Is it wrong to dislike a particular race?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Kaplan

Reaction score
My running club usually does 5ks, but now they want to do a 10k next week. 10ks make my feet hurt, but on longer runs I seem to push through the pain. Should I tell them I hate 10k races?

Nice one, GK. I was reading that title and formulating a cheeky way to say I think the New York Marathon is probably the worst race, too many people that look like strung-out health junkies crammed into the streets. You happened to beat me to it. Your race is superior.

I hate the long beach marathon, blocks up my streets

rev

Kyle Weiss":hjg8cif8 said:
Your race is superior.
But yours is the superior intellect. (Sorry, no time to paste Ricardo Montleban's pecs on your photo)
It was getting a little quiet around here. I couldn't help myself.

I couldn't run in a race if I wanted to. I can walk 20 miles, but running more than 100 yards kills my knees. :lol:

Kyle Weiss":iyk700jc said:
I couldn't run in a race if I wanted to. I can walk 20 miles, but running more than 100 yards kills my knees. :lol:
Do you have flat feet, Kyle? I am pretty much the same as you. I once hiked 18 miles in one day and was fine the next. I tried running consistently for about a three month basis until my knees told me no more. My father-in-law is a Podiatrist. He told me my feet were some of the flattest he has seen. I wound up getting a custom shoe insert that is supposed to help me with that.

Kyle Weiss":w5zb31s3 said:
I couldn't run in a race if I wanted to.
I understand. If confronted by an apex preditor, my only hopes for survival are
1) its fear of a small flame is greater than its hunger; or
2) I can stroll away faster than anyone else nearby

DrT999":j1kb783z said:
Kyle Weiss":j1kb783z said:
I couldn't run in a race if I wanted to.
I understand. If confronted by an apex preditor, my only hopes for survival are
I don't need to run faster than the predator; I only need to run faster than Dr. T. :p

George outed himself as a racist 8) . Discrimination against the big races, I'm calling Obama. We'll level a race tax on you now :twisted:

DrT999":jd34vywk said:
If confronted by an apex preditor, my only hopes for survival are
Or, just don't look it in the eye and hope it's really dumb, like the ravenous Bugblatter beast of Traal in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It's such a stupid animal that it assumes if you can't see it, it can't see you.

I know how you feel. I went and played hoops on Tuesday after a rehearsal. I felt great playing then, but today I'm o-so-sore. :no:

Only race I would want to run would be the human race...maybe for 5 or 10 minutes or so.

I will take this opp to share my fav racist joke, because I'll never get another --

Two black guys walking down the street. They notice a new shop. It has a sign in the window: Let us turn you white. 15 minutes. $15.

The first black guy says to his friend, "I have to admit that I've always wondered what it would be like . . ."

His buddy replies, "yeah, but I can't do it. I only have $10 to my name right now."

So the first guy replies, "No problem, Bro. I have a $20. I'll try it and it it works, you can have the change."

So they agree and the first guy goes into the shop. Fifteen minutes later he comes back out. His buddy says, "I can't believe it, Bro. If I didn't know it was you, I'd say it was Leonaardo DiCaprio! Blond. Blue eyes. I gotta try this. Give me the $5!!"

The first black guy says, "Give you $5!! Sheeeit! How about you get a job, Bro?"

Well, I warned you it was a racist joke :)

I see a lot of 26.2 and 13.1 bumper stickers, and I'd love to have one with a random distance like 2.9, or 6.3...

Harlock999":ndva8pfg said:
I see a lot of 26.2 and 13.1 bumper stickers, and I'd love to have one with a random distance like 2.9, or 6.3...
This is the sticker i want

stick_10.jpg