Quantcast

In the category of "best cheap whiskey," I nominate....

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Doc Manhattan

Reaction score
(I moved this thread down to the Speakeasy... for easy sippin'.)

I like Beam for the usual cheapie.

Hunter5117

Reaction score
Canadian Club. My usual everyday whiskey, straight or with a dash of water.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
another vote for Evan Williams. I tried it and a bottle of Old Forester and thought the Evan was a smoother sip. A very simple flavor that is obviously short-aged, but still smoother than expected. At $10.31 a fifth (including tax), I wasn't expecting to find much complexity.

Greenleaf

Reaction score
I'd have to say Evan Williams as well. The problem is that its' sweetness becomes gagging once you've been drinking it hard for a good while.

Ever hear of Kentuicky Deluxe? That's "KD" to those unfortunates who drink it. Popular among hobos and broke-ass desperados, you might run across empty bottles under overpasses and such. I drank quite a few fifths and half pints back when I was broke. Now, I'm livin' it up with my old favorite, Jim Beam.

For a cheap scotch, try Clan MacGregor. It'll get you there.

cigarsarge

Reaction score
thecrowdog":8kd109bj said:
Rebel Yell
That brings back memories of wild days on the lake...Must purchase some soon. That was our go to whiskey growing up. I'll be a bit more civilized with it now. I'll sip instead of gulp. :D

SailorJack

Reaction score
Fighting Cock. 6yrs. old, 103 Proof for $16. It does need an ice cube or two to smooth it out but other than that it is pretty tasty stuff.

Williamson

Reaction score
McIvor Scotch whiskey. I tried it on a whim since it was $12 and was pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be keeping it around.