Kaywoodie elite grades, availability, and activity

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
I could have used any of the already-existing Kaywoodie threads, but I wasn't sure how much attention it would get. I've looked on other boards, and trying to find out this information was nearly impossible (because of people like me starting new threads). I apologize in advance.

I'm not sure I understand this all correctly, but someone at Kaywoodie, or someone new who bought the brand, was making regular high grades without the stingers, freehands, etc? Who was doing this, and how were they related to the brand? Next, what stamped grades were they? My interest was piqued when Briar Blues had some hand made freehands (not sure about their stampings though...just can't remember) and Sabbiatas (blue marble stems) in stock, and now that he has decided to no longer sell pipes, I see that he dumped them on ebay (I didn't see them until it was too late). I see that they have "pocket magnums", but I'm not sure if they have stingers or not. I was undecided for the longest time because the ones Briar Blues had were huge pipes, and I don't really smoke pipes like that anymore (still drawn to them though).

So not only am I interested in the present situation and history of these new "normal" pipes, but I'm also interested in knowing all the grades that don't have fills and are without stingers and whether they're still being made and are available.

Nathan Davis is running Kaywoodie, and making pipes under their name. I know he was crafting pipes before his involvement in the company. Not certain he's doing all of the Kaywoodies, but he has done many freehands, and the ones I have seen look to be excellent. He's a hard worker and a good pipe maker. I was told that Kaywoodies no longer have stingers. I met him once, and he seemed like a very good person. That's all I know.

Ya' mean like this big ol" boy!!!!! No stinger!

IMG_1991[1].JPG