Layout changes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote feature still does not work. I can quote someone and that shows up on a yellow highlight. But cannot type anything under it.

I'm a member at another forum with similar software and the reply box hasn't changed there.

Still no cursor.  Cannot delete after highlighting. And my browser spell check will not highligh misspelled words.

I'd be grateful if an admin could put this back the way it was.

Not amused.

Brewdude":o795v34w said:
Quote feature still does not work. I can quote someone and that shows up on a yellow highlight. But cannot type anything under it.
(I can also add or delete text in the quote box)
 I just tried the quote feature, seems to work, I'll know after hitting the "Send" button.

Ok gentlemen, we've gotten a little info from our Admins. There were some updates made on June 12 and apparently aspects of the reply function were disabled. These changes are only being tested at this point and will be modified pending user feedback.

The Guys Who Change This Stuff (without telling us)":h6zvbty8 said:
1. With the integration of the new editor, two options become obsolete in your admin panel and therefore were deleted:

-Enable extended message editor
-Enable WYSIWYG by default in messages

2. This new editor is still in beta. Therefore, there may still be some bugs. These will be corrected by gathering feedback from the community. (It should be noted that the change will not be in your admin panel.)
I'm not entirely sure how long this beta process will take but nothing's permanent yet.

We'll let you guys know more as we find out more.

Continues to be a problem here.

Many features normally expected are not employed.

Ok, something changed with the quote feature. Not too stoked about this.
What did we do?
Who did we anger?

Harlock999":fy20209m said:
Continues to be a problem here.

Many features normally expected are not employed.

Ok, something changed with the quote feature. Not too stoked about this.
What did we do?
Who did we anger?
Arrrghh!

Can't you guys understand? It WAS NOT BROKE so they FIXED it !!! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":cy552dgh said:
Can't you guys understand? It WAS NOT BROKE so they FIXED it !!! :twisted: :twisted:
Now it's back...
Or I'm losing it.
Whatever...

Okay, I think I see what you guys are talking about.

The problem occurs when you want to continue writing after you hit preview. The system then won't allow you to move the cursor outside the quote box, right?

Okay, I'm definitely see what you guys are talking about now.

You simply can't get the cursor to appear below the quote box if you hit quote from the OP's post.

You're right. This sucks.

MisterE":u0ufgq7s said:
Okay, I'm definitely see what you guys are talking about now.

You simply can't get the cursor to appear below the quote box if you hit quote from the OP's post.

You're right. This sucks.
That's what it did an hour ago.
Now it works again.
Are they watching us and laughing? :evil:

Repeating myself :

The whole thing stinks and I hate it.

It was FINE the way it was.

:face:

Ok guys, I've discovered something in a way of a quick fix here.

Look at the last box on the bottom right of the function icons on the post a reply screen. That's the "Switch Editor Mode". If you hit that it'll go back to the old system and you can move your cursor where you want to.

It doesn't solve the buggy changes, but you'll be able to do what you need to meantime...

MisterE":5930921l said:

Look at the last box on the bottom right of the function icons on the post a reply screen. That's the "Switch Editor Mode". If you hit that it'll go back to the old system and you can move your cursor where you want to.

It doesn't solve the buggy changes, but you'll be able to do what you need to meantime...
Yes!!
Thanks E!

Well, a visit to the main forum for some idea as to what the providers are doing to help, was a lost cause.  No mention of the problem we have with the quote box.  A lot of bitching about the new editor to be sure.  Apparently this was done to enhance mobile connectivity.  There is one thread allowed for discussion and it's up to 16 pages already.  I will have to spend some time trying to get a reply and to see if it's some code modifiable by us that will fix the bugs.  For now, click the "Switch Editor Mode" icon.  Hope for the best.

:cheers:
Harlock999":9bkqmubq said:
MisterE":9bkqmubq said:

Yes!!
Thanks E!
Looks like this might work except for emoticons !

monbla256":n291fln8 said:
:cheers:
Harlock999":n291fln8 said:
MisterE":n291fln8 said:

Yes!!
Thanks E!
Looks like this might work except for emoticons !
:p :p

Here you go!

MisterE":py5vjyqy said:

Just trying this out, looks like it's going to work. Everything else i've replied to has been all *** up this morning. Having to type in the "??" wrote: If this works thanks in advance.

Yak":sm4u0hnd said:
Repeating myself :

The whole thing stinks and I hate it.

It was FINE the way it was.

:face:

You can say that again!