Indian Motorcycles

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al
Al":p8y3s6r5 said:
the motors are built in Osceola, Wisconsin. Wisconsin!???
Well, I'll always remain a cycling neophyte, but I do recall there is a motorcycle engine manufacturer of some note that is in Milwaukee. Something about flat heads and such.  I guess you can also throw in Cheese Heads.

Cartaphilus":h6hdprt6 said:
Not having been around scooters in a long time I don't know who Polaris is, only the Indian name. But, if it's a Japanese knock off that's sad. But, I gotta say (whether I like to or not) they caught the look.
As riff raff duly notes, Polaris is a full blooded American company. They have been manufacturing water sport and off-road vehicles for years. They broke into the motorcycles market in the last decade with it's first motorcycle brand Victory. Victory was the first real American option to Harley's. Now they are reviving the Indian brand. The Indian name has been bought several times in the last few decades, but Polaris has the capital and manufacturing experience to pull this off. Since they own both brands, I will expect Indian to remain a high end motorcycle while Victory targets the rest of the market.

Too bad, I really want to see a mid-sized Indian Scout!

Sean68":ohwc6rvb said:
Cartaphilus":ohwc6rvb said:
Not having been around scooters in a long time I don't know who Polaris is, only the Indian name. But, if it's a Japanese knock off that's sad. But, I gotta say (whether I like to or not) they caught the look.
As riff raff duly notes, Polaris is a full blooded American company. They have been manufacturing water sport and off-road vehicles for years. They broke into the motorcycles market in the last decade with it's first motorcycle brand Victory. Victory was the first real American option to Harley's. Now they are reviving the Indian brand. The Indian name has been bought several times in the last few decades, but Polaris has the capital and manufacturing experience to pull this off. Since they own both brands, I will expect Indian to remain a high end motorcycle while Victory targets the rest of the market.

Too bad, I really want to see a mid-sized Indian Scout!
Lets hope it stay's American in America.

I don't think the parts are even close to 100% USA sourced. :shock: 

daveinlax":yv8hlqym said:
I don't think the parts are even close to 100% USA sourced. :shock: 
I don't think the parts for anything are 100% U.S. sourced anymore. Detroit only assembles cars and trucks now. I think the motorcycle manufacturers do a better job of keeping work here at home than most other industries. I watched as the printer/copier company Lexmark slowly moved all of their manufacturing out of Lexington, Kentucky to foreign facilities. Only an office building left now.