L'air du Temps Bombing Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine says "forwarded" but it just kind of dies out there. Hopefully it will pick back up tomorrow where it left off today.

Went to the old house and nothing actually went there so that is probably a good sign.

Delivered at 11:37 this morning according to the trusty old USPS. Now the wait to see the carnage. Dang it the word carnage makes me want to watch the old show "Robot Wars"...and now that makes me want to watch Robot Jocks.

Finally dug out, have everything sorted, cataloged and photographed. Will post later this evening.

AND HURRY UP, KEENUM! 8)

My bomb is still marked as forwarded.

Let this be a lesson learned. If you're bombin' and you have to up and move the first person to notify is not your mom or dad, not your brother, sister, cousins or best friend, but the Commander. :p ;)

idbowman":5bdxnka7 said:
Finally dug out, have everything sorted, cataloged and photographed. Will post later this evening.

AND HURRY UP, KEENUM! 8)
Is it evening yet? :bounce:

Ok...here's the run down. First, a quick shot of everything un-packed:

The hardware included one MM cob (bent amber stem), as well as a nice little briar that's been cleaned up and ready to go:

Also had plenty of tinned tobacco and a cigar to boot:

The baggies of tobacco as they were unpacked:

And how they look after they were all jarred up (the bottom shelf and part of the middle shelf were already around, but the bombing accounts for half the middle shelf and the entire top...except the football candy holder - that puppy's been around for a while).

As for a list of the tobacco:

Ramon Bueso Genesis Cigar

Tins:
Erinmore Flake
SG FVF
SG Skiff Mixture
SG Sam's Flake
Villiger Mid Day
DAN Hamborger Veermaster
Sutliff No. 5
Sutliff Field Master
H&H Capitol Stairs
C&D Haunted Bookshop
Hermit Captain Earle's Stimulus Package

Baggies:
Dunhill London Mixture
Dunhill Early Morning Pipe
Dunhill 965
Prince Albert
Patton's Oriental Dusk
Patton's Soulmate's Kiss
Patton's Crossroads
Patton's Cathy's Clown
H&H Marble Kake
Park Lane Connoisseur's Flake
Park Lane Fireside
C&D Epiphany
Fairmorn Lancer's Slices
Peterson University Flake
Villiger Mid Day
Villiger Late Night
SG Squadron Leader
SG Christmas Mixture
Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake
Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake
John Aylesbury Luxury Flake
Park Lane Red Paramour
Balkan Sobranie Orignal Mixture (new)
Esoterica Penzance
Fusion Labs (P&C) Jefferson Mixture
Germain Plum Mixture

All in all, one hell of a payload...my dog was particularly pissy that he was locked out of the office for so long while I had to sort and organize (I'm a bit obsessive, that way). I don't even want to think about how long its going to take to start getting through all of this! Thanks a ton to everyone...can't wait to get even with you.

Holy heck that scene has my anticipation building like an avalanche down a mountain. Went to the post office and spoke with someone. She checked in back didn't have anything undeliverable I had to pick up there. She said they bring it in and if you have forwarding set it shows as undeliverable thengets relabeled and sorted. Then heads to the new address. She said my name sounds familiar and she remembers a bunch having to be relabled for one person yesterday. She said probably get then all at once monday. :shock: :bounce: :bom:

Can't sleep checked the mail drop 9 times today just in case. First time I've looked forward to the work week. :lol!:

Somewhere deep down in the depths of Dante's seventh ring of hell there exists a person that would set this whole thing up and then have all the boxes be like tic tacs, or lumps of coal or something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's warranted here...but there would be a kind of elegant evil beauty to it.

Sigh.

Blackhorse":lln5fuv1 said:
Somewhere deep down in the depths of Dante's seventh ring of hell there exists a person that would set this whole thing up and then have all the boxes be like tic tacs, or lumps of coal or something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's warranted here...but there would be a kind of elegant evil beauty to it.

Sigh.
This is the one time where I wish the PO would replace all the contents with a note about sending inappropriate items. That would teach em!

Well, I guess I don't think anyone has to be taught anything. I mean, reflect a bit on what you would have done in someone's place..and be honest with yourself...and then if you really would have done something that would have averted the situation you can be the teacher. As I thought about it I realized I probably would have done the same things. Considering that orders had already been out for a week...just changing all that with a new set could have resulted in more confusion and all. The 'address change' things were done in a timely manner and will work fine.

It IS kinda fun poking at him with a sharp stick though. :lol:

I'm just being sarcastic. Lay it as thick as possible, I deserve it. :lol!:

Nice Haul Mr. Bowman, excellent variety with some elegant choices mixed in there.

Those are definitely some happy looking jars.