jedi knight.

camoham
Thanks camoham.. Put it on the short list.. Light Saber in hand and ready to dance.. pease quiet night shall burn soon..
Chuck.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: