Lat-light Blends ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer":hyyjy73b said:
Steveaux":hyyjy73b said:
JimInks: This is all your fault, anyway. Your R-Blend review got me to this point.
That's a nice haul right there.  :D 

Sudden fits of TAD are pretty much always Jim's fault around here.

What I am currently doing? Scraping up funds to place my first HU Tobacco order. (Thanks Jim)  ;)
You cannot go wrong with HU tobaccos. I'm hoping to get more. I'd rank Hans up there with the top blenders in the world.

D&B, just sing my version of the Maverick theme song, buddy!  :D :twisted: :lol!: 

You're an evil, evil man, Jim.

In the best possible way, of course.

:cheers: 

If you like Kentucky, I think Stokkebye's Amsterdam is a good smoke, especially for the price. You can get it for $13 for 8 oz at BnB right now, and there is a Groupon to get a $50 voucher for $25 or $100 for $49.

Thomas Tkach":zzafpi0b said:
If you like Kentucky, I think Stokkebye's Amsterdam is a good smoke, especially for the price. You can get it for $13 for 8 oz at BnB right now, and there is a Groupon to get a $50 voucher for $25 or $100 for $49.
Ermmm ... what's a Groupon?

Dark-fired Kentucky? Love it. I bought a 1 lb. box of ODF.

Currently; ODF, Exhausted Rooster, Five O'Clock Shadow, Triple Play ...

I took three flakes of ODF (fully rubbed), an equal amount of John Patton's Virginia Squire, and a big pinch of Perique (a gift from Natch), mixed well, and jarred it for a month.

It made a really nice, sweet/smoky/spicy VaPerKy.

Groupon is an on-line coupon thing that vendors will advertise through social media outlets.

Hey Thomas, can you provide a link to the Groupon? I can only locate the BnB cigar deal.

PozzSka":oga5hg2u said:
McClelland 2045 Oriental Mixture is one of my favorite, lat easy blends...
+1 2045 is a great light lat blend.

Right. I'm wondering if that link deserves its own post to get more attention. It's such a great deal, I might buy another one with my wife's account.

I really like GL pease's Key Largo. A nice warm weather smoke. It has Va and cigar leaf too. Maybe some other stuff. Check it out. Doesn't smoke like a lat bomb at all. The only blend with latakia I get through regularly.

JimInks":1o0idcxs said:
DrumsAndBeer":1o0idcxs said:
Steveaux":1o0idcxs said:
JimInks: This is all your fault, anyway. Your R-Blend review got me to this point.
That's a nice haul right there.  :D 

Sudden fits of TAD are pretty much always Jim's fault around here.

What I am currently doing? Scraping up funds to place my first HU Tobacco order. (Thanks Jim)  ;)
You cannot go wrong with HU tobaccos. I'm hoping to get more. I'd rank Hans up there with the top blenders in the world.

D&B, just sing my version of the Maverick theme song, buddy!   :D :twisted: :lol!: 
So I take it HU can be shipped the the US?

Please pm info.

Cheers,

RR

Hiram-2011":nfn4wlll said:
JimInks":nfn4wlll said:
Yes, all HU products can be ordered from the US.
How's the ordering process as far as time frame for delivery?  
That, I do not know. I have not ordered directly from Hans. My friends who have said the process is smooth. I believe he does not take credit cards, but does wire transfers. My advice is to visit his site and ask the necessary questions. Believe me, it's worth the effort.

His site is in German, but there may be a translater. http://www.hu-tobacco.de/

Here's his contact. http://shop.strato.de/epages/63080810.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63080810/Categories/ContactForm

I contacted Hans about ordering and he does sell worldwide. Here is his response. Please remember that English is not his first language.

"The ordering is really simple. Registration and ordering in the shop, and than I answer the customer and sent the invoice.
The shipment for a parcel max 2 kg cost 17,50 Euro. The tobacco prizes are the shop prizes without VAT (-19%)
The customer could pay per paypal.
But pay attention, for new customer, the delivery note is not correct. The shipping cost show the cost for shipment in Germany. The shop is not prepared for orders outside EU. So I sent the correct invoice.

Thanks!!"

I contacted Hans also today. He's a real friendly guy to chat with and the ordering process seems pretty good. Only downside is he said it would probably take around 2-3 weeks on delivery, but that seems fair to me. May have to roll the dice and order some.

Hiram-2011":nft8aw1k said:
I contacted Hans also today.  He's a real friendly guy to chat with and the ordering process seems pretty good.  Only downside is he said it would probably take around 2-3 weeks on delivery, but that seems fair to me.  May have to roll the dice and order some.
You won't mind the wait when you start smoking the blends. As I've said before, I've seen several people (a couple are friends) post how positive the experience of working with Hans is, and nobody's reported any problems with shipments.

This has been very helpful for me as well. I quit trying to find a lat blend that I liked years ago. I have been having the itch to try a few again. I mainly smoke McClelland 2000, McClelland Blackwoods, PS LNF, PS LTF, PS Bullseye. I also mix in some good burley blends. It seems like almost everything I smoke now days has some sort of sweetness to it. I almost remember reading about some blends that have a tiny bit of lat and sweetened too. C&D seems to come to mind but I can't remember for sure. Can you guys point me in the right direction?  I do crave the lat at times again but I think my problem in the past was that I started with blends that were way too strong.

J_Rock":6obndeuw said:
This has been very helpful for me as well. I quit trying to find a lat blend that I liked years ago. I have been having the itch to try a few again. I mainly smoke McClelland 2000, McClelland Blackwoods, PS LNF, PS LTF, PS Bullseye. I also mix in some good burley blends. It seems like almost everything I smoke now days has some sort of sweetness to it. I almost remember reading about some blends that have a tiny bit of lat and sweetened too. C&D seems to come to mind but I can't remember for sure. Can you guys point me in the right direction?  I do crave the lat at times again but I think my problem in the past was that I started with blends that were way too strong.
For latakia blends with some sweetness that are not lat-bombs, you might try: MacBaren Latakia Flake, MacBaren Soylent Mixture, H&H Black House, Sutliff Private Stock Sunrise Smoke, Sutliff Private Stock Man's Best Friend, and McClelland Blue Mountain immediately come to mind. They have a decent amount of latakia, but most of them have enough sweetness to mute the strength of the latakia some. I also like Sam Gawith Navy Flake. Sutliff Private Stock Westminster is much like Dunhill London Mixture, but it's smoother and a little sweeter.

JimInks":0aqgnyrb said:
J_Rock":0aqgnyrb said:
For latakia blends with some sweetness that are not lat-bombs, you might try: MacBaren Latakia Flake, MacBaren Soylent Mixture, H&H Black House, Sutliff Private Stock Sunrise Smoke, Sutliff Private Stock Man's Best Friend, and McClelland Blue Mountain immediately come to mind. They have a decent amount of latakia, but most of them have enough sweetness to mute the strength of the latakia some. I also like Sam Gawith Navy Flake. Sutliff Private Stock Westminster is much like Dunhill London Mixture, but it's smoother and a little sweeter.
Wow......thanks for all of the recommendations! I will look into those.